Deadboy (DayZ)

How to determine what version is needed, and what you got?

Okay, I've been playing this game for some weeks now. With "game" however, I don't just mean DayZ.

No, I've been playing this constant guessing game of "Let's see, is this server going to let me play or not?"

After the recent debacle about wrong versions, I stopped using the Six Launcher, and installed all these update patches by hand.

Now after coming back from a week of work, I thought, "Oh, look, DayZ had a new version coming out, now everything will be right back on track and it'll let me play, meaning, I can get PAST the Male/Female selection screen if it ever shows up".

Which it doesn't. I'm back at this @#$%#$ wrong server crap message! For christ sakes, what's so goddamn wrong with using ARMA, the most recent patch for it, and running the beta of this mod? something-something, 1.60-somethingsomething4444 is what I currently have.

I launched it with the beta icon, it tells me it supposedly loaded in that beta and DayZ whatever-4444 ... I try a bunch of servers that have the words beta and 4444 in their version string, and then just any server, purely random, and AGAIN this won't even LAUNCH properly anymore! I'm SO fed up with the way versions are handled here. I mean how fucking hard can it be to just bring out sequential updates that at least spew out an error message that says more than "BAwwww you wrong version you made bunny cry!".

So if my version is somehow wrong, WHERE and WHAT is WRONG with it?! Jesus! I'm doing everything by the book and I still get this! Again! Aaaah crap!

Sorry, had to vent a bit..

By Legacy (mod):

Legacy

Global Forum Moderator

The beta patch doesn't load DayZ?

Strange. Here is what I did:

• Backed up the original Arma2OA.exe and renamed it Legit Old Arma2OA.exe

• Went into Expansion/Beta and copied Arma2OA.exe and dragged it into the OA Folder

• Set my launch options to a custom fit.

Code:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz -maxmem=8192 -world=empty -cpuCount=4

• Ran OA as Combined Operations.

This makes the beta patch and DayZ work for me, but you need to manually update the Arma2OA.exe every time there is a new beta patch.

By the way guys:

You can use Six Updater to launch your game. There you can set if you want to start it with or without beta, with or without mods, aso...

Beside this SU updates your files (mods & beta) regulary if a new version is released. At the beginning the app seems complicated to use, but if you get used to, it's a pretty nice tool.

Me and my brother are having the same problem.. what is what?

We downloaded 1.7.2 and everything runs fine for 3 days.

Now our server changed to another version.. you would assume a later/newer version. One time it says he is running outdated DayZ and the other says he runs a newer version.

To make it more confusing the ingame server lists are showing 1.6 plus a long number starting with a 9.

So could someone explain the version numbers to me?

Edit: i found out after reading the new 1.7.2.3 thread

Edited by PXXL