rickenwing@gmail.com

[1.5.7] Keep Spawning at the Coast

Same happenings here. Spawned in on the coast with all my gear for the second time, once last month, now twice yesterday. Logged in on the coast..ran to Pusta. Logged. Next day spawed in on the coast again.

I have the latest beta patch (95883) and the latest game code (1.7.2.5) and this teleporting still happens.

Can anybody confirm if the suggestion from Nephireal's post works?

Just happened to me as well.

Was located on the north end road of Green Mountain. Logged off, and was ported to the coast.

Have they changed the starting gear to 'not even a makharov or knife and no punching ' or have i got a bad weapons file ?

Am I here just for entertainment for bandits ?

Did I just waste my money buying this game?

If we start weaponless and vulnerable you take any playability from the game once you die ever.

Corpses I find have starter kit ie mostly nothing not even food drink.

Did this epic failure of a change happen between all those videos i saw and when I stupidly bought the game.

Mr Hall I feel really ripped off.

Have stayed alive for houres till i die of thirst - found some ammo cannot club anything with it - anyone I see kills me.

By adding a "murders" tally you make any freshman fresh meat for players and all you made was a PVP game.

I heard the interview with sidestrafe and Mr Hall - that is not what is the aim.

If you want to dramatically reduce player Kill take away the KILLS Tally?

"" Am I taking Crazy Pills?""

Bought the game yesterday over it in one day.

Great game potential.

Quoll69

The game is hard and hardcore. If you can't take it, you shouldn't have bought it. It's an alpha mod, stop bitching you dumb fuck.

And yes I have this same bug. I was near the NW airfield when I logged out. When I logged in yesterday I was outside the west side of Cherno.

When I logged in tonight, I was on the west side of Elektro.

So after testing this on my own, If I stay on the same server, I do not spawn at the coast. If I change servers, no matter how long (tested at 1 hour) I wait and no matter where I was when I logged off last, I end up back at the coast.

I can't even express in words how frustrating this is. Way to many variables to consider for this to be a server hopping deterrent.

To list a few:

-The server you were playing on an hour ago isn't working any longer for some reason or another.

-Hackers on the server you are currently on, so you hop to another hacker free server.

-Kicked for ping being to high, in which case you should find a server that your ping isn't too high at.

-Friends are playing on a different server.

-It is night time on the server you were on before. (Suck it up, try playing at night, it is actually fun!!) Still a legit reason to hop servers though....

-When you log into the server you were on before, you get like 5 FPS. (I am not sure this is a server problem, but it often seems so).

I am sure there are many other reasons why this is not a good fix for a nasty issue. Unfortunately, I do not have any recommendations on a viable fix..

It can't be a deterrent, it's a bug. Because it'd be the most stupid deterrent ever. Forcing everyone to the coast where they will get camped by people? Yeah that'd be GREAT.

Edited by Creambomb

Same happening here ran up to NW airfield twice today... spawned back in at Cherno both times. Just going to wait until this is patched.

Respawned on beach, after logging off at NW Airfield. I kept all my gear.

Reddit post saying you need to go into your Arma2 profile/other profile folders in my documents and delete the game save folder that stores your single player progress. I tested this and confirm it works. Why does it work? Who know. o.O

Confirmed working. Fixed the problem for me

Date/Time:8-11/22:00

What happened:Changed Servers and spawned at coast

Where you were:Pustoshka

What you were doing:Laying in the grass

*Current installed version:1.7.2.5

*Server(s) you were on:US 1732

I've had different experiences with the same problem, with three possible scenarios so far when loading into a server.

1. Respawn on a random part of the coastline - All previous gear is retained
  2. Respawn on a random part of the coastline - Primary weapon, secondary weapon, all tools, and backpack (along with the contents) are missing. Anything stored in the main inventory or secondary inventory is retained.
  3. Load correctly, where I logged out, with all gear.

In the second scenario, I'm not given any starting gear to replace my missing tools/backpack. (Flashlight, patrol pack, etc.)

They all seem to occur in no particular pattern, at least not one I can determine. It's not gamebreaking for me, but it is annoying and inconvenient.

Same here, and i was at my camp, which is pretty far away from anything.

sucks to go 15000 meters all over again. and again and again.

as well spawning with expensive gear is really risky

Yep, happened to me for the third time in two days. Logged off a few hours ago near Starry, log in and spawn at Prigorodki! Please fix this as it makes it almost impossible to play with friends when this happens - well at least with no vehicle!

SAME HERE.. Logged of at airfield. Make latest update and after few hours log in and stuck in "LOADING"... turn off game, make reconnect and spawn at.. beach.

10 times already... :o

Same thing. I wonder if it's supposed to be a punishment for server hoppers, but it's just not working properly.

That isnt it. I have logged out on one server, logged back in on the same server, back on Coast.

I had this yesterday. I was using 1.7.2.4 and I might have accidentally logged into a 1.7.2.5 server. I then updated to 1.7.2.5, still spawn near Elektro. Not been back on yet to test yet but after spending all my Saturday game time running back up north I really hope this doesnt happen again.

Same issue here too. Happened to me twice, once when I logged off on the edge of Electra and another time when I was at the Airfield. When I relogged, both times I found myself in Kemenka! :(

Edit: This only started happening after I updated to 1.7.2.5 and Beta 95883.

Edited by Rawns

Same here, happened yasterday. Didn't update to 1.7.2.5 and tried to log in to my favorite server which was updated - stuck on loading. So i exit, update the dayz, login - spawned on Otmel island (I logged out near NE Airstrip 2 days ago) with full equipment. So I talked with my friends, someone said he read that was maybe server hopping fix that is bugged, As i was on Otmel and wouldn't want to swim and loose some of my equipment, I started changing 1.7.2.5 servers. Entered like 9-10 of them, I always spawned on Otmel. Finally found server with a boat on Otmel, crossed on mainland, switched back to my favorite server and continued north to meet with friends. When we were near NW Airfield, server restart msg pops so we hide ourselves and exit to wait for restart. After 5 min I try to log in and get stuck on loading. Killed the game, try again - spawned on shore - quit - go to sleep.

Hey guys, Ive been haveing this problem but for about 4 days now, ive spent countless hours trying to get back to my mate near green mountain so we can head to the airfield, Ive gotten to the airfield twice and nearly gotten there about 11 times now and its just teleported me back over and over again its getting to a point where i might just give up, if this could be looked into asap it would be highly appreciated

Same issue for me log in At beach like errrrrrrrrr

On a beach 11 am in morning looking like a wookie what the hell did i drink last night least i got my gear

Then a light pop who gonna get me first some sniper someone login behind me some fresh man with a hatchet in a bush I dunno

Get up north and its like Darn im hungry log out and back at the beach again

Its the Twilight Zone 1.7.2.4 now if i could x 1000 ~ X i should be able to

Ok every here have the same problem,

but nobody tell us solution?

(I have the same spawnproblem)

(1.7.2.5)