ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

I remembered more stuff,

Loadable Bikes & ATVs -These can be loaded onto a pickup, into the Transit Van I suggested and trailer, but they would take up the gear space, to load them up you'd need two players to simultaneously 'lift' them onto the vehicle.

Tactical Suit - A full black outfit, including boots, trousers, belt and vest, long sleeved jacket of some kind, gloves and a balaclava. The Tactical Suit could be found like ghillies and camo clothing, but has a use, with the Tactical Suit you can 'combat drop' / 'fast-rope' from helicopters aswell as abseil from buildings, from rooftops and windows. An incredibly useful thing if you ever find yourself trapped. Combat Drops can only be performed when the heli is in auto hover.

• Like 3

More Vehicles - Dune Buggy, Tow Truck, Campervan, Train. The Train could be a diesel engine for hauling cargo but no extra carriages, the track in Chernaurus could be a complete circuit and extra buildings could be added like an engine shed, etc. The Train could spawn 1 per server at any various station, may need repairs such as engine, scrap metal, windscreen, fuel tank, maybe, open for discussion. The Train can be derailed if you take a corner too fast, or there is an explosion, a vehicle or other items such as tank traps are on the track, etc.

Torrential Rain - I know it has been mentioned before and I thought I'd add to it. If you are caught in a torrential downpour for a few minutes and unable to find shelter you succumb to illness, cold, hypothermia. With more enterable buildings I have noticed some have fire places, when it rains you are unable to make a fire and so you could use a fireplace with wood pile and matches to warm you up. However, other players outside of the building may see the smoke rising from the chimney, aswell as zombies, perhaps?

Wheelbarrow - Can be used to haul extra items around, quicker then carrying a holdall. Can also be used to move injured or unconscious players. Cannot be placed in vehicles or tents. Could be useful for med to large loot raids where a vehicle does not spawn zombies or loot unless this is fixed?

• Like 3

Since clothing is being expanded on and rocket mentioned the importance of boots recently I would suggest that the inventory system allows for a separate left and right hand/foot to give it a more scavenging feel of using whatever you find. Finding a pair of boots should be a very, very good thing.

• Like 1

More Vehicles - Dune Buggy, Tow Truck, Campervan, Train. The Train could be a diesel engine for hauling cargo but no extra carriages, the track in Chernaurus could be a complete circuit and extra buildings could be added like an engine shed, etc. The Train could spawn 1 per server at any various station, may need repairs such as engine, scrap metal, windscreen, fuel tank, maybe, open for discussion. The Train can be derailed if you take a corner too fast, or there is an explosion, a vehicle or other items such as tank traps are on the track, etc.

Torrential Rain - I know it has been mentioned before and I thought I'd add to it. If you are caught in a torrential downpour for a few minutes and unable to find shelter you succumb to illness, cold, hypothermia. With more enterable buildings I have noticed some have fire places, when it rains you are unable to make a fire and so you could use a fireplace with wood pile and matches to warm you up. However, other players outside of the building may see the smoke rising from the chimney, aswell as zombies, perhaps?

Wheelbarrow - Can be used to haul extra items around, quicker then carrying a holdall. Can also be used to move injured or unconscious players. Cannot be placed in vehicles or tents. Could be useful for med to large loot raids where a vehicle does not spawn zombies or loot unless this is fixed?

I like the train part but think that either open box cars or passenger cars should be added so that someone could use it as a actual train service on a server. Who wants to run from point A to point B if they can catch a ride on the express?

SInce it seems as if we're just pasting our opinion and hoping it sticks here, I'm for virtually all of the items listed by Helicopter Hunter. As a medical student I'm enamored with the health aspect. It provides so much more depth and cooperation/or/carefullness on the part of the players, making both a new way for bandits to betray/perform their dickery on survivors and subsequently giving survivors more chances to help one another out. For example, if someone enlisted a bandit for help removing bullets or amputating a leg, but they instead just severe an artery with a scapel instead causing them to bleed out (unsaveably) fast, killing them while saving a bullet. So there'd be even more incentive to get people you trust to operate on you. One thing I'm not a fan of though is the weapon degradation, unless it is done correctly. Typical guns today can easily go through a few thousand rounds without giving out with the better variants firing many more than that without being cleaned. If they would mildly hinder or enhance performance by cleaning them or maintaining them every couple hundred plus rounds (Low balling it, preferably many more lasting the life of the gun, not the user) I would be perfectly happy. Additionally, were that to take place it should affect each gun differently. The Colt 1911 and any AK should require much less cleaning than the more finicky weapons. To be honest as well, I didn't read all 30+ pages here to check and make sure I'm not being redundant so I'm sorry if that's the case. Batteries though. There is a distinct lack of batteries in the game from flashlights to all of the higer tech equipment such as NVG's, Red dot sights, et cetera. While granted some scope sights don't require batteries using either Tritium or something along the lines, but most do not and instead need batteries to be anything else besides aesthetically pleasing. Lastly, with the random spawning of weapons and items, I'm for the mediated spawning of military grade items with higher chances in certain areas, but having said that everything should still have a chance to spawn anywhere (except vehicles.) Even if it is a low percentage, it would make many people's days when they were to find a soldiers body with a m249 in an attic or something similar. So in summary: Complicated medicine: Please!, Gun degredation: Maybe . . , and Batteries: please add them

