Sign in to follow this  
snowynock

[PS4] Complete newb here - tips welcome

Hi all,

I'm a total newbie to DayZ and a big newbie to these style of games in general.  I have probably 2 hours(if that) under my belt and while I'm having a ton of fun - I'm never finding anything and constantly starving to death.  I've watched some videos on youtube but also wanted to ask here for any tips/advice of what I can do to help me last past the first few minutes.

Thanks!

There are lots of Youtube videos worth watching but here is a good series to start with.  There are 7 videos on different subjects in the series.   I'm also new and just learning how it all works and Youtube has invaluable info.  Soursweet on Youtube has some excellent videos showing just how far you can go once you become an advanced player, its quite amazing how much there is to do and learn.

Oh and here is the map if you don't already have it - absolutely invaluable to getting started and figuring out where everything is.

https://www.izurvive.com/#c=48;12;4

BTW are you using the controller on PS4 or a mouse and keyboard?  I have been trying to use the m&k combination on PS5 and it isn't working properly.