Puffler

Fishing - Tackle, Traps and Rods! *Update*

FISHING! (More to add)

Before reading: For me to continue this post, I need to have feedback and some judgement. I do not believe this is the final idea that I just wrote down. So, even if it's 1 word, leave a comment. <3

Introduction

As the title says, Fishing is a vital part to surviving in the wild. I don't see this as a problem because there are Loch's/Lake's in the area. Of course you will catch fish for eating, but as in real like, you need to be patient and hope for luck. You may not catch anything. If you are in a high PvP area and can't stay long, maybe making a trap to catch fish over a certain amount of time will be your thing. I will go into more depth down below. If you think this post needs improvements to it, Leave your comments down below.

The Fishing Rod

I'm sure most of you have heard what a Fishing Rod is. So they are quite good contraptions for surviving.

There are a couple of different types of Fishing Rods though:- Fly Fishing Rod - Sea Fishing Rod - A Normal Rod (Telescopic too!) Probably a few more I'm not sure about.

If they were added they wouldn't be that rare. Maybe as rare as tents, Found in Cafe's, Office Building's (Schools) or The Store.

To start fishing you will have to attach is to your toolbar. Then have it in your hand, and it will be as simple as clicking to cast out your line. If you have a fish on your hook, your rod will strain and line will began to pull out.

But wait, you need other things such as line and tackle. These items won't be as rare as the rod itself and will be found in most places except for the Hospital and some industrial buildings. Maybe a new buidling added at the harbour and docks of the towns at the coast to get these items too.

Fishing Nets/Traps (Edited)

These inventions will vary from 1-3 types of traps. The 1st being the easiest to make but not as reliable as the 2nd or 3rd. The 2nd is the Normal trap, not as good as the 3rd but not as bad as 1st. And of course, the 3rd will be the best, but hardest to make. So there are some good things about the 3rd and first one.

You can rarely find ready made traps. But are possible to find, in General Good stores, Office Buidlings and Industrial buildings.

The 1st trap is made out of a bottle. (I know, sounds stupid. But it really works in real life) You will also need some string and some bait. (Bread or Worms.) Bottles & String Fish line will be as common as Empty tin cans. Once you have all the items, you can just Right Click any of the 3 items and a command will pop up adressing you if you want to construct the trap.

I'm not to sure on how the other 2 traps are going to be made. I will have to do a bit more research.

Establishing The Trap

Go near the Loch/Lake and make sure you are happy where you place before you actually place it.

Go into your inventory and Right Click the trap, it will bring up a command implying "Place Trap". Click it to place your trap and come back later to see if you've caught anything. Remember where you placed it.

You can only place 1 trap per server. If you place a trap on another server, the original one will be destroyed. If you want to place another trap on the same server, either collect it or create a new one and place it, the other trap will automatically be removed.

Question: Should the trap be made out of Tin cans and Whiskey Bottles so they have a use?

Leave Feedback below.

Tackle / Gear (New)

This will be mainly items like your Hooks, Line, Lures and bait. I really want this to be as real as possible so, these can all be lost or used up, they basically have a durability that can either be used up or become lost due to fish taken them.

Hooks & line can be easy to get, but can be wasted quite easily. Hooks will become either Snagged on a rock and therefore unable to reel back in your line. If a fish is too strong or in some random cases the line snaps, both will be lost. There will be different types of Hooks and lures, ranging from small to colourful.

If you think this is a good idea, please make it heard. Post it other places or even help by posting other things to help it be heard.

Thanks in Advance. Puff~

Edited by Puffler
  • Like 30

Nice idea.

How about finding packets of seeds in order to cultivate veg to go with you tasty fish or steak?

...Haven't really thought through the timescale involved with that so maybe as an alternative, the ability to scavange seeds,nuts,berries or seeweed.

Nice idea.

How about finding packets of seeds in order to cultivate veg to go with you tasty fish or steak?

...Haven't really thought through the timescale involved with that so maybe as an alternative, the ability to scavange seeds,nuts,berries or seeweed.

Yes. I have a lot more ideas on this post. Just don't know how to explain them. Like if fish logic and Fishing logic was taken into place. As you said time of day, that's a vaild point. Also the climate, and if the pool is empty. Thank you for submitting your idea. I will add that soon to the post. :)

I think fishing's been mentioned here before, but i'll support it so Rocket gets the idea and fucking adds it already

Yup i ive seen it mentioned before, but dont think ive across one with this much thought.

+1

I think fishing's been mentioned here before, but i'll support it so Rocket gets the idea and fucking adds it already

It probably had been before but I wanted it to be in more detail. I still have a lot to add into this post. Please give suggestions.

Thanks guys! <3

I like the idea of the fishing rod, but persnally I think there should only be one type of trap instead of over complicating it with different types.

Other wise its a great idea!

use the search.

For what? I looked up in the search. There was suggestions for this but not in great detail..

Get out and stop using this over used comment.

I like the idea of the fishing rod, but persnally I think there should only be one type of trap instead of over complicating it with different types.

Other wise its a great idea!

Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to make different traps so it doesn't get boring. So other people can experiment with different traps. :)

I posted this a long time ago.

I said a little different.

So getting wood, either chopping a tree or hachet. Then killing a zombie and using cloth from their clothes for the line or ingame wire.

That makes the fishing rod. Then using it to fish for fish ofcourse.

Simple idea I typed. Nothing complicated.

Good idea and easier. You would still need a knife to gut the fish.

use the search.

if its way past the first few pages and its a suggestion its probably a dead thread/ not worth reviving is the first post has little thought put into it... this thread is alot better in terms of vision and application and therfore worth a new post might get some steam behind it that way.

in short: stfu

• Like 1

I posted this a long time ago.

I said a little different.

So getting wood, either chopping a tree or hachet. Then killing a zombie and using cloth from their clothes for the line or ingame wire.

That makes the fishing rod. Then using it to fish for fish ofcourse.

Simple idea I typed. Nothing complicated.

Good idea and easier. You would still need a knife to gut the fish.

You're making it sound like I stole your idea. I saw a few topics with fishing on them but with little content.

Hence why I created this post. I still have to finish this post when I get time. Thanks anyway.

if its way past the first few pages and its a suggestion its probably a dead thread/ not worth reviving is the first post has little thought put into it... this thread is alot better in terms of vision and application and therfore worth a new post might get some steam behind it that way.

in short: stfu

This +1 <3

pee ess.... i dont think kyle came across the way you think he did, to me it reads like he was saying "yea i suggested fishing too but didn't put as much effort into the idea as this great idea!" lol

Haha. I guess so. Sorry kyle ;)

Thats the awesome thing i always wanted to have in DayZ! Rocket, add this in game!

Haha, thanks <3

I approve but I think it'd be far too hard to program into a game like Arma. I don't know much more then basic programming, but this seems like a hard task.

I approve but I think it'd be far too hard to program into a game like Arma. I don't know much more then basic programming, but this seems like a hard task.

Might be. Not too hard though. Thanks for feedback. :D

I'm researching at the moment of anything I need to add.

Updating post soon as well.

:)

Still need some feedback.

I think this is a good idea because it adds a challenge to the game. Do you think there should be mabye tough fish's that require a stronger line or fishing rod?

I think this is a good idea because it adds a challenge to the game. Do you think there should be mabye tough fish's that require a stronger line or fishing rod?

All depends if the idea will be taken. I guess that is a good idea. Don't want to make it too big.

Just another survival instict. Fishing..

Thanks for the feedback.