Sign in to follow this  
Nightmare_Pwner

Ways to Increase FPS? This is horrible.

I'm running a AMD FX-4100 @ 5Ghz, 16Gb 1666 RAM, Overclocked 6970 running off a 64GB SSD and still managing a crappy 25 FPS on default med-high settings.

How do you get more FPS out of this game?

Fair enough. It's understandable that there are indeed performance bugs however, if anyone has .ini settings that can increase this a little bit. I would be grateful.

First goto you arma2 folder inside your documents and open arma2oa.cfg file and change AToC to 1 or 0 and use FXAA instead of ingame AA. Also with the ingame setting set hdr to low and PP to low or med.

Also there really are no performance bugs in the game its mainly the AI since the game renders all the AI in the map so its a huge impact on your cpu since its calculating hundreds of AI throughout the entire map. But thankfully in arma 3 most of that will be fixed.

Also there really are no performance bugs in the game

Wrong. There are, as of the newest hotfix.

Also there really are no performance bugs in the game

Wrong. There are' date=' as of the newest hotfix.

[/quote']

ok well im talking about the game not the mod I havent really kept up with the release notes or anything

Yeah I know Rocket has it in works...but mine went from 45-55 all on Ultra high (Shadows on normal) to like avg.19fps right off the 8.2...I knew it was the patch. I just cut off the game early, got lots of sleep (finally) since I knew it would be dealt with in a prompt manner.