TibzFox (DayZ)

DayZ New Helicopter Spawn Points. Write yours here!

You just need to find the sweet spot

find one, we repair it, flying off coast of berizino, pilots game crashes, we cant switch into pilots seat to save it from crashing. I PUT TWO DAMN GHILLIE SUITS IN THAT THING AHHH THE PAIN

I had my graphics crash and basically mess up my ability to see ingame. I thankfully was able to turn on auto hover and have my friend guide me back to the ground. I've always been curious to know how choppers will handle random disconnects of the pilot as well as servers resetting while you are in the air.

I had my graphics crash and basically mess up my ability to see ingame. I thankfully was able to turn on auto hover and have my friend guide me back to the ground. I've always been curious to know how choppers will handle random disconnects of the pilot as well as servers resetting while you are in the air.

I guess now you know. Beats learning for yourself.

You just need to find the sweet spot

So what is the sweetspot to repair then? I tried for like 30minutes now, i even broke a bone and passed out for 5minutes when trying to find it... holy fuck, harder than to find the wifes g-spot!

• Like 2

Choppers seem to have an associated BattlEye script restriction in regards to them, I had our chopper eject two people from the server for BattlEye Script Restriction #55 in one trip. And on a second trip, it did it to me and i was the pilot, which resulted in much lulz and various butthurt all around.

Trying to investigate if we can have this #55 simply log occurrences rather than instantly kick, to get around the problem.

But overall, if you get it and you're the pilot, your chopper will go down, everyone in it will sustain massive injuries and possibly death if they can't regain consciousness before they bleed our or a medic gets to them....and, even more fun, the chopper simply disappears and leaves no trace behind, simply to reappear where you found it, completely unrepaired again.

Hilarious stories so far, yeah whoever put one jerry can and crashed on the mainland thats hilarious, there is a fuel tank in Komyshovo that should have been your first stop

Should be interesting when the dev's add the 2nd heli. They seem to put it in a wierd place. Should be fun looking for the next.

Anyone else have screenshots of other locations? A hacker hit our server and blew ours up (didn't know how to take it off auto-hover and crashed into trees lol).

We've been searching around and haven't seen it at any of the places posted here. Going to be looking some more.

Our squad found one at Skalisty and repaired it fully, only to have the server nuked by hackers about 0.1 miliseconds after the last part was attached. Everybody died and I had to reboot the server to stop the nuking, all vehicles except for the Huey is where they should be even though they did explode. Anyone got any information on if the Huey respawns if the dissapearance was caused by the server reboot?

not seen any screenshots of any other spawn then the island yet.. im calling BS.

Island is a decent spawn point, since you have to be organised to get all the parts over to the island. this stops random players on their own finding choppers and leaves them to the organised groups who have numbers and plans in place etc. would be ridiculous for a random lone survivor to get a helo and crash it in 2 mins, just to have to wait days for it to respawn..

not seen any screenshots of any other spawn then the island yet.. im calling BS.

Island is a decent spawn point, since you have to be organised to get all the parts over to the island. this stops random players on their own finding choppers and leaves them to the organised groups who have numbers and plans in place etc. would be ridiculous for a random lone survivor to get a helo and crash it in 2 mins, just to have to wait days for it to respawn..

:| That's what I did. Was worth it though. I will be better prepared next time. Speaking of which, is there a different respawn timeframe for helos? Or is it approximately a week?

Well, I had my chopper up until I was kicked by Battleye (Error #55)...

While I was in the pilot's seat.

could be this

#36 icopter" || _v iskindof "plane")
then
{
_v setVehicleInit "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction";

#55 his] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction";
processInitCommands;
};
if (_v iskindof "tank")
then
{
_int

i got kicked also with #55 as i was in the huey, but i got killed in there and after my death i got kicked :) forgot to mention, the huey disappeared after that :S

Edited by Isoterik

Any notice on how long it takes for the heli to respawn? Ours blew up due to a hacker and after multiple restarts, it hasn't been spotted anywhere. Whats even weirder is that the spot where it blew up, all the trees are still knocked over like it just crashed there. The trees usually reset on server restart as well.

Helicopters respawn after 7 days. Skalisky is the ONLY spawn point, as they have added only one helicopter the all server so far. Wait untill they add another.

confirmed, skalisty island. just repaired ours after a fair amount of grueling time!

had multiple people login server hopping around.. they all died :)

only issue is.. it still leaks fuel. slowly. but still leaks. we filled it with easily 70+ cans.. (had around 10%, flew to Solnicchy refuel point) then took it away to a sekrrat location. and refueled it. 30 mins later.. it had leaked 1/3 of a tank. any idea on a fix?

You have to fix everything (Including the windscreens)... we haven't fully confirmed this because our disappeared on server reset and respawned fresh and broken. We were only 2 windscreens away too :]

Edited by jesquik

You have to fix everything (Including the windscreens)... we haven't fully confirmed this because our disappeared on server reset and respawned fresh and broken. We were only 2 windscreens away too :]

I can partially confirm, my squad repaired our helicopter fully (all windows included) and we have not experienced any fuel leaking as it is very fuel efficient for the area it can cover.

EDIT: It spawned at Skalistky which was stated before that it is believed to be the only spawn.

Edited by Rollie Pollie

I just found a heli in devils castle.

Unfortunately it was on top of a tower and I don't think there is any way to get there.

:U