gerzounds

Fix the easily broken bones

Was crawling along when a friendly local zombie say me runs up hits me once instant broken leg turn around shoot him in the face crawl to saftey now I have to pray i come across morphine. which is pretty ridiculous considering you can fall like 3 feet and magically get a broken leg. I believe if you follishly jump off something thats actually high up absolutely get a broken leg. Or perhaps if you get hit with a crowbar but theres no reason the zombies should be able to do it. On another note when i was crawling crawled over a pallet then started gushing blood from that however that makes sense I have no idea.

• Like 2

Jump off a 3 foot ledge and break your leg.

Imo in Dayz you're bones are made of matchsticks. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm playing a different game but this doesn't happen to me anymore.

The only broken bones I get are from someone shooting me.

Also, why are you crawling again?

Jump off a 3 foot ledge and break your leg.

Imo in Dayz you're bones are made of matchsticks. :rolleyes:

Yea learning this the hard way and sometimes you can walk right in front of zombies and they don't see you others times the come sprinting from 2 miles away when you were in the prone being careful. just one of the many joys of the game.

Maybe I'm playing a different game but this doesn't happen to me anymore.

The only broken bones I get are from someone shooting me.

Also, why are you crawling again?

first time was so zombies wouldnt see me then i crawled more cause zombie broke my leg out of nowhere

first time was so zombies wouldnt see me then i crawled more cause zombie broke my leg out of nowhere

I see. I find zombies break legs more often when I'm near other objects like a fence, wall, burned out car. I try to keep my distance from objects and I no longer crawl. It just makes it easier for them to get me. I guess by avoiding that I've been lucky enough to avoid broken bones lately.

I see. I find zombies break legs more often when I'm near other objects like a fence, wall, burned out car. I try to keep my distance from objects and I no longer crawl. It just makes it easier for them to get me. I guess by avoiding that I've been lucky enough to avoid broken bones lately.

When my leg got broken i was in the tall grass in a field not near any other objects. pretty sure its just random bad luck in my case but either wway hope they can find a way to fix it.

For the love of God, fix this already! My friend broke a leg by me walking by him! Not to mention that entering a building proning can break your leg!

Which wouldn't be so horrible, if it recovered over time and painkillers helped! BUT NO! Only Morphein works, which you can't find anywhere

Yeah long story short got frustrated threw a smoke grenade and frag grenade at the nearest zombies opened fireat them then got eaten since all i could do is crawl

Oh yeah Forgot to mention the RIDICULOUS profuse bloodloss from the first hit from a zombie makes no sense

When my leg got broken i was in the tall grass in a field not near any other objects. pretty sure its just random bad luck in my case but either wway hope they can find a way to fix it.

Were you stationary?

I also stopped standing still and always keep moving when near zombies that are aggro'd. Might have something to do with my lack of broken bones lately. Can't say for sure.

Remember to always carry morphine.

Oh yeah Forgot to mention the RIDICULOUS profuse bloodloss from the first hit from a zombie makes no sense

How so?

The zombie tears the shit out of you, do you hear how harsh the hit sounds?

Edited by LordRayken

Remember to always carry morphine.

How so?

The zombie tears the shit out of you, do you hear how harsh the hit sounds?

Ive found morphine 1 time I'm not that lucky, It sounds and looks like the zombie is punching you. So zombies have super human strength to instantly shatter bones with one hit when they are no doubt starving from lack of food? And its not like they have razor sharp talons. Unless the zombies just punch you so hard that your kidneys explode and you die of internal bleeding I doubt it.

I just found a lee enfield in a barn, walked down the stairs, fell from 3 STEPS and had a broken bone, WTF. At least make these cure over time because I ain't crawling to a hospital.

More like add states into broken legs.

Heck improve on it with different levels.

Fracture is what you would get if you were to jump from several feet height to the ground, you 'injure' yourself and lose some blood in the process, and you get a temporary 'fracture' effect along with the 'shock' effect.

This means you get put into pain, and painkillers won't work long term for you until you wear a splint to help recover the fracture over time.

Basically, fractures and cracked bones recover if you DON'T move, and recovers slowly if you walk, but it does take a long time.

A fractured leg makes you limp, so your run speed drops by 20%.

You can use a splint to reinforce it, so you can nullify the speed loss that way.

With a splint on, you can recover while running at the slowest rate.

Morphine is required to recover fully, or to recover from a broken leg...

This means:

No more [normal] -> [broken leg] status.

But you have [normal] -> [fracture] -> [broken leg] possibility.

Also should implement the possibility of fractured arms too... When you have a broken arm, you can't shoot or carry a weapon at all, meaning you drop your currently equipped weapon once your arm breaks, and you cannot switch weapons until you put a splint on the arm or use painkillers to temporarily ease it (and allow you to carry the weapon again).

This means people can shoot your shoulders and you end up dropping your gun.

Broken bones should be mendable with bandages. It's not something that heals over time in real life, but morphine certainly isn't the cure. It needs to happen less often, a lot less often. Eventually you learn how to avoid it, but skipping a step shouldn't break all the bones in your legs. Being scratched shouldn't break all the bones in your legs. Falling a few feet shouldn't break all the bones in your legs. Maybe you twist or sprain an ankle, but should hinder movement speed at most. And a bandage would solve that as well.

Getting shot in the shoulder shouldn't shatter the bones in your legs either. :)

It was worse before. A few updates ago, infected would break legs a lot more often than they do now. It was ridiculous, but I find it fairly balanced right now. That said, I always have some morphine on me.

Where to find morphine? Is actually very easy to find, it's just that it only regularly spawns in a few places, so you must take 2 or 3 morphine autoinjectors before heading inland. It spawns at hospitals, both on their own, and inside medical crates. There are several medical crates in every hospital, which have lots of blood, bandages, morphine, and epi-pens. If you can't open the box through your gear menu, then you have to clear the loot that has spawned below the box. Just take it and throw it anywhere else, then you can get the nice things.

EDIT: There's loot behind the hospital and on the roof, but to get the most of it, you need to get inside the building. To do so, you must break the glass. I suggest using a melee weapon, so you don't attract half of the zeds in the city, or even worse, any other players. Oh, and you save ammo that way.

Where are the hospitals? If you don't know that, then you urgently need this: http://dayzdb.com/map

There's one at Elektrozavodsk, just southeast of the supermarket. Another one is located south of Berezino. And in Cherno you can find two hospitals, and two medical military tents, all of them full of morphine for you to enjoy :D

You can also find morphine at military loot spawns, and on some zombies (I think that the military ones have a small chance of dropping it), but this is not as reliable.

In short, TL; DR, go to any hospital and get 2-3 morphine before going anywhere.

Edited by HellSnake