lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.18 (Change Log)

These "Poke Balls" are indeed weird for the game, as is the gas nade for the grenade launcher. I would remove them as well in any vanilla server.

They are probably fun using, but I don't see how that fits into the game. They would fit well for example in Namalsk, where there is a Gauss rifle and out of this world storms, but IMO not for vanilla Chernarus/Livonia DayZ.

Apart from that, if the explosives/Grenade launchers are super rare, everything else in this patch is very good. I am hoping that with the new mechanic implicit in the Grenade launcher, we will see the bow/improvised bow very soon. We will see, DayZ has been better than ever from quite a time now, keep it up!

If we are adding more "sawn off weapons" then i think it's very much time that they are added to the loot cycles. People already know that using them is not really practical and only a negative trade off for a smaller size. Adding them to city and town loot makes logical sense and it lowers the amount of full size rifles floating around in spawn areas, not to mention increasing the value of finding a full size rifle. This would increase the challenge to all players, but hurt veterans a little more who are already used to relying on and competent with full size riles. It also forces people to use what they have and adapt to gear they normally would not touch. It's a simple way to increase the variety in weapons while also making the game easier on new people and a bit harder on the vets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm trying to set up a local EXP server client and getting a version mismatch.

My non-EXP setup is working fine.

Is this a known thing or should I spend time troubleshooting it?

I have been playing this game since it was only an Arma mod and I love this game. I primarily play on PVE servers and have met a lot of cool people from all over the world on this game. The only thing I ask is don't take away the ability to remap the controller key binds. The rest of the new configuration changes are ok, but as of now I can not change controller keys; I hope this is not a permanent change. And if this reaches anyone, thank you. 

• Beans 1

PC Experimental 1.18 Update 2 - Version 1.18.154875 (Released on 26.05.2022)
GAME

FIXED

• The vicinity tab could disappear after scrolling through a long list of items
  • The M79 launcher would not deal accurate damage to bases
  • The Derringer would change its zeroing while shooting
  • It was possible to store improvised explosives infinitely into each other
  • It was possible to craft the improvised explosive even if the protector case still had contents
  • Fixed an animation glitch related to going prone
  • Plants missed their name widget during growing stages
  • Brooms would recover health after stopping burning (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164097)
  • Food lost quantity when baked with lard
  • Food did not lose quantity when being roasted on a stick
  • It was possible to ignite the fireworks launcher in buildings where it should not be possible
  • It was not possible to ignite a damp fireworks launcher
  • The dismantle action performed the repair action instead
  • The stealth kill used the infected death animation
  • Fixed a server crash related to corrupted storage
  • Vests attached to grenades would explode on their own

CHANGED

• The fireworks launcher is now deployed faster

MODDING

• Added: PrePhysUpdate, IsEvent and IsTag callbacks to AnimCommand so they are usable from any Animal and Infected command
  • Added: PrePhysUpdate, IsEvent and IsTag callbacks to AnimCommandBase so they are usable from any Animal and Infected animation command

It seams that there is problems after problems with Dayz. The last update the 1.17 I’ve noticed the vehicles such as Trucks are not working properly since the last update. With the trucks the speed  limiter is gone as when you press your right finger on the controller the lorries engine goes in to the red and Breaks, it could do with the fifth gear on them this would solve the probably. Plus when you start the engine the vehicle Xcellerate when the vehicle is not even started. Also all the cars are so bad when you try to break and when you crash the two front Tires burst. 
The next problem is when you try to get anything out of the pouches. 

So here are the problems:

Can’t get anything out off pouches when wearing plate carrier.

Trucks engine burnout when accelerating.

Vehicles front tyres burst when vehicles crash.

Bears can kill you when in vehicles.

Zombie’s can stand inside vehicles when attacking you. 

The new cz550 Savannah goes out of sight when you shoot. 

The smershbag you can get anything out, you have to remove it the you can get things out. 

When you put on and gun Carrier you can’t use pouches when Platecarrier.

So please fix these problems for the Dayz. 

3 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

Vests attached to grenades would explode on their own

Now all grenades and smokes explodes AFTER update if you drop em and they are armed on your vest.. 
- all storage if there was grenades and/or smokes
GG

On 5/19/2022 at 10:21 AM, lynn.zaw said:
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

Once again, can we please get some attention directed towards these C++ side issues, prior to stable release.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164404
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164508
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164529
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164531

The change that introduced these issues wasn't QA'd, it would be nice if the fix was.

