Sign in to follow this  
Dazed

We Need More Zombies

They're not hard enough, they're far too easy. At this difficulty, their needs to be about 3 times as many zombies. People have way to much ammo and never any need to use it or find more. We need zombie hordes. This game is only difficult b/c of the pvp. Take out the pvp and you'd have a carebear zombie survival game.

Yesterday a couple buddies and I found 2 helicopter crashes about 50 meters from each other and right next to a town. We couldn't get within 60 meters crouched without aggroing 40+ zombies and we couldn't crawl all the way in without aggroing them either. With the quick responds, we ended up wading through 2-3 hundred zombies to get the loot from the crashes, that was fun. For the first time in ages, we actually had a person die to zombies. By the end of our run, we were using hatchets, we went through all the ammo we had on us.

Also running into buildings makes dealing with zombies far too easy. So easy to run into a house or barn and deal with the 10 zombies chasing you. People rarely have a reason to use burst. Handguns are too powerful against zeds as well. I should not be able to 1 shot any zombie with a handgun unless it's a headshot.

WE NEED MORE ZOMBIES

Edited by Dazed
  • Like 2

I support this. However I think we should wait until this gets ported to Arma 3 or until they can be coded better. I don't particularly want more buggy zombies. I am willing to put up with them for now, but soloing would be so much more difficult with 8-9 zigzagging fuckers at a time. I'm up for the challenge, I just don't like my fate being dependent on weather or not they are going to bug out on me.

Yup zombies are way too easy, last night I just killed a few an a heli crash got aggro off all so I ran in my truck and run them all over. Never even need to kill zombies in town, I tend to just kill for fun now. Same outdoors, no actual need to kill them, can just run forever and find a building or a steep hill.

Zombies are a joke, I pay little attention to them anymore.

Edited by Frenzy

more zombies -> less fps, isn't it?

one of the group could shoot once to agro all zeds and then running around while others loot and cover backs.

But all in all I agree, zombies are decoration and there is no real danger in it. The game now is more shooter on big map, for someone it's PvE with PvP elements, but in general there is no apocalyptic atmosphere.

We simply cant do this with such a diverse game, anything more than 600 zombies will pretty much destory the frame rate all over

Zombies aren't really supposed to be hard. I'm okay with more Zeds if every finger nail scrap doesn't cause a bleed effect. Like it does now.

I agree we should be forced to use our guns more often. Which would cause more tense PvP atmosphere with people being forced to go loud.

Also making SD weapons more valuable for PvP players. Which should be fixed so that they're not as audible to players. I hear my buddies M9SD from 100 meters. It's ridiculous.

Run speed in houses, but with better run animations. Which they're working on.

Letting them run indoors would boost difficulty enormously, but just a little lag for the player would give the impression of zombies blinking through walls and teleporting down hallways, which would hurt immersion and cause a lot of crying here.

One way I can think of to make them far scarier would be to give them more health. Make headshots mandatory for killing them, so I can't just lay into a horde with my 1911 and drop seven per magazine. Have a leg hit with an 1866 make it a crawler, so you still have to hit it in the skull to finish the job. Spraying zombies with an MP5 should do virtually nothing to them. Make me reload my Makarov just to take one of them out.

Another big boost to zombie deadliness might be to let them attack on the run, so you can't just kite them for miles through the woods. Let their run speed be a tiny bit slower than the double-w sprint, but a tiny bit faster than a regular run, so you can dash out of their range and then it'll take maybe fifteen seconds for them to catch back up when your wind runs out. You'd be forced to hop fences, crawl under walls or run through buildings to stay out of their reach, and in some case you'd just have to stand and fight them.

Zombies aren't really supposed to be hard. I'm okay with more Zeds if every finger nail scrap doesn't cause a bleed effect. Like it does now.

I agree we should be forced to use our guns more often. Which would cause more tense PvP atmosphere with people being forced to go loud.

Also making SD weapons more valuable for PvP players. Which should be fixed so that they're not as audible to players. I hear my buddies M9SD from 100 meters. It's ridiculous.

Run speed in houses, but with better run animations. Which they're working on.

This is a survival game, yes the zombies(infected,) should be hard, certainly much harder than they are now. As is, the only challenge is against the players. If the infected were more difficult, people would be more likely to work with others, as it is you get a couple of friends and you just kill everything that moves. Also since the only challenge is in the pvp, people ignore the infected b/c they only give away your position. If the infected get more dangerous, people get more dangerous, but also more important to your own survival. We either need a lot more infected, or for them to get much more powerful. I know their is only so much that can be done with the Arma 2 engine, but this certainly is something that needs to be fixed for the standalone.

How is it that you think the Zeds are too easy have you played on this latest patch?....super hearing, zig zag super runners, Mike Tyson Zed.

There is NO possible way to be consistant with headshots after they are aggro'd so you are wasting alot of ammo to drop them.

I would use a hatchet, but you can't carry a hatcht+primary without either dropping it or have 8 slots open in your BP.

You can't sneak anywhere anymore, so whats the purpose of prone crawling or crouch walking if the zeds are SO super sensitve at being aggro'd.

Also I have shot a single Zed only to have 3 more appear out of thin are between me and the Zed I just killed, and they are already aggro'd ...yes 3 more...WTH?

I've heard 100's spawning at AF's they just keep coming. With latest patch 9/10 times If I aggro a zed he's 100m+ out and there is a Non-aggro between it and Me...WTH?

I'm all for making them a bit more harder....but this is stupid...either buff the weapon damage or fix the zed scripting.