Sign in to follow this  
theboat

Does the amount of players effect the loot?

My question is, if there is more players is there more/better loot chances?

no there isn't a better quality loot chance, if you're over 30 meters away zombies and loot will spawn. generic and trash loot is way more common than anything else, regardless of the amount of players.

Edited by Dumah

Sadly, no. I wish it were so

Exactly because more players = more risks.

I think it'd be a fantastic idea if the quality of the loot that spawns is proportional to the number of players on the server. It definitely rewards risk-takers and bandits alike.

More players, better loot QUALITY, No

More players, MORE loot, Yes.

When you visit a town, zombies spawn, thats when loot starts to spawn too. If noone have been in town no loot will have spawned.

If players frequently visit the towns and zombies are always present the loot chance for a house that inhibit a loot % spawn occurs all the time, and by time all the locations the loot can spawn on have spawned, so when you go in lots of loot will be found.

more players = more people that have already taken the loot, so less loot, actually.

Not quite, they take loot, new loot spawns.

Same goes for helicopter crash sites, I don't know if many people know this but if you go to one and take the loot and drop it elswhere new loot will spawn.

Edited by n4zRuDiN

More players, better loot QUALITY, No

More players, MORE loot, Yes.

When you visit a town, zombies spawn, thats when loot starts to spawn too. If noone have been in town no loot will have spawned.

If players frequently visit the towns and zombies are always present the loot chance for a house that inhibit a loot % spawn occurs all the time, and by time all the locations the loot can spawn on have spawned, so when you go in lots of loot will be found.

The two are the same. By spawning more loot, you're giving higher-quality items a higher chance to spawn.

The two are the same. By spawning more loot, you're giving higher-quality items a higher chance to spawn.

No, higher-quality items won't get a higher chance to spawn, it just gives them a more chance to spawn, not higher chance, the chance to spawn always remains the same, there's a sheet for that somewhere here on the forums, I've lost the link to it.

% rate won't increase.

Edited by n4zRuDiN

the rate of spawn won't increase but the the rate of rate will as you said "more chance to spawn"; you'll need to multiply them to get the final rate and it will be higher

no there isn't a better quality loot chance, if you're over 30 meters away zombies and loot will spawn. generic and trash loot is way more common than anything else, regardless of the amount of players.

Although more zombies = more chance for more loot (on zombies)

Your arguement is only semi-valid, as you mentioned the amount of loot spawn, but yes, there's not any better chance of finding higher tier loot (Like finding a legit SVD Camo or NV Goggles in Elektro that isn't dropped by a player)

the rate of spawn won't increase but the the rate of rate will as you said "more chance to spawn"; you'll need to multiply them to get the final rate and it will be higher

no it wont;.

ghillie suits for example have a 0.25% chance to spawn in residential. EVERY time the loot pile is generated it has a 0.25% chance. it doesn't go up to 0.5% the next time the pile spawns. it doesn't work that way.

it doesn't have more chance the more loot piles are generated. it stays at 0.25% and doesn't stack.

people really need to understand how loot generation works,

no it wont;.

ghillie suits for example have a 0.25% chance to spawn in residential. EVERY time the loot pile is generated it has a 0.25% chance. it doesn't go up to 0.5% the next time the pile spawns. it doesn't work that way.

it doesn't have more chance the more loot piles are generated. it stays at 0.25% and doesn't stack.

Thank you, at least you are on the right page!

no it wont;.

That is what he has been saying -_- You said the rate that loot spawns in general increases with more players. So you have a 1 in 400 chance of ghetting a ghillie in 1 loot spawn. You said loot spawns will spawn faster with more players. Therefore it would increase the rate at which you would be able to find a ghillie as with 10 loot spawns, the chance of finding one is now 1 in 40 if you check all them.

Same goes for helicopter crash sites, I don't know if many people know this but if you go to one and take the loot and drop it elswhere new loot will spawn.

Anyone able to confirm this? I thought crash sites were only lootable once, until the server crashes/restarts and new crash sites are generated.

I walked past a helicopter yesterday, logged in again 1 day after and walked past the same helicopter again. No loot though, since i already took it yesterday.

Anyone able to confirm this? I thought crash sites were only lootable once, until the server crashes/restarts and new crash sites are generated.

I walked past a helicopter yesterday, logged in again 1 day after and walked past the same helicopter again. No loot though, since i already took it yesterday.

Loot at helicopter crashes only spawn after a server restart, I'm pretty sure