Three of the four have been marked as "Assigned" by Geez, the same way every other bug report is - including the useless ones with no relevant information included - but with no actual acknowledgement of the issue. There's no point in people actually using the Feedback Tracker to report issues if they're just going to be silently logged and then ignored. There are numerous issues which have been documented in great detail over the past decade on the FT which remain unfixed and even, in some cases, unacknowledged.

The community would appreciate greater transparency with the Feedback Tracker if the CM is going to keep recommending its use, as currently it seems like it's where bugs are swept under the rug, not tracked and actioned.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, michaeldcullen said:

Once again, can we please get some attention directed towards these C++ side issues, prior to stable release.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164404
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164508
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164529
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164531

The change that introduced these issues wasn't QA'd, it would be nice if the fix was.

Three of the four have been marked as "Assigned" by Geez, the same way every other bug report is - including the useless ones with no relevant information included - but with no actual acknowledgement of the issue. There's no point in people actually using the Feedback Tracker to report issues if they're just going to be silently logged and then ignored. There are numerous issues which have been documented in great detail over the past decade on the FT which remain unfixed and even, in some cases, unacknowledged.

The community would appreciate greater transparency with the Feedback Tracker if the CM is going to keep recommending its use, as currently it seems like it's where bugs are swept under the rug, not tracked and actioned.

This is not the first time people have basically BEGGED them to use the Feedback Tracker properly.  And as you so eloquently said, "what is the point?"  I use to search the FT and put in issues while in Alpha, as soon as it hit Beta, I knew all was lost, and then in one month it went full release, and THAT was THAT.  Now, they don't even really engage with the community anymore for fear of more deserved backlash consider how little they have listened over the years.

Every game development company on the planet should model themselves after Hello Games.  They erred, badly, but they FIXED their error and then went and continue to go the extra mile.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pauldinho said:

It seams that there is problems after problems with Dayz. The last update the 1.17 I’ve noticed the vehicles such as Trucks are not working properly since the last update. With the trucks the speed  limiter is gone as when you press your right finger on the controller the lorries engine goes in to the red and Breaks, it could do with the fifth gear on them this would solve the probably. Plus when you start the engine the vehicle Xcellerate when the vehicle is not even started. Also all the cars are so bad when you try to break and when you crash the two front Tires burst. 
The next problem is when you try to get anything out of the pouches. 

So here are the problems:

Can’t get anything out off pouches when wearing plate carrier.

Trucks engine burnout when accelerating.

Vehicles front tyres burst when vehicles crash.

Bears can kill you when in vehicles.

Zombie’s can stand inside vehicles when attacking you. 

The new cz550 Savannah goes out of sight when you shoot. 

The smershbag you can get anything out, you have to remove it the you can get things out. 

When you put on and gun Carrier you can’t use pouches when Platecarrier.

So please fix these problems for the Dayz. 

They was doing this on the release, I'm sure if you did this regardless, Ity'll break the engine IRL Too, And yeah, The pouches thing for plate carriers is a damn annoying thing, aswell as losing ur boot slots if your wearing assault boots.

Edited by TheVpyr

On 5/22/2022 at 6:52 AM, DefectiveWater said:

Regarding bases this is my suggestion:

1. Keep wall strength, allow metal sheets to go over the wooden walls (so 2 layers on one frame).
2. Introduce window and door covers so that people don't need to waste so many materials building giant fence walls indoors (should be made out of wood and metal just like gates, window covers could also be made out of tarp).
3. Nerf the quantity of ammo/grenades spawning in the map by a significant amount. I just ran through one mili base on expy and found like 60 rounds of 5.45... way too many.

If you increase wall strength then you are making melee weapons even worse at raiding which is not what the issue is, overabundant grenades and ammo is the real issue.

Regarding the patch content:

I like everything EXCEPT the gas grenades. I really dislike them and I don't see how it fits into DayZ.

Explosion dmg both layers, so would not make any difference against them. I think it must do a layer-by-layer on explosion to that idea work out and they should make loudest noise in the game, attracting literally every zombie in a huge radius.
 2 would be fucking amazing, althought wouldn't fix "explosive" issues.
 and 3 i kinda agree, but it comes down to luck. i've got a LAR for almost a week w/o a 20round magazine.

