biddy381

Not really helping to bring in new players guys??

Okay before you say it, i am not whining okay ;)

I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and like 99.9% of you i have died many times, losing lots of equipment etc etc.

Recently though there has been a giant lack of trust between players online which is very off putting to new comers to the game. I know this because in the few weeks i have been playing I have tried "team up" with others in game so that i could have a "mutiplayer" expierience instead of a solo one.

We have groups of guys running around slaying zombies and getting new loot which is part of the fun but when they come across an unarmed man whos still looking for a water bottle and hunting knife within his first ten minutes of play, they just shoot/beat the person to death!!! yup its funny to us "I watched it from a safe distance a few times", but for a newcomer to experience this is just gonna put him off this game.

Lets start giving people a chance, especially if they are unarmed, let others enjoy the gaming experience before slaughtering them. you never know they might become a pretty good ally.

• Like 4

yea but they could also turn around and slay you for your gear.

I have come to the fact that play with people you know shoot people you dont know.

thats just the truth of the game.

• Like 4

People are just that brutal in this game.

If they don't know you 9 times out of 10 they'll kill you. Just in case.

Your heart is in the right place, sadly this way of thinking will cause the aforementioned heart to be blown clean out of you by a sniper round if you aren't careful

• Like 4

bored people doing boring stuff (killing freshspawns)...kinda sucks but thats how some want to play so

Edited by Dr. Nick

You are correct, they might just do that but, why not at least help unarmed people get survival items i.e

-matches

-waterbottle

-and a hunting axe,

then let them carry on alone or make an alliance,

the least we can do is help them a little bit?

I think it is quite realistic, 1/10 friendly? Destroying the weak? All sounds like a real world situation. It sucks for the new players, but hopefully they can get some gear before they get slaughtered. I don't kill new people, I won't help them either. I will give them some advice and be on my way.

Edited by RedLlama
  • Like 2

You are correct, they might just do that but, why not at least help unarmed people get survival items i.e

-matches

-waterbottle

-and a hunting axe,

then let them carry on alone or make an alliance,

the least we can do is help them a little bit?

yeah i think thats the most satisfying thing to do in dayz, helping other ppl out. but thats just damn risky...you help them out and they shoot you in the back got this already twice and i´m getting tired off it. no rage just well why should i or anyone continue to try.

• Like 2

Everyone does it because everyone does it.

Id never shoot an unarmed player, but pretty much everyone with a gun is going to try and shoot you.

I don't mind losing gear (because I can survive without M4s and GPS) and I like firefights in DayZ, they are a ton of fun.

I love helping players, and id gladly play with newbies and help them out, but as soon as you give most people a gun they are going to shoot you in the back and take what you have.

• Like 2

Advice is the very minimum you could expect from somebody, better than death lol.

No matter how much gear my character has i will still try to contact a player by typing "friend" into the direct chat, unless he is already in a group of guys with shotguns,,,,,, stay well clear.

I just think people should be a little more understanding for new comers otherwise this amazing game isnt going to grow into what we know it can ;)

I'm not sure why people act like pvp was added after this game went viral.

It's WHY this game went viral.

I haven't read all the responses yet.. but IMO, we as individuals make the game what it is.. and what it isn't. Which is what makes the game so awesome..

My point being; lead by example and live by the golden rule...

• Like 1

All people I encounter are either retards or bandits.

Who wants to team up with people behaving like fucks towards you, when you invite them to be friends.

E.g. four last people I encountered:

Sitting on the hillside at the beach a bit east of Kamenka. Suddenly two guys comes running at the beach, gets into the lighthouse, one jumps off and dies and the other guy just stands there. I walk up and ask if he's all right and if he needs anything. He climbs down after 2 min of just standing there looking at me and starts to run around in circles around the lighthouse. I back off and he continues. Later he climbs up the hill and starts running north with no apparent goal. I take some of my time and stalk him from a distance, and he logs off (he probably didn't even see me stalking him).

Sitting on the hillside again, suddenly a guy comes from the west from the woods, and I quickly spot him. I greet him and he runs behind a tree. I ask him what he wants and he starts to giggle through the voice communications channel... We stand there one minute and he runs off east again... I do not follow him, because I'm scared he hid behind the tree just to delay me so that his friends could come and murder me. I run off north west.

