machomanugget

GameSpy Dayz News - Standalone before xmas fail?

Hey guys was reading the gamespy site for the first time in about 10 years..

came accross this and news from Mr 2Guns "apparently" sounds alot different to what we have been hearing before, also what about arma3? wierd stuff none the less...

Headline of the item is

Arma 2 Mod DayZ on "Borrowed Time" Could Become Paid Standalone Game By Christmas

read more here including

designer Dean Hall, who says he won't be able to dedicate the time and effort needed to accommodate DayZ's nearly 1-million strong and growing community for much longer

Hall said that, with financial backing, he could add the required elements and make the DayZ transition in a few months and "certainly before Christmas

http://uk.pc.gamespy.../1225522p1.html

Thoughts? fears ? worrys? arma3?

Cheers,.

Edited by machoman

A large part of me is ecstatic about Day Z being a standalone game.

A small, financially aware part of me is bummed because i'm gonna have to buy another game.

• Like 1

seems as if things may get rushed now....seems maybe rocket saw the attention WarZ is getting by DayZ community and doesnt want his community to go elsewhere....hes got all of our attention and wants to keep it.

I understand, but maybe this was his plan all along? I just thought we would be waiting for this mod to become standalone far into next year

The sooner the better. I would gladly pay to play this game that i spend so much time on with no connections to battleye or arma.

Not like there going to have trouble finding a big game developer to pick them up. Where did halo come from? Someone else's idea that microsoft jump on because they saw the potential. Would it be surprising to happen again?

• Like 1

yeah but arma3 wont be out my christmas? whats the point of a standalone now i dont get it?

i thought the idea was to get it into that.. maybe a dlc..

Im sure u can make plenty of money untill christmas. att least for standalone. Not like you live on the streets or something.

will be totaly worth to spend money on it

Edited by evkol001

last i heard dayz ported to arma 3 was being suggested, coming out before amra 3.

if it is standalone you dont need arma 3 finishing, just the engine.

yeah but arma3 wont be out my christmas? whats the point of a standalone now i dont get it?

i thought the idea was to get it into that.. maybe a dlc..

I hope to god he stays as far away from that engine as possible.

Edited by Authentic92

I will never give more money to BI or Rocket for this game.

If Rocket goes standalone... he'll be "standing alone".... amirite? heh :/

Look, as far back as I've been tracking this game and rocket's comments about it, he's said he wants to go down the standalone route, following the minecraft model.

This really isn't new. It's just that now he 's hinting at a timescale. I'm a bit surprised it's so soon, but I've been suspecting that this would happen as it really doesn't make sense to keep giving DayZ away for free when so many people want to play it.

Another version of the interview actually quotes Rocket as saying he hopes to have it (the stabdalone) "...out by September....certainly by christmas." Hows that even possible? Even if he Stopped "supporting" the Mod TODAY, it doesn't seem like enough time to put out a stable product with "loads" more content????? Anyone else?

Edited by playZ

Tell me more about how bad this unreleased game nobody has played yet is.

Defending DayZ is one thing. Being a moron is another.

My thoughts exactly. I just don't understand some people in this world. It's like logic and common sense doesn't even phase them.

Well, we have nothing to fear because we have a Team Rocket who is willing to look over any mistake that could occur and defend it as the right decision. Honestly, he can do just about whatever the fuck he wants! ;)

• Like 1

I will never give more money to BI or Rocket for this game.

Dude, that is the wrong choice on a lot of levels. First off, you're playing an Alpha - it's not really a game, more a project that's moving towards a finished game. One you'll have to pay for, like every other game.

Secondly, you didn't give any money for DayZ - you bought Arma II, DayZ is free. Just trying to get that out there before people start whining about 'paying for stuff twice'.

And third - and most important by some way - Gamers have to support DayZ with hard cash to show we will pay for an experience that isn't a cloned fps-on-rails or MMO where the only freedom is to skip a cutscene or not, and the only penalty for death is a loading sceen.

Sending that message - and god do some software houses need to hear it - will cost you $15 tops, probably. C'mon, man - take one for the good guys.

• Like 2

The article actually quotes Rocket as saying he hopes to have it (the stabdalone) "...out by September....certainly by christmas." Hows that even possible? Even if he Stopped "supporting" the Mod TODAY, it doesn't seem like enough time to put out a stable product with "loads" more content????? Anyone else?

I keep hearing about this "team" he's working with now. Also, ARMA3 engine.

Tell me more about how bad this unreleased game nobody has played yet is.

Defending DayZ is one thing. Being a moron is another.

It has quests and special zombies....the...fucking...end....

He's far from a moron...he's probably just a guy that doesn't like to play WoW + Resident Evil, and doesn't care for people to promote a potential (yet shitty) competitor on this forum...

He's far from a moron...he's probably just a guy that doesn't like to play WoW + Resident Evil, and doesn't care for people to promote a potential (yet shitty) competitor on this forum...

How is that "..the...fucking...end.... "? So you thought Fallout 3 was a shitty game?...because IT had quests and not ALL of it "hostiles" were of equal strengths or abilities. Edited by playZ

How is that "..the...fucking...end.... "? So you thought Fallout 3 was a shitty game?...because IT had quests and not ALL of it "hostiles" were of equal strengths or abilities.

Imagine trying to leave Nuketown with actual player bandits.

Imagine trying to get to any of the quest locations with player snipers waiting for you.

Still think quests are a good idea?

Left 4 Dead has special zombies, it's a good game. A lot of games have quests and they're still good.

So apart from the fact that WarZ won't compute with the idea you have of a good zombie survival game, tell me what makes of it a bad game when it's not even out yet?

I'd be surprised if you could come up with a legit reason. Come on, blow my mind.

No potential here but for a bunch of players being fooled into a pay to win game designed to milk money from the community surrounding dayz. Warz is vaporware anyway. People who think WarZ is going to be good have read two interviews and saw a handful of staged pictures disguised as screenshots.