aralvar

What happens when you die ingame?

Yeah, since a lot of people are having the connecting problem, I have had trouble seeing exactly what happens when you die. If you die and lose everything, I'm not going to bother with this mod, I'm not playing something where some random jackass can kill me and take my stuff, I don't see the point of playing for hours and then losing everything. So anyways, someone please let me know what happens when you die, so I know if I'm wasting my time trying to connect.

1. This is not a troubleshooting issue but a new player question. Will move when posted.

2. Yes. Permadeath, you die you lose your items and valuables and start fresh at one of many spawn locations. You die? Sucks, we all have to go through with it. If this isn't your type of tea you're free to not play the game.

Yeah' date=' since a lot of people are having the connecting problem, I have had trouble seeing exactly what happens when you die. If you die and lose everything, I'm not going to bother with this mod, I'm not playing something where some random jackass can kill me and take my stuff, I don't see the point of playing for hours and then losing everything. So anyways, someone please let me know what happens when you die, so I know if I'm wasting my time trying to connect.

[/quote']

You should give it a chance and try it out a bit more, but you're butting up against a core game mechanic that I doubt will ever change. If you can't budge on that, then yes, best to move on.

L

Sometimes you should never judge it by how it looks, try it for yourself a few times and see if you like the idea of starting over on a new adventure with either the same or a new goal in mind.

I think the attitude this player has presented has made it quite clear this style of game is not suited for him, try call of duty.

When you die you lose everything, unless you get lucky and respawn with all your stuff [happened to me the other day], but ya, you should move on to a more n00b friendly game, you'll probably have an aneurism if you try to play this mod with the big boys.

If a zed gets you, you could always hoof it back to where you died and recover your stuff, if nobody got to your body first. If someone kills you... it isn't hard to get back to where you were. Does it suck? Yes but it makes killing that SOB so much more fun.

Permadeth makes it so much more rewarding to loot good stuff. You don't take it for granted. It sucks when you die but...you'll get over it after the first 10 times or so. Eventually you'll learn where things are and when the best time is to scavenge on your Preferred server, and you'll be able to survive longer. You'll also know where to go and where not to go if you want to survive.

If only I could see less immature and idiotic answers like from Pills and Zeek. I don't see the point in playing an RPG to start over when some random guy kills you. I can play some random Gmod server and have the same experience in a smaller map. If you people are content with having all of your hours of gameplay being a waste of time, fine with me. I just don't get the point of having an RPG with no real reason to play for a long time. Please no dick comments on how I'm a noob because I don't want to waste time in a game, if you're content to play for hours and lose it all, just for a sense of challenge, be my guest, it isn't for me, and don't assume that experience is for everyone. Thanks to those who were mature and intelligent enough to post actual answers.

I just see an RPG experience as a persistent thing, not something that lasts a few hours before it just resets. I would understand a death penalty, such as losing everything except your guns and ammunition, but losing all of your items is just not something for me, I'm looking for a continuous experience that I can play for hours. Like Legacy said, I am free to not play, and I will do so.

Every game is a waste of time, sort of. How you judge success/progression seems different than a standard DayZ player. If you want to like this, not saying you have to, you will need to change your mindset.

This game might look like gear collector paradise but that's a tiny aspect of the game. You don't need to grind for countless of hours to reach the metagame and run with the big boys like in RPG's. If you die you loose your gear but you'll be all the wiser, you'll find gear in no time with your knowledge and you're back in the game from the first minute. Most characters are only a couple hours old... Dying does not set you back that much at all...

Also, if you get a team together it's more about tactics rather than gear, there's different goals you can set for yourself than to collect the best of the best gear. Exploring for instance... That's my profile.

This game is about being in there, surviving. Not about grinding, finding the best gear to cross of a checklist and calling it done. I've played games just to reach max lvl, finish 100% and that was end of the line for me. DayZ is all about the experience, over and over again, it's never the same...

I hope that put things a bit more into perspective but if you have the collector type of profile I can see that it seems pointless to you since you're never finished with it...

I would suggest trying out another game, this is not for you my friend.

If only I could see less immature and idiotic answers like from Pills and Zeek. I don't see the point in playing an RPG to start over when some random guy kills you. I can play some random Gmod server and have the same experience in a smaller map. If you people are content with having all of your hours of gameplay being a waste of time' date=' fine with me. I just don't get the point of having an RPG with no real reason to play for a long time. Please no dick comments on how I'm a noob because I don't want to waste time in a game, if you're content to play for hours and lose it all, just for a sense of challenge, be my guest, it isn't for me, and don't assume that experience is for everyone. Thanks to those who were mature and intelligent enough to post actual answers.

[hr']

I just see an RPG experience as a persistent thing, not something that lasts a few hours before it just resets. I would understand a death penalty, such as losing everything except your guns and ammunition, but losing all of your items is just not something for me, I'm looking for a continuous experience that I can play for hours. Like Legacy said, I am free to not play, and I will do so.

What do you do in games and why do you play them? You talk about wasting time but it sounds like you play them like a job, or to get a fish biscuit or something. This isn't world of warcraft, you don't get to kill 10 rats for fish biscuit. This is a survival simulation of zombie apocalypse. The goal is to see how long you can survive. You honestly should try this out because you sound WoW brainwashed. (I don't mean this as offensive but a lot of gamers nowadays have gotten sucked into the kill things for reward mentality and it is a damn shame.)

I'm starting to understand why rocket is so fond on tears. They are delicious.

There's no need to be derisive. Better to have someone realize their limits of enjoyment before hand rather than coming in under false pretenses.

God damn people, I can't even post what I don't like about the mod without people bitching about it. I just saw that the mod is an RPG, and I like an RPG that is persistent, not lasting until you die, okay? I'm not saying the mod is bad, Okay? It is just that I'm not exactly looking for a game of this type at the moment, I'll be playing it with a couple of friends, because they want to play it, so please, all you people saying I'm a noob or something, your posts are pointless and unhelpful.

Justin! People may seem to be overacting or aggressive over the internet but they don't probably mean that. But about the game:

I really think the permadeath is the feature that makes this game so good. This mod is not actually playing against zombies all the time but interact with other people. Permadeath pretty much means that you cant trust anyone. It is so exciting to get some new loot but it is exciting only because you are so much likely to get shot and when you have stuff you dont want to be dead. The more good loot you have more exciting the game will get!

Like I spawned in the coast though I didnt die previously. I saw a bandit which started shooting but I managed to shot him first. Then I looted him and got some serious shit! But then I was checking my stuff and some other guy came and shot me. I got unconcious but recovered so fast that I was able to shot that guy. But i didnt have enough time to bandage myself and died of bleeding in seconds. I was so mad about it all. But it just tells that you need to be SO careful with this game! :) And NOT A SINGLE game can have this kind of affect on you. But of course its not for everyone.

I think the biggest issue Justin... is that you think this game is an RPG. It's...not really an RPG. It has very few RPG elements. Now... it is a role playing game but not in the way most people think of it. There are no stats. There is no leveling up. There's no character development decisions that must be made (on a stat system). There is character development but it's mostly all in your head. You decide how you want to play rather than what stats you upgrade. It's very different from an RPG and as such I don't think it can really be called an RPG.

Also something to point out... I'd say the best part of the game is not *having* all the best loot but *looting* the best items. It's not being the top but getting to the top and all the process and gameplay on the way there.