andrew99

How long do we have to suffer from the backpack-changing bug???

Just before in the game I found an ALICE backpack, I changed it with my old shitty coyote one. But after I put it on, my old backpack disappeared with all the stuffs in it. I finally found a tent... And now it's lost because it was in the coyote one. And because of this stupid bug. This is a very serioius issue, and still no fix for so long.

-beta patch 95054

-on a good updated server

(happened on a 2nd floor)

this is why you drop your backpack first before grabbing another.. I've never had any issues doing that.

• Like 1

A long as your really careful it's not bugged.

this is why you drop your backpack first before grabbing another.. I've never had any issues doing that.

Qweets is right. You should drop it first on the floor.

• Like 1

Lol what is up with you guys? This is a bug! You are just saying how to counter this. Thousand of other players will bump into it too. It needs to be repaired asap.

A long as your really careful it's not bugged.

What does that even mean? Although I was not moving or anything during it.

Basically it won't be a priority unless there is no way to get around the problem, personally when I find a pack I empty the contents of my current pack into the new one and then pick it up. Never had a problem with it other than the first time it happened.

• Like 1

Just happened to me.

I'd collected precisely what I wanted to keep me entertained for ages; hatchet, hunting knife, matches, gps, pistol etc.

Then I came across the Czech backpack. Having read this post earlier today, I followed what was suggested.

and

... personally when I find a pack I empty the contents of my current pack into the new one and then pick it up. Never had a problem with it other than the first time it happened.

So I did this, emptied my pack into the new one.

Picked up the Czech.

Looked into my old pack.

Chemlights, painkillers and beans.

wtf happened to all my boss ass shit mang!

You shouldnt have too there are so many little things in this game that need to be fixed

Ok you know that Czech pack I picked up earlier, well I accidentally dropped it on the ground beside my camp fire while I was reshuffling my inventory. Now it just sits there on the ground, acting like a treasure chest. You can "loot" the inside of it (funnily enough, of the items I did have in the pack before dropping it, only 3x .45 ammo remains) but you cannot pick the pack back up and wear it...

Am I wrong, or is something amiss here?

Any bugs which make you lose your stuff are PRIORITIES. Goddammit.

• Like 1

Lol what is up with you guys? This is a bug! You are just saying how to counter this. Thousand of other players will bump into it too. It needs to be repaired asap.

Absolutely right, give this man some beans! It is a bug...the workaround is to drop your pack first. Just because a workaround exists, doesn't make it any less of a bug.

• Like 2

Great, read this too late as just lost a full coyote backpack of ammo, food and medicals. So crap as it wasn't even an intentional swap, just wrong scroll wheel option, dammit. So much worse than items just disappearing due to a full backpack, but either way both of these bugs need to go - workaround or no.

Edited by Dissenter
  • Like 2

I think the OPs main gripe is that they are fixing smaller things that people aren't noticing as much as the big items (but they have fixed big items as well).

It would probably be better from a growth standpoint to fix the bugs with zombies attacking through walls, items missing, inventory cleanup, before going after the gameplay stuff. Some of the people will give up on it before giving it a chance because of these bugs. Things like the ammo refill glitch, loot spawn times etc...some people won't even know about unless they come here and read about how to exploit the game, which is widely advertised on the forums.

The reality is that there is only so much time. They probably fix the easy things and roll them out while working on the tougher problems.