svardskampe

The ultimate guide of buying a decent computer.

I do wonder a few things. Why not use the same hard drive. Instead they use a 200 dollar hd vs 100 dollar hd. Then there is a the actual motherboard. The intel is running on a micro-itx which is bottom self for gaming performance vs atx. But the amd is using a full atx motherboard.

Just seems odd that they would make such huge differences in lay out, then claim that they have big differences in results compared to everyone else.

I'll just leave this here, it's interesting enough.

wow wow wow wow,

I must admit I was a fanboy before I saw this, all the rest of the bulldozers were a total joke :P

He recently did another one that was a bit more realistic. His benching was done a bit selectively. There is give and take with the 3570K and the 8350 but if you actually do your research you will see the 3570k Generally does better in gaming. As far as the 3770k It is superior to the the 8350 in almost all aspects. I'm not calling him a fanboy but his benches are to selective and there is WAAAAYY to much info from very credible non-bias sources. The 8350 does apparently have better arma 2 engine compatibility but it is also a notoriously difficult game to bench. So basically the 8350 is a legitimate competitor with the 3570k but don't take this guy's word for law he is fairly wrong especially in this video. I personally would wait for the new upcoming amd architecture or go with a 3770k unless you need something in the

$200 price point, in that case do your research on the 3570k and 8350 and make your own informed decision.

Edited by Boneboys

Thank you for fixing that for me. I re-watched it and it isn't as bad as I recalled still off a bit. Broad statements like the 8350 is better than a 3570k at gaming are just ridiculous though.

Linus re-did alot of Logan's bench's and the 3570k did much better not to say the 8350 isn't competitive it's just not as good with current games and definitely not better.

Edited by Citrus

I'll just leave this here, it's interesting enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eu8Sekdb-IE

Ill just leave this here

AMD vs. Intel, the ultimate gaming showdown: 5GHz FX-9590 vs. i7-4960X

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/170023-amd-vs-intel-the-ultimate-gaming-showdown-5ghz-fx-9590-vs-i7-4960x/2

In OZ dollars its $400 Vs $1200

I already own a compatible mobo,so it not hard for me to pick the value for performance,just got convince the wife .

The FX-9370 is only $300AU and comes with a Asetek liquid cooler  120mm radiator and 2x 120mm fans..does it get any better?

Edited by AussieBobby