3rdparty

Control Rural Industry

Theres some really good threads (although few and far between) on fort/base building and focuses towards permafixtures.

The Camp Building Ultra Thread (a recent compilation of base building threads :)

But I think there should also be a focus on fortifying/controlling industries.

Control Old Industry

In this thread I compiled a list of large to small, mostly mechanical buildings that could be used by organised groups. Which are in effect, player designed safe zones.

These offer extended long group activities with a pay off, but also offer arms of strength for groups which would either be fought for or bargained with.

Reasons for extending:

However that thread doesnt fully encompass the different styles of gameplay, as almost certainly lone survivors/wolves and small bandit groups would not be able to complete or maintain these objectives. Discussed in this thread: Base Building Overhauling standard Group Dynamics ( A Scenario)

As larger more organised groups will more likely have reign over the larger settlements, smaller banditry groups and lone wolves (who wish to engage in this sort of sandbox activity) will rely more on remote installations and the countryside.

Solo and Bandit Activities

Timber Mills/Wood Works could be remotely placed in forests, and could be occupied for the quick gain of wood piles but are essential for wood planks, which should be a consideration for the creation of underground bases.

Wood Piles are accumulated to easily, not to mention in forests with no branches; Wood Chopping (fix idea) is a thread suggesting the cutting down of trees.

These buildings could also be the source of tool grinders/sharpeners allowing maintenance of tools/specific items or weapons.

Farming/Foraging/Botany

First things first to those recoiling in horror (FARMA 2) EDIT (and the people who seemingly only have minecraft in their vocabulary)

This could have huge sandbox potential.

Although farm fields are too big to realistically use in game, vegetables should be forageable from them, and also from the countryside but also from Allotments.

You should also have the ability to farm though, so id suggest two new permafixtures , Cultivation Plot and Greenhouse ( http://www.garden4le...-greenhouse.jpg) for use in cultivation and botany(creating herbal medicines see below), accumulating tools and items such as seeds, tools and special items from farms, allotments and wilderness.

Id like to see what kind of items peeps can think of rather than listing them but as an example fertilizer (credit Hatchet_Man) which would also be useful for creating a homemade bomb XD

Botany is another reason for cultivation, this gives an opportunity for remote survivors and bandits to still heal themselves whilst possibly opening up trade incentives/interests if certain compound could be refined at hospital labs. Herbal Botany [Natural Food & Medicine]

Animal keeping and husbandry?

Ill leave this open to discussion, not sure myself.

I cannot see any kind of “forts” being made by small groups/loners in the Hunting Grounds at all. I see these areas as truly the domain of lone survivors, harder to spot and familiar with the terrain. Well camouflaged Foxholes/Dugouts/Bunkers (I mean to be different from 'underground bases') should be the fortifications of choice for their claims to territory and “area of interest”. And if more predators are added, if animals locations are more specified and concentrated, Effective control over hunting grounds could be devastating even to large groups building forts.

This effective dominion could also cover Ponds/Lakes where fishing could be implemented; Fishing: Tackle, Traps and Rods! *Update*

I know a lot has been left out, but if I keep writing, no one will read it, and id like to see what issues are raised by posters :)

Credit also given to L0GIN, CarloNord

Influential generally applying threads

Immersive Roleplay

Growing Food/Harvesting?

Living off the Land, Disease and other things

Edited by 3rdParty
  • Like 8

A little bit haha. I think most people have just givin up on the building idea. The point I always bring up is that people would just barricade walls to buildings even more then they already do.

However. I really LOVE your ideas. I never even thought of a small foxhole base.

Edited by RapturJesus

A little bit haha. I think most people have just givin up on the building idea. The point I always bring up is that people would just barricade walls to buildings even more then they already do.

XD, im sure they would, the idea though is that there are facilities inside those walled areas which are useful, encouraging peeps to wall in repair and use them, and others to try and break in XD

And i dont see why peeps would do, seeing as it hasnt even got off the ground with permafixtures, eagerly awaiting these underground bases XD

Edited by 3rdParty