Sign in to follow this  
RogueNick

Happenstance

After an eventful raid on the dreaded stary, involving me limping away with 3k blood and a broken leg. I crawl toward the nearest tree line desperately, hoping just hoping the sniper is not going to shoot that last finishing shot, not wanting to lose my newly acquired dmr from then stary tents. Somehow he does not shoot, whether his gun exploded or he had the eyesight of a 80 year old pensioner I don't know, all I know is I survived somehow. Although that's not the end of the story...

Once into cover I morphine up eat all the meat I have, and lie in the forest, recovering from the traumatic experience. Until... suddenly I hear footsteps, a lot of them, I remain prone frozen in my spot, under a bush near the lake prud I think. They walk past not noticing me, a group of 5 survivors each kitted out with various items from ghillie to anti mat rifles and fals. I must say I had to fight the instinct to shit my pants and abort, like some people would in that situation(many people have done it to me when I've had the upper hand :( ). So I stick to the bush praying they don't see me, and they don't, it is the worst mistake they could have made...

I wait a few minutes for them to reach a decent distance away, and pick up their trail, eager to try out my new DMR. So I stalk them and wait for the optimum time to strike. I see it, they all have to cross an open field to get to the next tree line. Time to strike! Not before one of them turns around checking the rear of the squad, I hit the deck, again I go unnoticed. I get ready, catching my breath and steadying my aim. Judging by view i'm about 150m out, so I aim for the core chest (DMR being zeroed at 400m it may go a bit more up than that, so i aim a bit more down but not too far as if I'm lucky it could crack a headshot). I start the massacre, two shots to the rear guard, 2 shots to the ghillie suit man, both confirmed dead pop up on the screen.

The final 3 are now in dissarray, wondering what tragedy has befallen their teammates. 2 of them drop to prone the other one gets a nice two shots to the chest. As expected one of the last two disconnects the other faces the bullets to the face like a man, the area returns to silence. Four bodies now lie in the field calling to be looted. I crouch run towards the now deceased group, cautiously, aiming at the spot where the one of them disconnected. I reap the reward, a pair of NVGs, more DMR ammo and plenty of other goodies.

I start giving each of them a decent burial, hiding their bodies, when suddenly it hits me I've made a crucial mistake, THE RESPAWNER. I turn to where he logged and like clockwork he appears, any earlier I'd be dead. I sloppily spray my DMR at him panicking, ramming the mouse click as fast as possible. He keels over, not before spraying a few rounds into my legs, and breaking my legs again GAH! Now I'm on 3k blood again quickly bandaging and ramming cooked meat from their corpses down my throat, inject more morphine into my legs and run into the now green sunset with my new NVGs :D

Possibly the most exiting experience I've had on dayz, this game is amazing for random encounters, your adventure writes itself! I don't feel bad for the squad, banditry is just too damn fun! I mean what group allows itself to be taken down by one lone wolf!? All lone wolf bandits out there, keep going no matter what, surprise is always the greatest advantage!

• Like 1

Great story, gosh don't you love the feeling of your heartbeat quicken when you see or hear another player? It's exhilarating! It's probably why I am addicted to this game, which may seem wierd. I once encountered 3 bandits and all I had was a winchester. I was able to take out 2 before the last one killed me. I think it was worth it ;)

Great story, gosh don't you love the feeling of your heartbeat quicken when you see or hear another player? It's exhilarating! It's probably why I am addicted to this game, which may seem wierd. I once encountered 3 bandits and all I had was a winchester. I was able to take out 2 before the last one killed me. I think it was worth it ;)

I had almost the same experience, except there were 2 of them and I got 'em both B) . I took down one from across a field, then the other shot me and I dropped behind a rock. He came over to finish me off and I managed to kill him before dying of blood loss.