Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

Quick question...

Did the double tap for push to talk get changed? I used to be able to double tap caps lock and hot mic, in other words the comms were left open. Now I can't do that. Is there are way to do this now, or is this another thing in DayZ that got changed that nobody was asking for?

PC 1.19 Update 4 - Version 1.19.155542 (Released on 30.11.2022)

FIXED

SERVER

MODDING

10 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Quick question...

Did the double tap for push to talk get changed? I used to be able to double tap caps lock and hot mic, in other words the comms were left open. Now I can't do that. Is there are way to do this now, or is this another thing in DayZ that got changed that nobody was asking for?

Hi, the switch is in settings now. You can either have VA (Voice activation) and that is exactly what would happen if you'd toggle the VON to be switched on all the time. Or you still have the push to talk option.

20 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

i said that unfortunately it is their decision and we have to live with it(the serverside vehicles), i also said that if the sim was kept client side it would fix many issues, HOWEVER, main issue(which is the netcode/sync), will remain the same, players with bad connection will still lag for everyone else(and laggy collisions usually ended in flying across the map or everything in 50m radius exploding), as i said previously, look at what happens in arma games.

also, you all obviously cant differentiate between vehicle simulation and netcode/sync, these two are completly separate systems/mechanics, and as i keep saying, the vehicle simulation itself is really great(just start some local server or even SP mission https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode and drive around the map, when you compare the new veh sim to the old one it is like playing rfactor or some other racing sim vs saints row - just for comparison ofc)

Just because we don't reiterate what you've said doesn't mean we don't understand it.  Yes, we know the difference.  We've seen this conversation so many times.  Welcome to the forums, guy who thinks the vehicle simulation is great.   The bottom line is that the overall, holistic experience is that cars suck and it didn't have to be this way.

It's funny that you make suggestions.  We've all used Arkensor Offline mode. 

• Beans 1

he's had an account since 2019, he's either not paying attention or a troll.  He sounds like a bit of both.  Bottom line, the vehicle experience in DayZ has been crap for 4 years now and no sign of real noticeable improvements YET.  Changes have been made, but they have not changed the overall experience.  If it is supposed to improve things, it has yet to manifest.

• Like 1

Any chance you'll get around to fixing vehicles, I'd even take a revert at this point;  desync and map fall throughs are at an all time high. Swimming need a massive adjustment since 1.19 it is near impossible to get onto a rock or any surface while in water. The inertia addition pretty much broke jumping; I understand that modded maps are not your problem but since the community has kept this game alive while you sat back and did nothing over the years it would be nice if you took them into consideration.

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, bazra1 said:

cars are still laggy as hell

It's probably your internet combined with the server population. In an empty server with wired in connection it's smooth as can be. 

• Sad 2

Honestly the desync is pretty bad , though I don't even notice that since it's been bad for a while and is dependent on internet connection for the most part ; but the lack of traction and power and poor transmission responsiveness is my biggest problem that and the fact that the E-Brake locks the front wheels instead of the rear so drifting is harder

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, Robin George said:

It's probably your internet combined with the server population. In an empty server with wired in connection it's smooth as can be. 

Smooth as can be.   The plan from the beginning was to have a MMO, with full population. Playing dayz on empty servers is lame. 

did the company expect us to want to play on empty servers if we wanted a smoooth experience?  All the explanations detailing why performance suffers at high pops fail to  point out that the game is based around having many people in it. 

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

My main question regarding the 1.19 vehicle changes is why they destroyed the M3S. It finally got a much needed buff to the highest gear giving it a more reasonable (close to RL too) top speed around 60 km/h. BUT of course that can't come without a drawback, so they completely destroyed its offroad capabilities and it can barely make it uphill anymore. It used to be the offroad king, now I just use it for storage.

So - were these changes to the M3S intentional, or is it just another symptom of the botched vehicle changes in 1.19?

Edit: Ohyeah, also when reversing all vehicles oversteer like crazy, it is almost impossible to control it when reversing. Why is this?

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

My main question regarding the 1.19 vehicle changes is why they destroyed the M3S. It finally got a much needed buff to the highest gear giving it a more reasonable (close to RL too) top speed around 60 km/h. BUT of course that can't come without a drawback, so they completely destroyed its offroad capabilities and it can barely make it uphill anymore. It used to be the offroad king, now I just use it for storage.

So - were these changes to the M3S intentional, or is it just another symptom of the botched vehicle changes in 1.19?

