Xechor

Map Marker Missing?

I got the map and noticed the blue player icon indicating my position and oritentation. I hit CTRL+M. I hit the Server button and was kicked. Now the marker is gone.

I know there are some tricky controls with it, such as double-click to set marker, hover and hit DEL to delete it, and CTRL + LCLICK to set a waypoint. Is there some way to toggle the location HUD that I'm missing??

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also I notice now that the map auto-loads to the top-left hand corner when I first join a server. Is this some kind of glitch? How can I reset the map orientation?

EDIT2: Also this is on the same server. My friend had the same thing happen but his was working for the first 3 hours. This is how I know it's not some permissions problem.

Edited by Xechor

I dont think you should be able to see your location unless you have a GPS.

Depending on what difficulty a server is running determines if you can see the blue personal position marker.

Keep in mind if you have visual knowledge of any players on the server and then check your map when you can see your blue marker you will also see markers for the other players you have visual knowledge of in game. Infected show as Orange markers(Civilians).

This still doesn't account for why we were able to see the markers at first and then suddenly they'd disappear. I can understand if I'd switched servers. This wasn't the case.

This still doesn't account for why we were able to see the markers at first and then suddenly they'd disappear. I can understand if I'd switched servers. This wasn't the case.

I also was able to see those markers first and then not. For me it was a bug, So you might had the same thing?

Perhaps there was a server restart? This wipes map markings.

I mean the HUD for your player location and "Man"s (i.e. zombies). This is a glitch. If I keep reconnecting or reconnect to other servers, it will come back. I can tell the glitch is effective if I hit the map for the first time and the map is centered at the left or top-left.

Hopefully others can Google this so they don't pull as much hair out as I have :P I'll see about submitting a bug report once I'm done playing.