Sign in to follow this  
2410jero

Battleye initialization failed - Fix?

I got "Battleye initialization failed" every time i tried to join a server, and it looks like many have the same problem.

What I did was update my Six Launcer and now it works fine.

Hope it helps.

-Rolf

• Like 1

Other topics has been made about this a few hours ago. Think the latest Six Updater - update is causing this problem with battleye not letting people connect to Host.

+1 for fix soon. :)

Same problem here after I updated Six Launcher

Edited by w00p

Had the same problem, using Six Launcher and tried with Dayz Commander. Tried manually updating the .dll files for Battleye, still didn't work. Found out that in my case I also had a copy of the .dll in my AppData directory (Win7) that needed to be replaced. Hope this helps others.

Had the same problem, using Six Launcher and tried with Dayz Commander. Tried manually updating the .dll files for Battleye, still didn't work. Found out that in my case I also had a copy of the .dll in my AppData directory (Win7) that needed to be replaced. Hope this helps others.

I forget the general location of that directory, mind helping?

Today I just updated six launcher for dayz and now I cant go into any servers cuz of this error....=(

I forget the general location of that directory, mind helping?

Here are the two directories he is referring too:

[steam Install 64-Bit Machine]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

[steam Install 32-Bit Machine]

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

[AppData - You will need to view hidden files and folders]

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye
Edited by LivingError
  • Like 2

Nothing mentioned by anybody in any thread has worked for me so far. I was posting earlier from my work computer. The last time I played DayZ at work, I got some kind of session time out error message and got kicked. My workmate across the room got the same error at the same time, but we were on the same server, so it's had to say where the error originated. I am now at home and I have run the Six launcher, which updated itself, then the Beta expansion and I can log in to DayZ servers no worries. So I'm wondering if the error I had at work had something to do with anything.

Tomorrow I will try the good old turn it off and on again on my work PC to see what that addresses. After that, I guess I won't be playing DayZ in my lunch breaks for the foreseeable future :/

Hmmm, strangely enough I am now getting kicked by BattlEye for "idling too long in the lobby." Once was before I had even joined the lobby, and just now after playing INGAME for about fifteen minutes. Curse you, BattlEye.

I had this problem too, after getting the Six Launcher update. I simply fixed it by downloading another BattlEye Server.dll and Client.dll . You can find the files here: http://www.battleye.com/download.html

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Download the Server.dll and the Client.dll (32-bit) v1.11 / v1.60 / v1.61.94876

2. Go to your ArmA2 BattlEye installation folder (C://ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA2/BattlEye)

3. OPTIONAL: Make a backup of the Server.dll and the Client.dll

4. Place the downloaded files in there and overwrite them.

5. Download the Server.dll and the Client.dll (32-bit) v1.61.94945+

6. Go to your ArmA2 OA BattlEye installation folder (C://ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead/Expansions/beta/BattlEye)

7. OPTIONAL: Make a backup of the Server.dll and the Client.dll

8. Place the downloaded files in there and overwrite them.

Hope this helped you, atleast it worked for me.

• Like 6

Do I just copy and paste the files, or does it require some other process of placing the files??

@Smuffins

Copy / Pasting is fine, just dragging the files in there could be done also! As long as you place it in the good map, just as told above.

I had this problem too, after getting the Six Launcher update. I simply fixed it by downloading another BattlEye Server.dll and Client.dll . You can find the files here: http://www.battleye......<br /><br />HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Download the Server.dll and the Client.dll (32-bit) v1.11 / v1.60 / v1.61.94876

2. Go to your ArmA2 BattlEye installation folder (C://ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA2/BattlEye)

6. Go to your ArmA2 OA BattlEye installation folder (C://ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead/Expansions/beta/BattlEye)

This fixed the battleeye problem for me aswell. Thanks

Edit: One problem fixed, and a new one has arisen, im now stuck at "recieving data" and im getting bumped out of the server after a while.

New Edit: Forget the last problem, i fixed that by disconnection from my VPN.

Edited by subluminal

It seems that when i go into the Arma2 Files the BattleEye folder isn't there so I can't put the files into it.

Edited by Smuffins

Thanks m8, already dloaded the files but didnt realise i needed the other 2 older files in the other folder, thanks , youre a great help :)

@Smuffins

Do you have a BEsetup map inside your ArmA2 folder? if so, open it and run it. After that the map is supposed to appear (This worked for my friend, when he had to update it). If this isn't the case, try going to your Steam and open the Games menu. In the Games menu, right-click on ArmA2 and choose Re-Install (or Install) BattlEye. If the map still doesn't appear, then i dont know how to fix it, sorry for that. But im almost sure it wil work!

@Nathkrul

No problem, im hoping it works for you (altough im pretty sure it will work)!

I had this problem too, after getting the Six Launcher update. I simply fixed it by downloading another BattlEye Server.dll and Client.dll . You can find the files here: http://www.battleye....<br /><br />HOW TO INSTALL:

Tried this but BattlEye fails init still for me

Tried this but BattlEye fails init still for me

Trying checking out the two links in my signature, especially the first one.

Trying checking out the two links in my signature, especially the first one.

Didn't try the links, restarted Six and it worked, but thx for the suggestion

I had this problem too, after getting the Six Launcher update. I simply fixed it by downloading another BattlEye Server.dll and Client.dll . You can find the files here: http://www.battleye....<br /><br />HOW TO INSTALL:

YEAH BOI. Fixed it. Beans given.

@Uncle Gus

Glad that i could help, and thanks for your Beans!!!

(i have no idea what they do, since im new)

• Like 1

I only needed these 2 steps to get it working. Thank you sir, have my beans.