Xianyu

Why this mod is failing

Other things to do...

1. go to the coast and counter snipe the very people you complain about

2. camp stary or NW airfield waiting for server hoppers to kill.

3. look for camps

4. look for and repair vehicles.

if none of these things entice you and you're looking for some hug it out session with complete strangers who have no reason to trust you, and no real threat to defend against other than other players, you're playing the wrong game.

The ever growing list of servers and continued success of arma 2 sales contradict your claim of failure, and even if that were true, so be it. The game is a sandbox. Stop trying to impose structure to it. Its not about structure, and never will be.

notice how most your things to do involve killing other players or finding their camps/cars.

• Like 1

It doesn't fail. Let's make it simple, it's a big fun. You're free to leave and play something else.

The "game" is failing because it isn't a game no matter how many people call it one. The attempt to make it a game is failing because the people that made the mod never intended it to be a "game" and now have no idea (or don't have the ability, or both) how to make it a game (i.e., with replayabiity, long term goals to keep people interested, a way to fix all the game-breaking bugs and hacks, etc...).

Cry more. cry harder. keep crying, sir criesalot. Boo hoo, bandits. Guess what? I had a lot of good gear just yesterday, and someone connected into the game behind me while I was in the barracks, and they shot me to death. The game wasn't ruined. I respawned on the shore, and carried on with the game. People that give up after being killed just don't get that half the fun is scavenging for shit. Bandits are here to stay, and if you can't handle it, War Z awaits you

• Like 2

This game is failing because bandits.

You have nothing better to do once you get this gear, other than shoot PEOPLE with it. A .50 sniper rifle is not designed for use on zombies. Don't even try to pretend it is. It's used specifically for killing players.

Now, let's look at it from the other side. Say you're a person who genuinely wants to help, like, say, me. I like to help people who are in a spot of bother in this game. I was running cherno/elektro server hopping at one point taking down the barbed wire that server hoppers had been putting up to fence off pretty much every single bit of real estate in the cities.

It's not a fun game when no one will help you.

Every time you betray and backstab just for the sheer glee you get in your heart for being an anonymous cunt over the internet. This is what is destroying the game.

Eventually, the supply of fresh-faced, naive recruits WILL diminish

For the blatently retarded. I don't get killed by bandits. I actually have no problem with bandits. I have no problem killing them, or avoiding them. I can kit myself up to full capacity without meeting a single other player. Woopity FUCKING do. What I don't like banditry or the bandits way of gaming, is what it's done to the game. No one tries to help others, and avoids all contacts with others, because 4 out of every 5 people play the game as a bandit and will kill you. If not for your loot, then just to be a cunt.

To the blatently retarded, obviously blind: I have NEVER BEEN SNIPED. I don't get killed by bandits! When I do, I suck it up and start over! Can I not make this more clear? This is not a complaint of 'bandits killed me waaah' it's a case of 'Bandit mentality killed what could have been an awesome game, waaaaah!'

Ok pulled out the actual points you made in that fucking mess of text, im going to address these one by one.

First off, the game is failing because of bandits...Thats like me saying McDonalds is failing because it has fatty food, and people don't like that shit. Only im factually wrong as its not failing, its doing very well. You've fallen into the same retarded logical. Try figure it out.

And as for nothing to do? Its a sandbox, you make the content you fool, its limited by your imagination for the most part. I've seen some great ideas on here, Regulators, hospitals, extremely creative ways of murdering people and surviving. Its quite possibly the most entertaining game i've played since Fallout 2 all those years ago!

You seem to be under the mistaken belief that everyone is a bandit and no one helps and that everyone kills for fun. This just isnt true, one of the most exciting aspects of the game is human fear and human greed. Most of those players killing you probably aren't doing it for fun but from fear that you will kill them or they really need your beans to live. Its alot more complex than you give it credit. It creates a real challenge for the humans in the game to overcome these most basic of fears and emotions and give their trust to someone they have never met before, and put their survival in his hands.

And the last part of your post screams to me of someone who is seriously butt hurt over getting sniped. No point is actually made its just sentence after sentence of crying. You seem to get so angry at the thought of a sniper getting you, get over it, happens to the best of us.

Quit crying, man up or fuck off. Simples.

Edited by Boomstick
  • Like 2

OPs main post was a wall of diarrhea. There are tons of stuff to do once you get "gear".

1) Join a clan or play with friends (game is way more exciting when playing together)

2) Search for tents and vehicles

3) find a good location for a base (making a small tent city is my current goal and it is harder than you think)

4) hunt server hoppers. ( the high profile spawn locations are a great place to stake out. Hide in the treelines and wait for people to login to the spawns this is how you get some really awesome gear)

5) Help other people (it may sound risky but you can and will actually find decent people in the Mod. The mentality is shoot first ask questions later but, that doesn't make people bad. Itchy trigger fingers aside the most fun I have had in DayZ was teaming up with randoms it adds much realism to the experience.)