Edit: Ohyeah, also when reversing all vehicles oversteer like crazy, it is almost impossible to control it when reversing. Why is this?

RE: M3S  That is something I have been wondering about as well.  It was just getting semi-usable, then BAM, 1.19, ruined it.  I never noticed the reverse issue, it's been hard enough driving cars forward for the last 4 years, I was hoping you were going to tell us that driving cars in reverse works beautifully, and we've been doing it wrong all this time.  I fully expected you to say that.  But alas, imagine my non-surprise that they drive terribly in reverse as well.  Oh well, the smart ones on here say it's all because of your piss poor internet connection.  Shame on you for not being Elon Musk rich and having an OC3 connection straight to the Internet.  You're a bad person, get money, none of this is BI's fault.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

23 hours ago, Parazight said:

Smooth as can be.   The plan from the beginning was to have a MMO, with full population. Playing dayz on empty servers is lame. 

did the company expect us to want to play on empty servers if we wanted a smoooth experience?  All the explanations detailing why performance suffers at high pops fail to  point out that the game is based around having many people in it. 

Shame on you for pointing out the obvious.  You should know better, BI can do no wrong.  Check the attenuation on your crappy internet connection.  Something is obviously wrong on your end, if you are not enjoying the flawless masterpiece bestowed upon us mere mortals worshipping at the feet of the almighty BI.

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2022 at 10:16 AM, Kyiara said:

Hi, the switch is in settings now. You can either have VA (Voice activation) and that is exactly what would happen if you'd toggle the VON to be switched on all the time. Or you still have the push to talk option.

Yes, I know the switch is there.

However, I used to be able to double tap and leave VOIP on permanently. I cannot do that now. I don't want to use voice activated VOIP because it's unreliable and people cannot hear me a lot of the time, even when the threshold is set high. But I don't want to have to hold caps lock to talk either because that means I lose the use of a finger. I'd like the old system back where I would be able to leave VOIP on.

Is there a way to return to that option?

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Yes, I know the switch is there.

However, I used to be able to double tap and leave VOIP on permanently. I cannot do that now. I don't want to use voice activated VOIP because it's unreliable and people cannot hear me a lot of the time, even when the threshold is set high. But I don't want to have to hold caps lock to talk either because that means I lose the use of a finger. I'd like the old system back where I would be able to leave VOIP on.

Is there a way to return to that option?

The doublr tap to leave Voip open is still there. Check control settings and search for something like "VOIP (double tap)" or similar and check if Caps lock is assigned to it. If you dont find it let me know i search it and let you know where it is exactly with some screenshots. I am not in my PC now.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, Kathosky said:

The doublr tap to leave Voip open is still there. Check control settings and search for something like "VOIP (double tap)" or similar and check if Caps lock is assigned to it. If you dont find it let me know i search it and let you know where it is exactly with some screenshots. I am not in my PC now.

Hi,

So I changed the voice command to double click in the code in the dayz_preset_User.xml to what you see below...

Untitled-1.jpg

In my commands in the game, it now looks like this...

Untitled-2.jpg

But double tapping Caps Lock still doesn't seem to work?

On 11/30/2022 at 5:11 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

he's had an account since 2019, he's either not paying attention or a troll.  He sounds like a bit of both.  Bottom line, the vehicle experience in DayZ has been crap for 4 years now and no sign of real noticeable improvements YET.  Changes have been made, but they have not changed the overall experience.  If it is supposed to improve things, it has yet to manifest.

still waiting for you to tell me where i said bi can do no wrong, as you previously stated

as for the vids you posted

1.) what do you expect to happen when two objects starts interacting in each other, look at literally any other engine what happens when you spawn an object in another one, literally same as here, this is not vehicle issue but spawn system related, since it allowed to spawn 2 vehs at same place(and i’d bet at server admin obviously not being experienced/knowledgeable and setting the saferadius and distanceradius in events.xml to 0)

2.) dont have time to watch it whole, but from what i saw by clicking through it then yes, i agree that some kind of "jack" would be useful for cars, as for what happens around 5 minute mark, first his game starts stuttering when its loading assets he havent "seen" yet(which happens a lot when the game is not on SSD or atleast on some fast HDD), but due to the vehicle being simulated on server it kept going forward, so by the time his game loaded the assets and stopped stuttering he was already in the pillar or tree - this i’d say is like 50/50, on the one side yes bi can manage loading assets better so it wont lag the whole game, on the other side it is time to stop using 5400rpm hdds for games, afterall its 2022, 128 gigs SSDs(which is more then enough for dayz and dozens of mods) can be bought for less than 15 USD(or even less, i bought a new 128gb one last week from aliexpress in black friday for 9 USD) 

