Sign in to follow this  
gzussturbo

The rifleman ghost

So, i found a map and beside my player marker there was another marker, named Rifleman, about 100m away that was moving. I found this strange so I followed the dot and it lead me to a bush with noone around. My crosshair would occasionally display "Rifleman" and his distance, but there was noone around me at all. Anyone else get this?

Hey I also came across this last night, i was up inside rog castle (ontop of) and herd a zombie be disturbed, when i looked down over the edge notice there where 2 zombies near the corner of the next square shorter tower, i made my way down thinking it may be another player,as i made my way out a figure strafed out from around the corner with his gun pointed at me then strafed back slowly,i found it styrange as he did not seem to move like a normal player, still i turned and took cover and opened my map to work out which way i was to run when i noticed he showed up on my map as "rifleman" in a blue maker just where i saw him, i quickly ran to the position to see what it was but he was no where to be seen, but the map marker remained.

I would be intrested to see how many people come accross this?

It's Arma 2 spotting system. Even they're not there, they would still showing up their "last known" position.

I've re read this like 4 times and I cant tell if your trolling if not Tolietflusher has given the right response if you are playing on a server that allows those settings

• Like 1

It's pretty common at night. Sometimes a zombie can be seen as a "man"

Edited by Sutinen

once on a random server I noticed my skin had changed to that of a USMC rifleman and my friends told me that I showed up on their screen as that too

There are only two things this could be:

1) A bugged player (Invisibility Bug)

2) A Hacker

oh no, wait three...

3) BS

Oh yeah, now that I remember, this has happened to me. There was an objective set and I could see myself in first person, but not in third person. I disconnected after a while.