You are only limited by your imagination.

Edited by hatesauce
  • Like 1

Why do you think there is PvP? Because we got nothing else to achieve! Simple is that!

I sincerely hope that will change with stuff that Rocket will add to the mod.

the reason i joined these forums was to say just that... I was expecting something new, but it turned into something old... so many people playing this game, thinking it is another cod game... and i know people going to cry about me saying it, but hey its the truth...

• Like 1

Every day another thread, another circular discussion going nowhere because the discussion is based upon a fundamentally flawed premise: that there are two types of people in DayZ - survivors and bandits.

Nobody ever wants to account for the fact that most players are somewhere in between.

I do all of the things people seem to claim they want from the "survivor" portion of this game - I travel with companions, I share food, water and equipment, I bandage wounds and apply blood bags and epi-pens, I defend my friends from zombies and players, I cooperate to build and repair vehicles, I search for high-value loot, I've explored every inch of the map, I help new players learn the game and acquire basic tools for survival, etc. I do all of this every day I play the game.

But, I do it with people I know and trust.

If I don't know you and don't trust you and you run up on my squad expecting a high-five and a hug? You're going to get whipped into a fine paste by my M249.

Is that a flaw in the game design? That I don't want to be best friends with every stranger that sidles up to me unannounced?

I say no. I say a flaw would be some system of arbitrary and artificial restrictions and rules that would force me to be friends with you even though I don't want to. There are reasons I don't have more friends than I do already, and I don't want to play a game that forces me to make more. The day rocket adds some mechanic to force me to team up with every Cheeto-fingered, Mt. Dew-swilling ne'er-do-well who plays the game is the day I retire.

I've tried cooperating with random strangers I meet in the game. They run when they should walk, stand when they should crawl, shoot when they should wait, approach when they should stay back, lack communication skills, basic terrain knowledge, map-reading skills, etc. This usually results in my death or the death of a friends from either friendly fire or a zombie or hostile player that was alerted to our presence due to the actions of this stranger. It's not worth it. I don't want to be friends with you, okay? I don't want to cooperate with you. I have my squad and we're full so go away or face the consequences, eh?

The real meat of the issue is that people aren't used to playing games where trust and reliability matter so much. In WoW if you get a random dungeon finder with some assholes who don't know what they're doing, big deal. You lose a bit of item durability and 45 minutes. Okay, no biggie.

In DayZ so much more is on the line. Many hours, days, months of play and survival.

I'm sitting on Day 48 with 1200 zombie kills and you want me to put that in the hands of any old jackanapes who pops his head up and says "friendly!"?

Not a fucking chance.

rocket can do all he can to support and encourage cooperation, but he can't "game design" you into human relationships. You have to find those yourself, work on them on your own and then use them in the game to your advantage.

Just gotta quote this so others can read if they missed it because this is the ultimate frakin truth and you sir deserve as much beans as you want.

Edited by jay.pis
  • Like 3

And if they see me, I shoot.

welcome back to the 99%?

First off, the game is failing because of bandits...Thats like me saying McDonalds is failing because it has fatty food, and people don't like that shit. Only im factually wrong as its not failing, its doing very well. You've fallen into the same retarded logical. Try figure it out.

And he wanted an intelligent response from everyone lol. He has to be a bit more on the intelligent side of logic before he can ask for such blasphemy.

Every day another thread, another circular discussion going nowhere because the discussion is based upon a fundamentally flawed premise: that there are two types of people in DayZ - survivors and bandits.

Nobody ever wants to account for the fact that most players are somewhere in between.

I do all of the things people seem to claim they want from the "survivor" portion of this game - I travel with companions, I share food, water and equipment, I bandage wounds and apply blood bags and epi-pens, I defend my friends from zombies and players, I cooperate to build and repair vehicles, I search for high-value loot, I've explored every inch of the map, I help new players learn the game and acquire basic tools for survival, etc. I do all of this every day I play the game.

But, I do it with people I know and trust.

If I don't know you and don't trust you and you run up on my squad expecting a high-five and a hug? You're going to get whipped into a fine paste by my M249.

Is that a flaw in the game design? That I don't want to be best friends with every stranger that sidles up to me unannounced?