3.) again just a desync issue - nothing wrong with vehicle simulation itself, from any other player POV car is just on ground or driving slightly due to driver inputs, but everything the driver sees is just due to the desync - not really happening

4.) already talked about this(my first post i think in this topic), behavior at lateral collisions between vehicle underside and ground(or anything), any "experienced" server admin could do a temp fix  in 2 mins untill bi makes something more proper(lower the suspension compression distance, so there is more height between vehicle underside when fully compressed ground/any object under), but yes, this is BI/veh sim fault

5.)another desync

6.)wall is in the back of the vehicle like 50cm atleast, everything what i wrote for first vid applies here

On 11/30/2022 at 12:53 PM, Parazight said:

Just because we don't reiterate what you've said doesn't mean we don't understand it.  Yes, we know the difference.  We've seen this conversation so many times.  Welcome to the forums, guy who thinks the vehicle simulation is great.   The bottom line is that the overall, holistic experience is that cars suck and it didn't have to be this way.

It's funny that you make suggestions.  We've all used Arkensor Offline mode. 

so you say that you understand the difference, then "shame" me because i think that it is "great"(works etc.), so you obviously dont understand the diference otherwise you wouldn’t wrote this,in all my posts i said that veh sim is good(because compared to old one it is), not overall vehicle experience(which includes both vehsim and netcode together)

also, if you used any of the offline methods/local server etc., you obviously had to spot the difference in car behavior between old and new veh sim.(not sticked to the ground then suddenly starts flying, overall vehicle roll affecting driving etc.)

Edited by TheSzepy

So how is it exactly that ARMA 3 and hell even PUBG have better vehicle systems using the same Internet Connection.  Both are open world simulations to a degree and the vehicles just work.  DayZ's current vehicle simulation is not exactly all that great, certainly not really any better than what we had in the 1.18 and earlier patches... it just fails to work differently.  The overall experience WHICH INCLUDES THE VEHICLE SIMULATION is piss poor at this point.  That's all MOST gamers care about, can I drive a car reliably without getting killed continuously?  If the answer is no, then it's failure,  it's very simple.

• Like 2

Yeah, nah, yeah the sim is working great. ANY server admin could fix it. Odd there is not one server that has..... I wonder why..  Please explain. Show us a server with working cars please. You aren't worth the argument unless you show SOMETHING. And you haven't showed jack shit except how well you flap your lips. Burden of truth is on you @TheSzepy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, Tonyeh said:

Hi,

So I changed the voice command to double click in the code in the dayz_preset_User.xml to what you see below...

Untitled-1.jpg

In my commands in the game, it now looks like this...

Untitled-2.jpg

But double tapping Caps Lock still doesn't seem to work?

Your settings screen and txt have a few differences to mine, which I leave here too so you can compare. I just checked if my "VOIP double tap to leave it open" works and it indeed works in the game. I suggest changing to the txt I show here and see if  it works.

unknown-2.png
unknown.jpg

• Beans 1

The new vehicle physics is a fail. Bad design.  I still have to stop while driving because on the client side the cars still bounce around. While they are stable server side, I get shot and killed waiting for the desync to end. It’s a real easy shot. Just a guy, in a car, between towns just ASKING to get shot. 

please fix vehicles. 

• Beans 2

17 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

still waiting for you to tell me where i said bi can do no wrong, as you previously stated

as for the vids you posted

1.) what do you expect to happen when two objects starts interacting in each other, look at literally any other engine what happens when you spawn an object in another one, literally same as here, this is not vehicle issue but spawn system related, since it allowed to spawn 2 vehs at same place(and i’d bet at server admin obviously not being experienced/knowledgeable and setting the saferadius and distanceradius in events.xml to 0)

2.) dont have time to watch it whole, but from what i saw by clicking through it then yes, i agree that some kind of "jack" would be useful for cars, as for what happens around 5 minute mark, first his game starts stuttering when its loading assets he havent "seen" yet(which happens a lot when the game is not on SSD or atleast on some fast HDD), but due to the vehicle being simulated on server it kept going forward, so by the time his game loaded the assets and stopped stuttering he was already in the pillar or tree - this i’d say is like 50/50, on the one side yes bi can manage loading assets better so it wont lag the whole game, on the other side it is time to stop using 5400rpm hdds for games, afterall its 2022, 128 gigs SSDs(which is more then enough for dayz and dozens of mods) can be bought for less than 15 USD(or even less, i bought a new 128gb one last week from aliexpress in black friday for 9 USD) 

