I was playing on a server, doing just fine, until I die, but that's normal. The loading screen, etc. was taking longer than usual, but that can be expected in a high population server. As soon as I spawn I am a bird, and all I could use is group chat. So I've heard about what FADE can do, and panicked and aborted, after that I respawned on the coast, as a player.

Even if I returned to player form, I am a bit uneasy. i don't appreciate being accused of being a pirate. I bought this game on steam, and play via SixLauncher, and the fact that I am being needlessly punished is, frankly, bullshit. I did see the "Warning: Illegal Copies may Degrade" message on that server as well. I truly enjoy this game, but if I'm going to be labelled a pirate, and my game fucked with until it is unplayable, I may as well quit now.

If anyone can explain why this is happening I would appreciate it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Bump for some help. If I did do something to make the game believe I pirated it, I'd like to fix it ASAP. Is it possible for me to have screwed up the files?

I also have bought the game of steam, and i have been turned into a bird 3 times in total, but its only a bug, just abort when it happens.

id like to be a bird too, then i could shit on all the bandits laying on the hills... :D

anyways, it was probablly a hacker...

id like to be a bird too, then i could shit on all the bandits laying on the hills... :D

anyways, it was probablly a hacker...

Haha, it's not as fun as it sounds.. :/

Can you like fly around and stuff? Do zombies swat at you futileym can you 'shoot' to caw in peoples ear? Sounds like a bit of fun if you ask me...

Is it a Raven, man I would so totally freak dudes out with that!

I don't think anybody's really had any serious repercussions after this has happened to them.

You should be fine. It happens to some people, doesn't to others. If you have a legit copy, you'll be fine. Hell, if it's on Steam, it's pretty much impossible to say you didn't buy the game.

If you notice something strange on a server, the best thing you can do is leave it and if you'd also report it for having issues that'd be great as well. Fuck those servers.

Has happened to me once. Don't worry about it as its just a bug. I bought my copy off of Steam. Happened at night though so when I recorded it you could hardly make any detail out as I tried to fly around for a minute or two. Then I aborted, went to a different server and was back where I should have been with all my gear.

It's just a bug and nothing to worry about.

This happened to me the very first time I entered the game, also just for the beautiful DayZ mod.

Somehow I figured out how to turn around (By using numpad), and eventually landed on the ground somewhere in the middle of nowhere (No trees, bushes or tall grass, just plain soil with hills) Got stuck after that, couldn't move or anything. Aborted and came back, human again.

Never got banned or accused for anything, I guess that's what some players experience after their first-ever login?