Luieburger

Temperature isn't the problem... it's starvation.

We have to assume the character is smart enough to survive with out making it overly complex.

Really, body temperature is important but the body is self regulated and if you are not starving and wearing decent clothing and not soaking wet you'll stay warm.

Really if its going to get this complex for simple things then where is the 'take a dump' action and the need to find toilet paper/rag/twig lol, cause sh1tting is a very important bodily function.... where does it end.

like Boomsling said....

e.g.

items required to eat beans

Beans

Can opener

Spoon

Find bean' date=' find can opener, open can use spoon.

[/quote']

I mean how stupidly complex does if have to be, are all the people of Chernarus this stupid they need so much help for the simplest of things?

The gist of all of these replies is correct. The need for a hatchet to get firewood is somewhat ridiculous' date=' and what's even more ridiculous is to have to go into town to find wood when there are forests all around.

The best two solutions here have also been mentioned repeatedly: allow one to "gather firewood" with the action menu, OR simply get rid of the need for wood altogether, since Chernarus is certainly a place where wood is commonly available.

[/quote']

I second this. The whole mechanic of needing to find wood in towns when you literally can't go anywhere in Chernarus without having forest in your view makes it just silly and unrealistic. I understand that it tries to add balancing to prevent infinite fire burning, but this is misplaced.

Just like the bandit skin, it's an attempt at balancing that falls on its face due to the lack of realism.

Really guys? Are you just dumping this awesome wood thing?

We all know how impossible it is to find wood in an area where 75% of people probably use it to heat their houses and are surrounded by forests. They will surely use gas since it's very hard to make gas pipes to reach every little house and there are very few gas tanks around.

---------

Come on! This bag breaking stuff is just getting annoying!

*Just make a "Find Wood" action if you have matches that takes some time. Please; Make you can run out of matches eventually.

*Or delete the "Matches" item and make just "One Match" item, so you can use it one time.

*Or make an item called "Matches" that has an image in which there are only three or four matches shown, and allow the player to use that just three or four times.

Plenty of other ways to get this stuff realistic without screwing all up.

---------------

///New "feature" in next patch///

*Breathing!* From now on there will be a new icon showing lungs in your HUD. It is breathing meter! You have to scroll down the mouse wheel and press the "Breath" action every 3-4 seconds. Otherwise you will faint and die in some seconds if none revives you.

Its not hard to find wood. Actually wood is rather common now. Its just like loot and only spawns where loot does.

Temp is a little extreme. Ran for miles in the rain to log out at 32*. Its deal-able but i feel bad for the lone wolves with Coyote packs.

Its not hard to find wood. Actually wood is rather common now. Its just like loot and only spawns where loot does.

Temp is a little extreme. Ran for miles in the rain to log out at 32*. Its deal-able but i feel bad for the lone wolves with Coyote packs.

Its not that wood is hard to find if you loot buildings.

Its the fact that its stupid to even require specific pieces of loot to start a fire.

Right now, i could start at least 15 different fires (as in fireplaces) from just the stuff in my livingroom.

And if i go outside, theres a whole forest i could use.

But in the game i would have to find a town, look for a barn and then go in that barn hoping that someone has compiled a nice little wood pile for me that i can use to start a fire, since nothing else in the world is flammable.

Also, matches are ridicculously hard to find.

If i go outside right now, and start "looting" houses (ie. burglary) i would find some sort of ignition apparatus (either matches or lighters of different sorts) in 90% of all houses.

And yet they are all gone in chernorus.

And for some reason, road flares and such just will not start a fire... no matter how dry your leaves are (oh sorry, i forgot that leaves are inflammable in chernorus)

Perhaps make starting fires incredibly common, but make multiple methods that require better fire starting tools that eventually end with matches. Start out with rubbing sticks, requiring a good 15-20 mins to start. Then move up to a bow drill or something similar(Perhaps requiring twine or paracord), finally ending with just striking a match and starting a fire.

Food and water drop way too fast now.

Temperature is a good idea but too painful in it's current form. Keep the drop rate of matches, remove the requirement for wood piles and dramatically slow the rate of temperature lowering at night and slow it just a little during the rain. The rate it recovers at a camp fire is good, being inside buildings needs a boost to recovery.

I think the reason for making wood an item might have been a technical one.

Before, you couldn't light a fire if any other object was near, including trees and buildings and you needed a flat surface.

That just wouldn't be acceptable once you needed heat to survive and by changing it so the fire became an item which can be dropped anywhere rather than an object that can't be placed on top of other objects, it became possible to light fire without having to run miles to find a field first. And in an open space you'd still be exposed to the rain so it just wouldn't work.

The current system isn't perfect but i can see why it had to be done. This is still only a mod and is limited by the Arma 2 engine so some things will never be be perfect.

The wood isnt in piles. It's just like normal loot so it's found in houses and building. Keep in mind you also need matches when you get the wood.

I'd love if we would have charcoal in game... it could be found in gastasions and supermarkets, sometimes in barns. Wood should be always where there are piles of logs and chopped wood by the farm houses.

Charcoal could burn twice as long as wood, as it would a bit rarer. Just my two cents on the topic!