3.) again just a desync issue - nothing wrong with vehicle simulation itself, from any other player POV car is just on ground or driving slightly due to driver inputs, but everything the driver sees is just due to the desync - not really happening

4.) already talked about this(my first post i think in this topic), behavior at lateral collisions between vehicle underside and ground(or anything), any "experienced" server admin could do a temp fix  in 2 mins untill bi makes something more proper(lower the suspension compression distance, so there is more height between vehicle underside when fully compressed ground/any object under), but yes, this is BI/veh sim fault

5.)another desync

6.)wall is in the back of the vehicle like 50cm atleast, everything what i wrote for first vid applies here

so you say that you understand the difference, then "shame" me because i think that it is "great"(works etc.), so you obviously dont understand the diference otherwise you wouldn’t wrote this,in all my posts i said that veh sim is good(because compared to old one it is), not overall vehicle experience(which includes both vehsim and netcode together)

also, if you used any of the offline methods/local server etc., you obviously had to spot the difference in car behavior between old and new veh sim.(not sticked to the ground then suddenly starts flying, overall vehicle roll affecting driving etc.)

Oh okay. Semantics. The sim is great but the net code sucks. This is what you’re saying. And you agree that the overall experience is bad. 

The overall experience is what matters. It sucks. The vehsim is great sure, but pointless to talk about without the netcode issues. Weakest link and all.  Pointless to discuss anything without the presence of a FULL server. 

• Thanks 1

SO an announcement came out the other day that BI was asking the community what new hats people wanted to add to the game.  I never thought the day would come that they ran out of ideas for new hats.

Vehicles still broken.  Server exploits still prevalent.  Hackers and cheaters literally everywhere.  ESP still a problem with non-admins.  Trees and bushes that still magically stop bullets... AND BI WANTS TO ADD MORE HATS!  Why am I not surprised?!?!

Dear DayZ Santa

I wish you guys would fix vehicles after waiting over 4 years.  Everytime I look under the tree for vehicle fixes, I see a lump of coal in the shape of a V3S.  All I know to do is to set it on fire to mimic how much it is worth in the real game since the latest patch.  Would it be possible for any of my sniper weapons to be able to penetrate the branches of all trees and bushes, even if the trajectory goes awry, you know, like in real life?  Also, is it within the realm of possibility you could secure your server database so an 8 year old cannot hose it with free tools on the internet?  I would have thought a multimillion dollar  company making a game for the last 9 years could manage these tasks.  It's doubtful.  Maybe the magic of Christmas could be real for once.

PS  DayZ Santa, you don't need your sleigh this year, just choose any vehicle on any server, it will eventually launch you into the sky better than Rudolph ever thought he could.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

SO an announcement came out the other day that BI was asking the community what new hats people wanted to add to the game.  I never thought the day would come that they ran out of ideas for new hats.

Vehicles still broken.  Server exploits still prevalent.  Hackers and cheaters literally everywhere.  ESP still a problem with non-admins.  Trees and bushes that still magically stop bullets... AND BI WANTS TO ADD MORE HATS!  Why am I not surprised?!?!

Dear DayZ Santa

I wish you guys would fix vehicles after waiting over 4 years.  Everytime I look under the tree for vehicle fixes, I see a lump of coal in the shape of a V3S.  All I know to do is to set it on fire to mimic how much it is worth in the real game since the latest patch.  Would it be possible for any of my sniper weapons to be able to penetrate the branches of all trees and bushes, even if the trajectory goes awry, you know, like in real life?  Also, is it within the realm of possibility you could secure your server database so an 8 year old cannot hose it with free tools on the internet?  I would have thought a multimillion dollar  company making a game for the last 9 years could manage these tasks.  It's doubtful.  Maybe the magic of Christmas could be real for once.

PS  DayZ Santa, you don't need your sleigh this year, just choose any vehicle on any server, it will eventually launch you into the sky better than Rudolph ever thought he could.

To be fair, Santa's little helpers need something to do. That one guy from the art department doesnt want idle hands, nor does the modeller. You dont want THEM working on coding do you? 

Maybe thats What's wrong in the first place, even art guy is modelling...... oh dear.... :😀