lugaru

Molotov Cocktails

I just did a search for the word "Molotov" and I was shocked not to get any hits. Every time I see an empty whiskey bottle and a petrol station all I can think is "he put those in the game to add molotov cocktails later".

I hope rocket has at least given these some thought, I'll tell you they are a highlight in Project Zomboid, another indy alpha zombie survival game I love. Why? They are the ultimate risk/reward weapon. Yes, they can kill a LOT of zeds, they can also destroy property, trap you with a flaming wall and burn you to death if you are not careful (which has happened to me in Project Zomboid).

So what would it do? Lands and makes a 9 square grid of fire, with the center being the landing spot. This is a high damage area that can set players/zeds on fire (probably not in core arma. It will spread a little, randomly, and eventually go out.

Because can you think of anything prettier than 5 or 6 burning zombies running in the night? It is the stuff of haiku.

• Like 1

Molotov's are in L4D.

They normally burn you or your team-mates.

The zombies move very fast so I question their effectiveness.

I like your idea.

Edited by Gogster

If that goes through every single forest on all servers will be burnt

Fire would be an awesome addition to the game... am thinking campfires unattended going out of control and burning whole forrests down. A zed on fire in the night would be fairly epic also.

In short.... yes to fire. :)

• Like 1

I like the idea, but yeah, it's been suggested many times before.

I'm kind of glad to hear it had been suggested before, I found it more weird than anything that I did not see it on a quick search for Molotov.

omg don't even suggest burning down forests because I might do it... in Minecraft fire was my favorite landscaping tool.

Yes, I play pretty much all "In constant development" games and yes I can be a pyro in those games. :P