Just recently I have noticed a lot of people disconnecting when I attack them or them me unsuccessfully. Just today someone just started shooting at me so i went prone behind some train tracks and went into 3rd person view and he was stood there about 50 feet away and then vanished.

Have had people go into houses after I've shot them and after waiting ages gone inside to find they've disappeared. It's becoming more of an occurance now and a b!tch tactic.

I mentioned in another thread that this is the NUMBER ONE problem right now that needs to be addressed. It's ruining the game

More and more people keep using this exploit and I'm seeing it constantly now

Have a horde of zombies on you and don't want to waste your ammo? Just disconnect and reconnect, takes less than a minute and the zombies will disappear

PVP fight? Just disconnect and join another server

It takes away from the fun for me. If I get fired upon I stay through to the end. That's where all the excitement comes from. Gear happens. The combat experiences (good or bad) are where the best stories come from.

pretty sad really

if ppl value a virtual life that much than let them, they're the ones missing out on half of what makes the game great

That is real shame. Those ppl should be instabanned. Ppl too afraid of their precious loot vanishing.

Shame on altf4'ers

Take it upon yourselves to do some public policing.

Download Fraps, have it running when playing. When you are engaged, turn the record button on until the end. If they Alt-F4, you will have proof for them to be banned.

Few days ago I killed a guy that decided to shoot at me (and obviously failed at doing so). Foolishly he ran across an open field completely exposed and I took my chance and hit him in the chest with 8 rounds from my AK. As I watched him go through the death animation he disappeared. I looked at the chat to confirm the kill and sure enough "X was killed." and about 3 seconds later "X has disconnected".

Couldn't find any trace of a body.

This and the use of hacks will really hurt this mod.

Unfortunately' date=' some players will do [b']anything to achieve the primary goal of the game: to survive.

Abusing a game mechanic is a problem that cannot be solved by banning people, some savvy coding needs to be put in place to stop ALT+F4ing from being a viable option, beyond the exiting system.

If I catch someone doing this on my server I will issue a warning next time I see them, and after that it's a ban. This is the scum of scum, I don't care if you DC for zeds, because they never fucking give up. But if you have put yourself into a position to be shot at and possibly killed. HTFU, and deal with your mistake.

Server: EU9

Time: Around 22:00 BST

Player name: skoda

Evidence: click here to see screenshot

We encountered one of these cowards today.

On server EU9 today, one of our members was lost (in middle of night). He saw 3 survivors near him so he walked over to them (weapon lowered, peacefully) to ask if they knew where they are. One of them (skoda) shot him in face and killed him.

We then decided to serve some justice and get this guy, and started asking where they are. They refused to tell, so we started hunting down their location. Eventually we found the group, and started engaging. We killed two of them and immediately the actual killer "skoda" disconnected.

Not sure where I'm supposed to post this or if anyone even cares, but I encountered this player, CW2 Adams [=TFB=] in the US Hardcore 1 server.

Go to the 6 minute mark, the first part of the video is unrelated.

As you can see in the video, he decided to climb up and lay down in this deer stand so he could chat in side. You can see him talking a lot in chat, so it makes sense why he was just lying there inactive.

When I decide to spook him, I toss a grenade (and miss). Seconds after the grenade, he disappears and his name is seen disconnecting.

Another example of the kind of cowards that play this, disconnecting at the first hint of any danger that they didn't initiate. And he was pretty fast, too. Makes me think he's had practice...

Take it upon yourselves to do some public policing.

Download Fraps' date=' have it running when playing. When you are engaged, turn the record button on until the end. If they Alt-F4, you will have proof for them to be banned.

[/quote']This problem will not be solved by recording videos of people doing this and I highly doubt bans will be issued ever, there is too much room for interpretation of what is happening and it's not actually proof of anything. Regardless of what you may think it's impossible to prove they intentionally disconnected no matter how coincidental it may seem. They could of had to get off, forced to, internet died, game crashed, power outage etc.

We all can speculate to the end of the time what we "know" they are doing but it will always be just that, speculation and speculation is proof of nothing. Rocket is going to have to develop some way to stop this or it's just going to be this way and have to be dealt with.

Not sure where I'm supposed to post this or if anyone even cares' date=' but I encountered this player, CW2 Adams [=TFB='] in the US Hardcore 1 server.

Go to the 6 minute mark, the first part of the video is unrelated.