SInce it seems as if we're just pasting our opinion and hoping it sticks here, I'm for virtually all of the items listed by ruaz(?). As a medical student I'm enamored with the health aspect. It provides so much more depth and cooperation/or/carefullness on the part of the players, making both a new way for bandits to betray/perform their dickery on survivors and subsequently giving survivors more chances to help one another out. For example, if someone enlisted a bandit for help removing bullets or amputating a leg, but they instead just severe an artery with a scapel instead causing them to bleed out (unsaveably) fast, killing them while saving a bullet. So there'd be even more incentive to get people you trust to operate on you. One thing I'm not a fan of though is the weapon degradation, unless it is done correctly. Typical guns today can easily go through a few thousand rounds without giving out with the better variants firing many more than that without being cleaned. If they would mildly hinder or enhance performance by cleaning them or maintaining them every couple hundred plus rounds (Low balling it, preferably many more lasting the life of the gun, not the user) I would be perfectly happy. Additionally, were that to take place it should affect each gun differently. The Colt 1911 and any AK should require much less cleaning than the more finicky weapons. To be honest as well, I didn't read all 30+ pages here to check and make sure I'm not being redundant so I'm sorry if that's the case. Batteries though. There is a distinct lack of batteries in the game from flashlights to all of the higer tech equipment such as NVG's, Red dot sights, et cetera. While granted some scope sights don't require batteries using either Tritium or something along the lines, but most do not and instead need batteries to be anything else besides aesthetically pleasing. Lastly, with the random spawning of weapons and items, I'm for the mediated spawning of military grade items with higher chances in certain areas, but having said that everything should still have a chance to spawn anywhere (except vehicles.) Even if it is a low percentage, it would make many people's days when they were to find a soldiers body with a m249 in an attic or something similar. So in summary: Complicated medicine: Please!, Gun degredation: Maybe . . , and Batteries: please add them

Edited by grassdi

---suggestion---

use body parts (foot/shoulder), tools or objects to break into locked buildings.

Lets face it. 99% of buildings in a real zombie apocalypse would be locked. so both in turms of gameplay and realism it makes sense for most buildings to have locked doors.

so to get into the locked building you must either break the door or the lock. for e.g using an axe to smash the door or a foot to break the lock. either method will make noise and attract zombies.

this will prevent players from staying in one town and farming a city for there entire game. keep the exploration factor while still allowing players to chose any building and force there way in if pickings in unlocked houses are slim, or there simply desperate for supplies.

Rocket is making clothing a much bigger deal. I would love in the future to see large variations of clothing of all sorts. It would be sweet to see many different variations of coats, helmets, pants, etc.

On release though I would simply like to see basic varieties. Nothing to complex from the get go.

Paint is other idea that I have heard and become fond of. It would be fun to paint your guns and gear. It could be used for identification like armbands. An extreme example would be like the knights Templar's red crosses. Maybe there could be a universal sign for a medic player. Of course there could always be bandits who dress up like medics, but hey, that is part of the game.

The atlyn helmet like the one in my profile picture would be very cool to wear. The ultimate bandit face cover!

I could write pages on my wishes but I will spare you all the pain.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 2

Helicopters out of Take on Helicopters.

So DayZ will be Based on ToH or at least its engine right?

Please integrate the Flight and espacialy the Startingsequenz WITHOUT the Autostartup from ToH in Dayz.

By now it is to easy and Everyone can do it. Everyone is using them like DayZ was Battlefield.

I like the fact beeing the Pilot for my Group. o0O Or i like Richard Wagner to much ^^

Most of the Times the last thing is see of a Heli by now, is a Burning Hole in the Ground.

