Sign in to follow this  
bahhh

DayZ becomes Standalone title in september?

I see a lot of news about a standalone title coming out in september.

Of course the writers could have misunderstood what rocket said but what if this is true?

They said it's gonna be a seperate title saled in about 14~20 euro.

Don't you guys think this is too early?

Yes, i know rocket stated he's gonna follow the minecraft model,

but i thought he was gonna work on the standalone when the arma 3 releases.

What i imagined that would happen was, rocket keep on experimenting with the arma2 mod, and then at the appropriate time, rocket would release an alpha of arma 3 engine based DayZ(standalone) with a price.

EDIT:

Source:

http://www.digitalsp...raft-model.html

Edited by bahhh

I thought it would only be fully released in the Arma 3 engine as well, since from what i heard, Arma 3 will be released this year, right?

I'll be buying it anyway though (if it becomes necessary)!

Would really like for people to stop making these huge announcements like this without a source.

Seriously. Where was a standalone in September ever announced and/or discussed?

ArmA 3 was delayed until 2013, so I guess they're gonna stay on ArmA 2 for now.

Edited by Copgun

Who came up with this deranged idea that DayZ is becoming a standalone in September It took them a month to get 1.7.2 out from its original release date; it'll probably take them a year to get this game to a standalone stage. Its seems rather impossible for it to become a standalone so soon. (Okay the month part was exaggerated)

Edited by mattgil1

I've been seeing this idea around the forums, can you please provide a link for this, and no don't just say "Go youtube it." That's not a link.

Whoa is this legit?

I was going to buy arma 2 when in sale

Edited by SroSo

"Like Minecraft"

Does this mean patches in between every five months and constant stability issues?

I highly doubt this is true.

It was confirmed by Rocket it was going to be for Arma 3 I believe, why would he release a standalone version before Arma 3, and still make it for Arma 3? Makes no sense really.

I'd also like a confirmation rather or not, but I highly doubt it since it has been said it will be in Arma 3 which comes out in 2013.

I highly doubt this is true.

It was confirmed by Rocket it was going to be for Arma 3 I believe, why would he release a standalone version before Arma 3, and still make it for Arma 3? Makes no sense really.

I'd also like a confirmation rather or not, but I highly doubt it since it has been said it will be in Arma 3 which comes out in 2013.

Yeah, i think you're right.

In the article rocket said "I would hope that we have something out by September"

I don't think that necessarily means a standalone version

The writer could have misinterpreted

Although the talk about pricing is kinda questionable.

Ah. Deceiving titles strike again.

Stupid fucking journalists. You're only going to keep pissing off people when they actually read your articles and see your titles are blatant lies.

Ah. Deceiving titles strike again.

Stupid fucking journalists. You're only going to keep pissing off people when they actually read your articles and see your titles are blatant lies.

Excuse me?

Have you even read the WHOLE article?

Excuse me?

Have you even read the WHOLE article?

Yes. He hopes to have something out by September. The article never once makes mention as to what he referred to as that 'something'. That could be the beta testing period he wants out, that could be the next big patch. Hell, it could be an early preview of DayZ in the ARMA III engine for all we know.

Unless I'm mistaken. Then again, this I rocket. For all I know, he's already readied the Real Virtuality 3 license, and he's half way done with coding a stand-alone version of DayZ. We have no clue what's coming. Nowhere in that article is rocket precisely quoted saying that DayZ is going standalone in September. All that's mentioned is possible pricing points, and for all we know, he could be planning to partner with BIS to release DayZ as ARMA II/ARMA III DLC.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong in all this. Why they couldn't include the quotation regarding the standalone release, though, is beyond me.

Gosh.

Please.

Don't spread rumors

That doesn't have origins

From the developers themselves

RESEARCH

whenever you hear a rumor

check official sites

instead of rumor sites

*facepalm*

Not sure what they are planning,but if I won't have to buy it again,I'm content with everything.

When Rocket says he wants a standalone with Minecraft-like model price, that doesn't mean it goes standalone as soon as the game is finished and "ready".

Mojang releases their game and let people buy their games from Alpha.

i.e Rocket could release "DayZ standalone Alpha" for 15 to 30$ then keep updating then go Beta then eventually go full release.

For a Minecraft-like model price, of course it's ready, MC was even more bugged when they first sold the game.

Someone from DEV team or even Rocket clear this up please to eliminate all speculation and tell us if there is a standalone or something else.

• Like 1

I can't imagine this being released as standalone, by September, no less...as even currently, this shit is buggy as hell.

Some of Rockets comments look like they are taken out of context... Regardless, I don't see DayZ dissappearing as an ArmA 2 mod. Even IF Rocket decides to pursue a standalone DayZ game, somebody in the modding community will pick up the pieces and run with it.

It may not continue in its current form, or even be "official", but DayZ will always be apart of the ArmA 2 mod community.

People think that "Standalone" means nothing to do with the ArmA engine.

It's going to be standalone, USING the ArmA Engine, how can people not understand that?