Sign in to follow this  
PursuedDuke

give us back pistols please

Dear DayZ dev team.... i dought you will read this but i am asking for a pistol for when we spawn because when we want to enter a town to find loot... theres either a person that shoots at us and we cant defend ourselves or zombies that chase us and seems like we cant get away from... i dont know if other people feel this way and i know it is supposed to drive people away from player killing but the fact of the matter is that pvp is going to happen and when we dont have anyway to defend ourselves, were hopeless... i join many servers and the first time i see someone i yewll in chat or in voice coms "freindly and unarmed", but they still shoot/kill me anyways... people will not stop player killing... its just not gonna happen... well i thank you for taking time to read this... please if you do read this, give us our guns back please... thanks from jake

i disagree, having no weapon makes the mod that much more exciting, also if you are unable to lose zombies/avoid bandits then you just need to improve your strategy

• Like 1

Dear Jake,

I doubt you have considered this but I'm asking you to re-think your request. Currently the zombies present a fantastic challenge and you have more of a chance to survive getting off the coast due to there being no Makarov wars. I know other people feel this way and I know a lot of people don't like it, but people are meant to learn from their mistakes in DayZ, so maybe take your time, prone a lot and observe your surroundings before tearing off at a full run towards the nearest building and/or venturing into Cherno or Elektro. Please, if you do read this, learn to be stealthy and stop asking for things that have been discussed into the ground already.

Thanks from KnT

Edited by KnT47r

well the only proble with that is that when your stategy fails and you cant change it because its already too late... your being chased and more that likely gonna get killed

~jake

Guess ol' Jake never heard of the fucking "BeanWars" I shudder when I think about the way shit was on the coast a few months ago...

Ummm, you make a good point, let me think about this........No.

It makes the experience that much more intense and finding your first weapon is a real accomplishment.

If i had my way all Respawns would start with nothing apart from 1 bandage, a watch and your pants around your ankles!

I much prefer no pistols.

Because...

Makarov wars.

BeanWars

Now if I meet someone on the beach I can team with them instead of pew pew shootout.

Edited by Rogan

No.

Guns are, and should be, a luxury in this game.

They should be hard to find, harder than they are now, and there should be less ammo.

I am all for some sort of melee defense at start, but a gun... no way.

No, it's easy enough as it is to get good weapons without starting with stuff.

Edited by Lordsarito

It's not that hard to start w/o a pistol. Just run and dont stop running until you find a gun. If you get killed or shot in the process no harm done, not like you had anything.

I bought this game yesterday and had this idea in my mind. It sounded so good in my head and that was to sneak around in the town and find a weapon and run out again.

BUT, the problem was that, when I tried to enter the town I always was seen my a zombie since it is so many around the corner where I can't see them and I died. So I had to change my strategy to survive as a loner in this big tragic world. I ran into the forest and started to search farms instead and found a shotgun and revolver. Now I got weapons, a tent, food and water.

No problem of starting without a gun, but only think about a strategy to survive.

• Like 2