Sign in to follow this  
MeGustacus

BattlEye initialization failed

Hi,

Im having problems on playing, everytime I join a server it goes on the "waiting for host" then says BattlEye initialization failed. I tried reinstalling BattEye, manually reinstalling it.... Any help??

Had this on a server this morning. I highly suggest to try a few different servers, that did it for me.

Its down to the new beta patches. Use the latest beta patch, 95054(released yesterday), as the 2/3 previous ones seem to be buggy as shit. Heres a quick guide if you need it.

This is my current install method and i havent ran into any problems so far. Game working 100%

-Both games fully installed and ran before any mods or betas are applied.

-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.

-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-Run the .exe and install.

-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).

-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

-Make sure to use 95054 in the filter after youre fully updated as the new beta is not backward compatible.

-If you run into any more issues with Battleeye you will need to head over and download this http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2/1.61/BEClient.dll place with file in expansion\battleeye

-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.

• Like 8

Well... Im trying to download the patches but it requires me to log on!

How do I proceed?

I'm having this issue (running 95054).. Updated BE, made new profile, did what RTribesman said, and still saying "Battleeye initialization failed" on EVERY fucking server. Makes me so angry damn...

I dont know what to do. :(

Its down to the new beta patches. Use the latest beta patch, 95054(released yesterday), as the 2/3 previous ones seem to be buggy as shit. Heres a quick guide if you need it.

This is my current install method and i havent ran into any problems so far. Game working 100%

-Both games fully installed and ran before any mods or betas are applied.

-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.

-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-Run the .exe and install.

-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).

-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

-Make sure to use 95054 in the filter after youre fully updated as the new beta is not backward compatible.

-If you run into any more issues with Battleeye you will need to head over and download this http://www.battleye....61/BEClient.dll place with file in expansion\battleeye

-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.

I just wanted to say thank you for that...I was just being a complete moron. I updated and kept trying to join servers with the old beta. I gotta quit smoking so much... :lol:

I just wanted to say thank you for that...I was just being a complete moron. I updated and kept trying to join servers with the old beta. I gotta quit smoking so much... :lol:

That site asks for a password to be able to DL the newest beta, whats the password?

Thanks for the detailed information, RTribesman. Thanks to you I was able to escalate my problem into the "kicked for bad player name" error. From there I just created a new player profile in the Arma II, or Arma II OA beginning menu and voila!

Theres another new beta patch out so the servers can be quite bogged down. I only ever see the user/pass login when a new patch is being released

Actually, I had already updated the beta via 6 Launcher today. I was just not paying attention, and it turned out the servers I usually play on were still running 94786 instead of 95054 now (or whatever).

Filtering 95054 was all I did, and I've been able to join all of them without any issues whatsoever. ^_^

Rather than start another thread about this, I'll just post here and hope somebody has a solution.

Been playing DayZ for months now and never had this problem 'til today. Joined a server that I was playing on a couple days ago (for about 5 trouble-free hours), and I got kicked due to BattlEye not responding or something. Tried again, actually got into the game this time but was kicked after about 30 seconds of gameplay due to 'BattlEye failing to update'.

I'm running Arma 2 patch 94876 and I'm only joining servers that say 94876. I tried quite a few different servers and have had the same results. The strange thing is that I've changed nothing since I last played the game, in fact I've barely used my PC since I last played.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling BattlEye using the uninstall and reinstall things in the game folders. I tried manually copying the .dll files into the folders as suggested by some people. None of this worked.

I tried reinstalling BattlEye through Steam but I can't. If I try this on Arma 2, I'm met with a message that tells me the game is currently unavailable. If I try it on Operation Arrowhead, I get '!!! MISSING STRING'.

Is there actually a real solution to this as I've searched various threads and spent a while looking up the issue and nobody seems to have a definitive solution.

Glad my guide is helping so many people.

Rather than start another thread about this, I'll just post here and hope somebody has a solution.

Been playing DayZ for months now and never had this problem 'til today. Joined a server that I was playing on a couple days ago (for about 5 trouble-free hours), and I got kicked due to BattlEye not responding or something. Tried again, actually got into the game this time but was kicked after about 30 seconds of gameplay due to 'BattlEye failing to update'.

I'm running Arma 2 patch 94876 and I'm only joining servers that say 94876. I tried quite a few different servers and have had the same results. The strange thing is that I've changed nothing since I last played the game, in fact I've barely used my PC since I last played.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling BattlEye using the uninstall and reinstall things in the game folders. I tried manually copying the .dll files into the folders as suggested by some people. None of this worked.

I tried reinstalling BattlEye through Steam but I can't. If I try this on Arma 2, I'm met with a message that tells me the game is currently unavailable. If I try it on Operation Arrowhead, I get '!!! MISSING STRING'.

Is there actually a real solution to this as I've searched various threads and spent a while looking up the issue and nobody seems to have a definitive solution.

Try manually installing battleeye:

-If you run into any more issues with Battleeye you will need to head over and download this http://www.battleye....61/BEClient.dll place with file in expansion\battleeye

Aside from this i reccomend updating your beta patch using the guide i posted. Note that the patch has been updated again so you will need to type the relevant patch number into your filter.

That doesn't work either.

I've been having the same problem. I uninstalled both battleye folders and re-installed them through the installer and by doing it manually. No result.

For some reason it doesn't want to recognize the latest battleye version.

Having the same problem.

Really not sure what to say but id reccomend doin some research into wat ports BE uses and try open them on ur router, try disabling ur firewall. Its possible the newest BE update changed the way it works or something along them lines, i really dont know.