It makes things harder and like is said i would like DayZ to be the most Anti-Game out there.

o0O Okay maybe i like screaming: "God damit ROCKEEEEETTTT!" When i find only empty Tincans when i got Z's on my Tail and out of Ammo . ^^

Here is what im about, in case you don't have ToH. Good Game by the Way. If you like flying around in Arma like me, you should give it a try...

Edited by Die Jungz - Karmann

zombies should also be in some houses and buildings so you never know if a building is safe. makes you be more carefull entering a building

be able to eat an animal raw (if you dont have fire/wood) but it will cause illness

Edited by pimm

I really don't want to anoy sbdy, BUT WE NEED A GOOD ANT-CHEAT. I'm playing dayz since 3 weeks and I already got killed by hackers 5 bloody times. This really ruins DayZ and if there are also as many cheaters in the Standalone, I (and many other people) won't buy it.

I really don't want to anoy sbdy, BUT WE NEED A GOOD ANT-CHEAT. I'm playing dayz since 3 weeks and I already got killed by hackers 5 bloody times. This really ruins DayZ and if there are also as many cheaters in the Standalone, I (and many other people) won't buy it.

To late, you did! Pleaaaaaaasssseeeeee UTFS!:

http://dayzmod.com/f...k-its-released/ <- This one Rocket answerd!

And there are a estemaited Million more of those......

Edited by Die Jungz - Karmann

Zombie migration.

I'd love to see a change to zombie behavior, having them, over time, randomly fall into small bands, then groups, and if left unchecked entire herds that migrate around the map and infest whole areas. this will pose more threat to players and might create an entirely new gameplay approach.

Make zombies a bit more aggressive and creepy at night. Keep their vision and hearing the same at night so its hard to be detected but it will make night a living hell. My group finds night time to be safer than day time. I would also like to see players that are killed by zombies to turn into zombies. These zombies wouldn't respawn until server restart. They would be faster and pack a little more of a punch than the regular "walkers". Now getting your gear back will require a bit of a fight if killed by zeds. Basically what I am saying is make DayZ a living hell. Currently you can survive perfectly fine by yourself. The average survival time has gone up. We need more of that challenge back that this mod used to be when we first played it. I would also like to see a nice little .22. You are probably thinking "Why a .22?". Well that would be the gun I would carry into the apocalypse Think about it, it's fairly quiet. All you need to do is aim for the head on walkers. And you can carry 10,000 rounds on you easy. But yet this weapon would be horrible for PvP. I would like to see as I wrote earlier an sks also. This old soviet semi-auto rifle is everywhere and shoots the same round as an AK47 (Of course I am talking about the russian model which needs to be reloaded with stripper clips). Mosin Nagants wouldn't be half bad either. You can pick one of them up for cheap nowadays and they are literally everywhere. This nice bolt action shoots a 7.62x54r. I would also like to see the Winchester shoot its actual rifle round. Instead of being a shotgun like it is in DayZ. Maybe add a 1887 lever action shotgun to the mix to replace the current Winchester. Weapon up-keep would be nice too. After a long day of zombie killing make it necessary to field strip and clean your gun. Of course most guns would have to be cleaned more often than others. Maybe add a weapon cleaning kit to the mix? Tactical vests wouldn't be half bad either. These make you reload a little faster because you have easy access to your ammo, but yet make you carry a bit less. Different weapons should make me run a little faster or a little slower. If I am carrying a fully loaded backpack and a lmg with 3 belts I'm gonna be running a little bit slower than a guy with just a pistol.

I like the train part but think that either open box cars or passenger cars should be added so that someone could use it as a actual train service on a server. Who wants to run from point A to point B if they can catch a ride on the express?

If that was implemented think how cool it would be to be a bandit rolling on the side of one in a car and jumping onto it, taking them hostage or whatever. Kinda like the old timey westerns where a dude would jump onto a train from a horse. The possibilities are endless.

Allright here's my suggestion, we, the people, are not all equal. We have different skills, abilities and characteristics, I think it would be nice to reflect this in the standalone by being able to each time you respawn, you get to choose a list of "classes" if you will, that are a list of what you were before the zombie apocalypse. Perhaps you were a doctor and therefore you apply bandages faster or heal some blood when applying bandages, small things but relevant things. Perhaps you were a Farmer and/or hunter, and therefore start with some extra food and you may be slightly better with rifles, like reloading faster etc. Perhaps you were just a regular guy working in an office, so you might be smarter than the average person but not as strong.

