RapturJesus

When a place a marker on a map does everyone see it?

^See title for question.

I was wondering because in some servers I see dicks... and anus... and tits... marked on the map but on others the map is blank. I want to mark out my tent that I store stuff I so dont lose it but I dont want everyone to know where my tent is either.

EDIT: How do you remove markers on the map?

Edited by RapturJesus

I think it's server based. So everyone can see marks someone made. Like on one server. All hospitals and supermarkets were marked for me and on the other server I saw on the same map all heli crash sides marked. I help marking too and always mark supermarkets and make a big marker at the NW Airfield saying "DEATH!"

I think you can't remove them but they get removed when the server restarts.

Edited by Labargoth

Depends per server i think.

Either way, just write down the coordinates or place a market with shift click.

Just hover over the marker and press delete, at least removes in ARMA, not sure if it works the same way in Dayz.

Just hover over the marker and press delete, at least removes in ARMA, not sure if it works the same way in Dayz.

it does. just hover and delete. I often go to those markers that say pussies or cnuts but i never get any snatch when i arrive.

• Like 1

The markers are often traps set by bandits. Sometimes (most likely not) they're set by clueless people that don't know everyone can see them.

My advice is to listen to Admiral Ackbar when you see them:

http://cache.ohinter...b/be/Ackbar.jpg

Edited typo :|

Edited by Nahaz

The visibility of a marker to other players depends what chat channel you are in when you place it, at least in Arma. So if you place it in side chat people on your side can see it, which in DayZ is everyone. If you want to place markers or your own reference use the vehicle channel, as you are not in a vehicle noone will be able to see them but you.

This is one of the many problems with the mod currently for me. I think that each player should get to choose what team they are on in the server menu, also only that team should show whats on each teams map. OR each players map is personal and only they can see it.

Admiral* show the man some respect

Oops, my bad :)