urspider2018@gmail.com

How to make DayZ players more compassionate. (A fool-proof plan)

A lot of threads are made each day in this forum suggesting fixes to a 'bandit problem.' Most of them seem like they're cut from the same mold, and pretty much all of them are shot down pretty quickly.

I figured I'd give myself a go at one of these!

The Backstory

Apparently scientists, using science, have discovered a way to make people act more compassionately. They achieve this by sending electricity through your brain, and then it does stuff, and then you're nicer. The effects last for as long as you're zapping your brain and about 20 minutes after, so there are no long term side effects from the treatment (they did say continuous use might make you a better person, but hey, I consider that a bonus.)

Here's a video, for science!

http://youtu.be/rc6kk3cT8kM?t=25m20s

What does this have to do with DayZ?

Well, if DayZ ever goes standalone, they could add those electricity zapping headbands as a peripheral that you wear while playing, making you less likely to shoot on sight and overall make you a better person. It's a win-win scenario! No game-breaking mechanics are introduced, people can still try really hard to be bandits (or they can just not wear the headband, but hey, that's not cool), and the world becomes a better place!

Critiques, comments, cruelties, cans, all are welcome!

• Like 7

I would love to see that :D

Bandits aren't a problem. Their part of the game and their a good challenge. It's the idiots that go about killing unarmed people or kill people just for target practice. Their the sort that have made this game lesser than how great it should be. Just saying, I mean I like what your suggesting, really funny. Just I say bandits should always be a part of surviving.

Since when has an Apocalypse happened where everyone got together, sang, and were jolly.

• Like 5

Bandits aren't a problem. Their part of the game and their a good challenge. It's the idiots that go about killing unarmed people or kill people just for target practice. Their the sort that have made this game lesser than how great it should be. Just saying, I mean I like what your suggesting, really funny. Just I say bandits should always be a part of surviving.

Since when has an Apocalypse happened where everyone got together, sang, and were jolly.

Nice to see someone who can differentiate between cunts who camp the coast and actual bandits like me who stay farther north killing people who can fight back. Beans for you. :beans:

• Like 2

Well, maybe not everyone, but I'm pretty sure there'd be a good bunch of people with the mindset of "The world's going to hell might as well have one last orgy before I go!"

Not sure there'd be much singing though.

Edited by AdmiralGreene
  • Like 1

Well, maybe not everyone, but I'm pretty sure there'd be a good bunch of people with the mindset of "The world's going to hell might as well have one last orgy before I go!"

Not sure there'd be much singing though.

Know what, you made me lol, you get beans.

Nice to see someone who can differentiate between cunts who camp the coast and actual bandits like me who stay farther north killing people who can fight back. Beans for you. :beans:

Well hey, if it weren't for bandits like you the north would be almost deathly boring. Cheers.

so you are saying if you stimulate my brain with electric pulses you can manipulate my personality? lol sounds scary

so you are saying if you stimulate my brain with electric pulses you can manipulate my personality? lol sounds scary

Hopefully you're already a nice person and you don't need your personality manipulated :P

I would like to see this on a level were you get zapped after you were in combat and make sure it is really just a blinding zap that doesn't last nothing more.

People need to just get over that there will always be bandits, ALWAYS no matter what happens, its human nature to kill other humans, get over it.

Yes, but

People need to just get over that there will always be bandits, ALWAYS no matter what happens, its human nature to kill other humans, get over it.

Yes, but, with science . . . we can curb this nature, bring it under control.

We can end banditry.

forever.

That's not the point.

They're ruining other peoples fun. Why? They're bored because they're tooled up and have nothing to do because they have no imagination and their ape-like brains can only muster 'got gun, shoot stuff'.

It's like toddler having blocks and not being able to do anything with them and only getting satisfaction from kicking over everyone elses. It's pathetic, because it's not toddlers. It's fully grown minds.

Most people try to rationalise it my saying 'he had stuff I wanted'. So? They kill people to take their stuff then get puzzled as to why they're loaded with stuff and have nothing to do. Whereas people like me probably spent 2 hours crawling around scavenging that stuff and OMG playing the game.

I've spent more time looking at a loading screen lately thanks to the 5-10 minute load times. Why are a bunch of tools ruining everyone elses fun so they can have theirs?

