stripes

Broken leg? Splint it up!

I propose that in the absence of morphine we should be able to make a 'splint' for a broken leg so we can at least retain some sort of mobility. In order to do this you would still need wood either from your gear (which currently is a largely ignored item) or you will still need an axe (which most people tend to carry) & access to a forest. I suggest that our mobility however still be limited to some degree (you cant run though you can 'hobble' quickly). Same as in real life.

Edited by MadMax
  • Like 4

Great idea. Adds realism so many seem to want.

And to finish healing process you need to get that morphine.

• Like 1

And to finish healing process you need to get that morphine.

Agreed.

• Like 1

YES! I was going to post this but you beat me to it. Good on ya, I dont know how many times I was just waiting to die because i stubbed my toe on a two foot drop.

• Like 1

Well as it stands at the moment you are pretty well screwed if u break a leg well away from civilisation.

indeed, i was in a barn and found my first weapon and ended up falling a bit off the staircase resulting in broken leg. GREAT. i had no morphine but if this splint idea came on i would have been fine, had wood in the barn and some bandage :L Good idea pal

LOVE this idea. Combine bandages + wood = splnt. Allow prone only to prone/crouch only (so you're still "hobbling")

• Like 1

LOVE this idea. Combine bandages + wood = splnt. Allow prone only to prone/crouch only (so you're still "hobbling")

Yea great idea using a bandage to tie up the splint. I was wondering what you would tie it up with. ;)

As an interesting afterthought this idea could also be elaborated on to include the 'need' to hobble using your primary weapon as a crutch so you are limited not only in speed but also in effectiveness. This would make the requirement to obtain morphine all the more urgent. Just throwing this into the mix.

Thats a great idea. Maybe you wouldnt even need an axe since sticks lie around everywhere in a forrest.

I think it would be great if you could use a bandage and combine it with a stick to form a new item -> the splint

PS: a few minutes ago I posted the same idea in the 1.7.2.4 thread... and I thought I had come up with something really unique... till I saw this thread, damn :)

Going by a comment Rocket made in a recent interview i suspect this is already on his list of 'things to do'. :)

I would prefer something like crutches. Broken legs aren't like sprained ankles, you can't just tough it out if it is somewhat severe.

I would prefer something like crutches. Broken legs aren't like sprained ankles, you can't just tough it out if it is somewhat severe.

This is why you would still need morphine to completely heal it