I say no. I say a flaw would be some system of arbitrary and artificial restrictions and rules that would force me to be friends with you even though I don't want to. There are reasons I don't have more friends than I do already, and I don't want to play a game that forces me to make more. The day rocket adds some mechanic to force me to team up with every Cheeto-fingered, Mt. Dew-swilling ne'er-do-well who plays the game is the day I retire.

I've tried cooperating with random strangers I meet in the game. They run when they should walk, stand when they should crawl, shoot when they should wait, approach when they should stay back, lack communication skills, basic terrain knowledge, map-reading skills, etc. This usually results in my death or the death of a friends from either friendly fire or a zombie or hostile player that was alerted to our presence due to the actions of this stranger. It's not worth it. I don't want to be friends with you, okay? I don't want to cooperate with you. I have my squad and we're full so go away or face the consequences, eh?

The real meat of the issue is that people aren't used to playing games where trust and reliability matter so much. In WoW if you get a random dungeon finder with some assholes who don't know what they're doing, big deal. You lose a bit of item durability and 45 minutes. Okay, no biggie.

In DayZ so much more is on the line. Many hours, days, months of play and survival.

I'm sitting on Day 48 with 1200 zombie kills and you want me to put that in the hands of any old jackanapes who pops his head up and says "friendly!"?

Not a fucking chance.

rocket can do all he can to support and encourage cooperation, but he can't "game design" you into human relationships. You have to find those yourself, work on them on your own and then use them in the game to your advantage.

Word.

Just gotta quote this so others can read if they missed it because this is the ultimate frakin truth and you sir deserve as much beans as you want.

This is not the truth, and it is utter bullshit!

I play this fucking thing eating Cool Ranch Doritos and drinking Dr. Pepper . ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm sure an unsuccessful random kid on the internet knows why a record-breaking mod is failing.

Rocket has accomplished more than you ever will. He's an intelligent man and deserves a ton of credit. Stop hating.

• Like 1

Where does it say that once you have gear you must kill players?

I have been alive for 16 days, I have all tools and kit, ghillie, nvg, rangefinder, coyote, M4SD + AS50 (no duping, was given some items and found the rest) and I have not killed any players or bandits. For me, it is just surviving as long as possible. I don't want to murder anyone. Now I have reached a stage where I would like to settle down with a tent and a nice vehicle and it has never crossed my mind to go to Cherno or Electro to simply kill other players...(ok... maybe I thought about sniping the snipers and bandits...but safer to stay well away) Now that is me but knowing there are player killers out there makes the game better to play. It adds that tension and dynamic that is a good thing. If you're bored of playing then take a few days off or visit a new part of the map.

Edited by testsubject81
  • Like 2

But the simple case is, the game has been completely diluted by the deathmatch mentality. There is no more survival. It's all about getting the best gear, and shooting people. There are no more 'chance encounters of friendlies', or if there are, they are so very, very few and far between that they're not noticable. It might as well be Halo, with colour coded clothing. Shoot at the red ones, mate. They're not on your 'team'. It's safer for everyone to assume that the other surivor is a bandit and will betray them, because, 98% of the time, they're right.

I forgot to mention that considering how easy duping is right now, there's alot of people who ruin the game for themselves and most likely end up hunting new characters at the coast in a lack of anything better to do since gearing is no longer an issue.

In any regard, you are judging a book by its covers. We are just alpha testers and all of the things you have brought up are things that have been announced to be under developement and coming out once the test hits that phase. I also recommend reading through what rocket's posts.

It's a good thing that threads like this exist. I just wish they had a different tone to them so the discussion would be more constructive.

Edited by Armas
  • Like 1

This game is failing because bandits.

That's it. It's that simple

Stopped reading here.

No. It's NOT failing. Period.

Failing would mean it's going down in sales (Arma)

Failing would mean people have stopped logging on, rather than more.

Failing would mean no one is having fun, and they are. Period, because you do not speak for me or anyone else.

The only thing that fails is your post, and those like it who think your soul opinion is fact.

Don't like it? Leave.

Stopped reading here.

No. It's NOT failing. Period.

Failing would mean it's going down in sales (Arma)

Failing would mean people have stopped logging on, rather than more.

Failing would mean no one is having fun, and they are. Period, because you do not speak for me or anyone else.

The only thing that fails is your post, and those like it who think your soul opinion is fact.

Don't like it? Leave.

This mod was meat to be a zombie survival game.

It is?

No.

It's a fail?

No.

It's going to fail?

Yes, if things remain the same, but it's an alpha, gameplay will be tweaked (i hope).

• Like 1

This mod was meat to be a zombie survival game.

It is?

No.

It's a fail?

No.

It's going to fail?

Yes, if things remain the same, but it's an alpha, gameplay will be tweaked (i hope).

shh, its about killing people...

• Like 2