It's night in Stary Sobor and I have no NVG's. I looted the tents and when I try to light a fire, suddenly I hear a *WOOOSH* .... *BANG* (M107). As I'm in the process of lighting a fire, I can't run. Strangely I hear no more shots at me, I managed to abort the lighting process and ran inside a tent, throw a flare, and stay there for 5 minutes. Later I run to the nearby mall (with a blue chemlight to see) and I get aggro'd zombies on my tail. I run inside and as I am about to enter I see someone looting in there. I can't stop since I have zombies on me so I just yell "DON'T FIRE, DON'T FIRE, DON'T FIRE", runs inside and the guy turns towards me and attemts to kill me with his Winchester. I run around him until I realize he's going to kill me and I unload a full AKM mag into him. (he was not the sniper)

Edited by Vitdom
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why people act like pvp was added after this game went viral.

It's WHY this game went viral.

Funny, I didn't get the game because of the PvP. I got it because a friend of mine said he heard good things about the mod and it being a sandbox style of game.

Had it not been for a friend trying it out, I wouldn't have even bothered. In fact, I almost didn't, because I looked at some videos and went..."Who the fuck wants to play "super extreme crawling simulator 2012" Yeah, that looks like a fucking fun time...crawling into a town and taking 1 hour to loot shit."

But being 30.00 I gave it a shot and so far we're having a blast. But it's not just because of the PvP...

If New players try it and don't like it, I'm not really sure they are the kind of people you want in this game to begin with.

Edited by kentk94
  • Like 2

They need to just bring back the Markov when you spawn so newbies have a fighting chance. I dont really see how removing it has helped spawn killing other than respawns killing eachother. Now your just out there with your ass in the breeze for anyone alive longer than 20 minutes.

Edited by jackcrow
  • Like 1

there's a risk to helping any one out in dayz, as well all know, I will only play with certain people I actually know. They could easily pop one in ya head once ya have sorted them out with gear!

Okay before you say it, i am not whining okay ;)

I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and like 99.9% of you i have died many times, losing lots of equipment etc etc.

Recently though there has been a giant lack of trust between players online which is very off putting to new comers to the game. I know this because in the few weeks i have been playing I have tried "team up" with others in game so that i could have a "mutiplayer" expierience instead of a solo one.

We have groups of guys running around slaying zombies and getting new loot which is part of the fun but when they come across an unarmed man whos still looking for a water bottle and hunting knife within his first ten minutes of play, they just shoot/beat the person to death!!! yup its funny to us "I watched it from a safe distance a few times", but for a newcomer to experience this is just gonna put him off this game.

Lets start giving people a chance, especially if they are unarmed, let others enjoy the gaming experience before slaughtering them. you never know they might become a pretty good ally.

When I started I tried being nice. It got me killed a lot. So that's why I kill everyone I can, and I still have made a few more friends to add to my group. You just kind of have to adapt to killing other players who could potentially became an asset. If you want to play some DayZ I can ally with you. Just add me on skype. It's on my profile.

Hide/run...kill/or be killed !

Its simple as that! :)

In my first hour of play i die so many time by a bastard saying friendly... then he shot me at the first time. lol

Now i kill every one so sorry for for the 1/10 Its collateral damage ! lol

Hide/run...kill/or be killed !

Its simple as that! :)

In my first hour of play i die so many time by a bastard saying friendly... then he shot me at the first time. lol

Now i kill every one so sorry for for the 1/10 Its collateral damage ! lol

Exactly. You know how it works..

I came up with a little line when i was thinking about it before sleep after ending a session killed by a "friendly".

In Day Z, Trust is not freely given, it must be earned, earning it however is an impossibility.

• Like 2

every person you team up with increases you're ability to survive more then the gear on the guy you just killed. having more people with you means you can live longer so I don't get why people shoot on sight when they could team up and have someone watching there back and keeping there stuff safe.

• Like 2

They could, but thats if your with them long enough for them to get a weapon, like i say,

-water bottle

-matches

-maybe a few first aid supplies

-then last give them an axe, if your still wary of them, point your gun at them and tell them to do one.

they only need the supplies to keep themselves hydrated and hunger free.

p.s Obviously dont give them your supplies, if they are completely unarmed help them find that stuff or give them advice on where to find the stuff.

Instead of killing them straight away (even though its fun for you bandits)

Edited by Biddy381

Really is a personal preference when playing DayZ, there is no right, or wrong play-style.

I can see where you are coming from though.

• Like 1

there's a risk to helping any one out in dayz, as well all know, I will only play with certain people I actually know. They could easily pop one in ya head once ya have sorted them out with gear!

I never sort them out with gear.

bandages, a bit of food, and I'll even tell them how to equip their hatchet if they're completely new. Otherwise, I keep my eye on them and go off in another direction. If I can tell they're totally new to the game I'll stalk them and swoop in to save them if they're in trouble.

• Like 1