There's banditry and there's being a fucking dick. Bandits by their very title loot. I got shot outside of Cherno by some guy today. Didn't take anything. I wasn't doing anything. I was just trying to get to the hospital to get blood for a friend because I put others before myself. It's taken about 3 days because every time I've got near civilisation I've got shot. This is not normal. I got killed in a church by a guy running past... I wasn't even armed, I was just emptying my backpack to get a new one.

I've met up with my friends twice because we can't even get to a rendezvous without getting shot.

This community needs to do a lot of growing up. That or there are a lot of mental defectives playing this game. If the game is so boring that it drives people to the these actions, then just quit.... or kill yourself and start again.

But hey, who gives a shit as long as you're having fun (at everyone elses expense) right?

Hey, it's one of those things Cartman got to stop cursing! :D

it's a funny idea but kind of too silly in my opinion.

if you want to solve the "bandit-problem" you should maybe stop using the word bandit. i mean seriously? who doesn't kill on sight these days? everyone is a bandit now. how about removing the murder counter instead to make killing people less of a sport? in my opinion the bandit problem was created by adding the bandit skins and the murder counter as a reward and sign of status. it simply created a myth that doesn't depict the truth. i mean there's even a seperate bandit section in the forums as if there were 2 factions, it's ridiculous. it's like the whole thing stagnated somewhere around the start.

the game is what it is now. i think not even group gameplay will change that. only people on teamspeak will use that stuff and most people will still kill strangers. i mean there may be still alot of people who avoid confrontation but real cooperation with strangers is very rare. it's just a game. why would people have strong morals? and yea it's not perma-death it's more like perma-lose-your-stuff. it's all based around loot and to be more specific, weapons. it's just what it's about.

in my opinion the only way would be to really force people into situations where they are dependent on a stranger in a convincing way. and i think that can only be done by a ridiculously hostile enviroment. also zombies would have to be extremly dangerous if you'd want a real desperate situation. why would there be desperation when it's perfectly easy to survive alone if not easier in some cases. and of course the choice of weapons and the amount of ammo you can find would have to be changed drasticly. if you don't have to count your ammo before you engage (because you might need it later to get food from zombie infested villages) you sure won't hesitate to take the shot at anyone. i sure don't. most of the time i have more ammo than i need.

i think dayz came to a point where it's "don't change a thing if it works". "works" meaning making alot of people play it.

and i think there are just some things that dayz can't deliver due to the way it works. sure human encounters (let's just say firefights :P) are intense but there's always the built in exploits and the pure natur of it being a game that will keep deeper stuff from happening. it's more of a raw "survival of the fittest" kind of thing than the "walking dead" experience. too much anonymity for any social stuff exceeding the boundaries of an already existing group to happen.

sorry about the long post. your idea kind of inspired me :)

Put shitons more zombies in the game. Usually you might see a survivor running with 20 zeds on his tail. make it more like 70 or more, and put more zombies in the cities so that way players will either have to work together to loot or get overrun by the undead.

• Like 1

stuff

Its a game, I'm not going to not do something that I find really fun, so someone doesn't get their feelings hurt, and I mostly do it for posts like this, to see people make themselves sound stupid.

and it is the point, no matter what I will ALWAYS kill people, never will I trust someone not once, and I know I'm not the only one, if someone helps me get geared and they have NVG's I'll kill them with whatever weapon I have.

The term "EVIL" is pretty funny. Killing someone else for survival is not an evil act, i guess you could subjugate sadism, aka the pleasure of inflicting pain to another, but killing is not evil, it's just extremely counter productive in most societies and cause grief to those left alive.

Its a game, I'm not going to not do something that I find really fun, so someone doesn't get their feelings hurt, and I mostly do it for posts like this, to see people make themselves sound stupid.

and it is the point, no matter what I will ALWAYS kill people, never will I trust someone not once, and I know I'm not the only one, if someone helps me get geared and they have NVG's I'll kill them with whatever weapon I have.

I mean if you can do something than why shouldn't you, right??

There needs to be a solid surrender mechanic (IMO), even then I don't think it would make a difference to jack-ass's like this. Thats alright though - we need people to play the villan, the thing is even villans need to have a larger thought process than this cave-dweller :) .

Edited by Hoik