As you can see in the video, he decided to climb up and lay down in this deer stand so he could chat in side. You can see him talking a lot in chat, so it makes sense why he was just lying there inactive.

When I decide to spook him, I toss a grenade (and miss). Seconds after the grenade, he disappears and his name is seen disconnecting.

Another example of the kind of cowards that play this, disconnecting at the first hint of any danger that they didn't initiate. And he was pretty fast, too. Makes me think he's had practice...

Nice video. Justice must be had for this!

This problem will not be solved by recording videos of people doing this and I highly doubt bans will be issued ever

Oh I agree with you, and I'm not expecting any action to be done, but perhaps it will make people feel better if they ever encounter one of these disconnectors in the future.

And also, if there are multiple recorded instances of the same guy disconnecting in firefights etc. that's really enough evidence to prove it. If this same kind of evidence were present in a real life court, the guy would be sentenced guilty. The chance that he just 'happened' to have his own reasons for disconnecting in multiple different instances at the perfect times is just too remote to even consider anymore if it reaches that point.

There needs to be like a 2 minute disconnect delay, eg once they hit disconnect it takes 2 minutes until it logs them out. That way anyone engaging them in a firefight has a chance to finish them off.

There needs to be like a 2 minute disconnect delay' date=' eg once they hit disconnect it takes 2 minutes until it logs them out. That way anyone engaging them in a firefight has a chance to finish them off.

[/quote']

This is the idea that has been bounced around the group I play with. I imagine tons of people would hate the idea, though. But in my opinion, you should never disconnect when you're in danger or somewhere that someone will find you (because when you log back in, you're going to be there for a bit before you actually gain control of your player and get your bearings)

The only problem, which only happens in some cases, is when they disconnect while hidden from view, and you can't tell whether they disconnected or are just waiting for you. After 5 minutes of waiting, you finally decide to move in and then oops, he did disconnect.

But that's not too common of a scenario and I'd be very happy if Rocket implemented a grace period like that.

Unfortunately' date=' some players will do [b']anything to achieve the primary goal of the game: to survive.

Abusing a game mechanic is a problem that cannot be solved by banning people, some savvy coding needs to be put in place to stop ALT+F4ing from being a viable option, beyond the exiting system.

Ma gurl's right.

It's an easy fix. Rocket will handle it.

You're familiar with the Real Virtuality engine?

I would never do this with a PvP encounter, but I have done this on a few rare occasions with zombies. I accidentally triggered some zombies at the NW airfield (mostly because some bandit was trying to snipe me with little success). I ran with the horde chasing after me; I threw a smoke grenade to distract them and then ran into the forest and started crawling away. However, once the smoke dissipated the zombies somehow managed to run after and attack me even though they had no line of sight and no way to see me (I was in prone "invisimode" and not making any noise). I then disconnected because I didn't really feel like losing my character because of some omnipotent zombies. Zombies need to have limitations, because right now they can chase you FOREVER and find you no matter where you are.

Basically, if you manage to distract zombies with a smoke grenade they should not be able to reacquire you; they should go back into the "ambling about" state until you alert them again. Smoke grenades seem pretty useless right now, since the zombies are apparently able to find me no matter where I am even after I am far away and prone.

I'm a bandit I don't DC but I've noticed 90% of the bandits I encounter try to disconnect upon being shot and rarely ever do I see a surivior try to disconnect on me. The other night me and a buddy went into stary and killed 2 bandits, both disconnected(this was before the patch). They reconnected under different names same spots and killed us. I took one of them out but he disconnected again. The next night I was in a empty server about to go into stary and loot it up and I see a flair go up so I prone on the hill and wait. Here comes a bandit proning through the middle of the night in stary. BAM! I one shotted him in the head with a CZ and he tried to disconnect but failed because he was instantly dead and I got to loot his body. Best part is it was one of the same guys from the night before. Felt good 8)

I'm a bandit I don't DC but I've noticed 90% of the bandits I encounter try to disconnect upon being shot and rarely ever do I see a surivior try to disconnect on me.

I too have noticed this, seems to be common play amongst many bandits. I stick through to the end, it gets the addrenaline going. But nothing ruins the moment than shooting a dude and having him disappear.

Snuck up on a bandit today and fired a few rounds in him.. immediately DC/D, they have it hotkeyed to their right mouse button or something.

I'm in full support of the 30/60/120 second delay when leaving a server, anybody with half a brain should log out in the trees anyways, and this would negate le alt f4 in *most* situations