I realize that what I'm suggesting here is bordering on RPG elements, but I think it'd be nice if you had some sort of "skill tree" or whatever you want to call it, with tiny things being improved over time when you do them, obviously they'd be lost upon death and you'd start again. Small things like physical fitness, proficiency with firearms, street smarts ( still not sure what this would entail in gameplay terms, but it would be cool if it did something ), dexterity, medical proficiency etc. They wouldn't be major especially anything involving guns, because we wouldn't want people who are "maxed out" to have a way easier time than fresh spawns. But slightly faster reload, slightly steadier hands etc. I think it would help make your character feel more like your own, you couldnt max everything out and you'd have to make a choice based on what you do the most what you would specialize in. This is a very broad suggestion I realize. And my examples are very few, but I think it could be a great addition to the game. Let me kow what you think. :)

(Would loot being accessable from kitchen cupboards, gun cupboards, wardrobes, lockers and general places where you would have to open to access loot if there) make the loot spawning less of a burden on the game/server, cos the loot would be only accessable via a player interacting with the container rather than multiple loot spawning in a town when a player is close. just an idea and alot ppl (would and have said) it would be more realistic to have food in fridges/cupboards or guns in gun lockers or medicle supplies in cupboards etc etc etc :)

Edited by jaytmuk

claymores maybe rare

booby traps, think this would add a great element to the game .

Petrol tanker/truck!

Hi there, I believe that if more vehicles are going to be added and that they are more customizable then perhaps there should be at least one of these vehicles on each server for everyone/factions/clans to fight over.

Ural_AC5_1.jpg

I believe this would be great because it means that a convoy of people's vehicles would be able to stay fuelled for a very long time, however it adds the risk of the tanker being shot and blowing up most of the convoy and scarring the land in wreckages, flames and bodies dismembered with blood everywhere. So people would fight over these tankers or stay away from them. If a clan is enemies to another clan while surviving against zombies then they would need to watch out if they have a petrol tanker or for the enemies it would be a fun task to intercept or ambush the convoy and kill them all/blow them up or strategically try take over the convoy with less casualties.

It's up to you how you would play but I think many many people would back up my idea/suggestion. Please add this Dean/Rocket!

P.S - This also adds reason to introduce more rag-doll and definitely add dismemberment!

Thanks, Harry

• Like 3

Player bounties/missions

Real time events (cargo ships/planes landing/docking for certain amount of time then leaving)

Player/zombie ears (to be used at specific locations to trade for weapons supplies ect)

Keys for cars, ability to lock cars and to pick locks/hotwire cars

traps (all kinds, snares pitfalls ect,)

ability to climb trees

I have an idea for groups. If you want to group up with someone, say a friend, and you meet up but you don't want to mistake them for another, potentially hostile, player. You would get close enough to them and act as if you were going to look in their backpack only it will give an option like "Friend Player" or something similar. If both players do this then you will show up on map for each other, on the GPS and their player name will hover over them no matter their distance and can only be seen by players that have "friended" each other. This will make coordination much simpler and make it so finding one another easier and not such a pain in the ass. The best part would be you can do this to as many players as you like so you can have large groups. This will not change any type of friendly fire, everyone is fair game.

I have an idea for groups. If you want to group up with someone, say a friend, and you meet up but you don't want to mistake them for another, potentially hostile, player. You would get close enough to them and act as if you were going to look in their backpack only it will give an option like "Friend Player" or something similar. If both players do this then you will show up on map for each other, on the GPS and their player name will hover over them no matter their distance and can only be seen by players that have "friended" each other. This will make coordination much simpler and make it so finding one another easier and not such a pain in the ass. The best part would be you can do this to as many players as you like so you can have large groups. This will not change any type of friendly fire, everyone is fair game.

Hi new poster, sorry to say this point blank but that's a terrible idea. It's not that I think you shouldn't be able to group up and coordinate with other players, but this shouldn't be done via annoying and easily exploitable game mechanics like you described. There's no authenticity in having a perma-tag over players with constant map visibility, it simply isn't like that irl. It's a cheap shortcut that would make things WAY too easy. Instead, radios should help groups coordinate their actions across the map, or else just use Teamspeak & co like everyone else.

Rocket has said time and again that he doesn't want to influence gameplay via specific game mechanics, but rather the game aims to provide a framework where players can do as they please. So if you want to group up with friends, there's no need for an official "group" designation in-game: just start working together and PRESTO! you've got yourself a group. Furthermore, with new customizable skins/clothing for the characters, you'll be able to tell people apart better with no need for distracting tags.

If you want map visibility and name tags, go play on rookie servers, they have that kind of stuff.