Why host the fucking server files on steam if they're behind the client?

They both updated this morning and it still won't work due to incompatible versions.

Would be way cool to be able play the game I paid in advance for 8 fucking years ago.

• Beans 1

It's a steam problem not the devs..

That stuff is annoying btw with mods update on server side. Steam - all is updated, game - NOPE! Unsub, resub for mod - Steam: yep now i will download the update..

Just restart the steam or PC and all be FINE

Nope, rebooted, full reinstall.

Server is .154765 and the client is .154875

It kind of is the developers problem if the person they're paying to deliver a product isn't delivering it. 

The devs have also fucked up and "updated" by re-uploading the same version by accident a few times as far as I recall too.

Edited by BCBasher

I am sad to see that 2 major glitches still persist years later:

• sometimes your first time ADSing will be massively delayed
  • ADSing right before reloading will still lock you into ADS speed for the duration of the animation or until you cancel it

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

I am sad to see that 2 major glitches still persist years later:

• sometimes your first time ADSing will be massively delayed
  • ADSing right before reloading will still lock you into ADS speed for the duration of the animation or until you cancel it

ADS has been slow for a looooong time.  It pisses me off to raise my weapon and there can be a 1 to 3 second delay before you are looking down the sight.  No other game I play past or present does that.  It's stupid beyond measure.

・Gas Canisters explode upon destruction

Has anyone tried this?
I have shot and burned and it did not explode.

Oops,This is in the feedback. I will wait for it to be fixed.

Edited by MORI_Todai

16 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

ADS has been slow for a looooong time.  It pisses me off to raise my weapon and there can be a 1 to 3 second delay before you are looking down the sight.  No other game I play past or present does that.  It's stupid beyond measure.

also, the stuck cursor glitch upon connecting is still around where if you press escape to remove it (to me thats the natural reaction) then it just instantly disconnects you.

edit: as I just found out, the fix for that is to just alt+enter

Edited by Buakaw

I found an AUG A1 at NWAF today on Spaggies EXP.

Is this change made by the devs or by Spaggie? I really like having more variety of guns at NWAF since just AK74 OR M16 is very boring.

<type name="Aug">
        <nominal>5</nominal>
        <lifetime>28800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>2</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="1"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
    </type>

Those are def setting for vanilla exp server.. so yes there is a chance 

• Beans 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, ScipioII said:

@BCBasher Good to see you again! Hope all is well. 

Finally have a half decent PC and good internet, played a couple weeks on pubs until I got fed up with exploits and my general dislike of people.

Fired up my own server and put in a few hundred hours including a 39hr marathon collecting vehicles and trucking stuff from all over the map to the coast making a respawn camp for myself. 

I'm actually kinda happy with the game at this point, all I ever wanted it for was a 1-2 player sandbox and it's starting to have enough toys in the sandbox to keep me entertained. Considering what I saw in a few tents on pubs and how easily I accidently duped a VSS on my own server it's not a good multiplayer game for people who don't want to exploit.

I am really looking forward to trying the fireworks, something that pulls infected like that will be fun. 

Anyhow I'm dialing in my server settings for my personal tastes and would rather be working with the 1.18 ones than carrying on with 1.17 versions that will be no good after the next update. 

Also curious to see if I can move my 1.17 database files into 1.18 and keep my collected stuff.  

Um just have a.. bug(feature?). Landmine on road, you shot it, it detonates(with blow sounds) 5 sec later you step on it - it detonates again NOW with you.. XD

We are super excited for the update over on Xbox! Definitely ready ti see the new Bldr files we can use through Editor for custom base builds, Points of interest Etc., will we see full mod support for Xbox any time soon? Or at least being able to enter custom vehicle skins of some sort? Love the game love yalls work!!! 

3 hours ago, Asgard Falling said:

We are super excited for the update over on Xbox! Definitely ready ti see the new Bldr files we can use through Editor for custom base builds, Points of interest Etc., will we see full mod support for Xbox any time soon? Or at least being able to enter custom vehicle skins of some sort? Love the game love yalls work!!! 

Has Xbox received it on experimental?

I don't see a forum post for 1.18 going experimental on Xbox and was wondering if consoles are getting this within the same time-frame?

I play on PS5, we don't get experimental and the lack of a forum post for consoles concerned me.

Edited by RZ0R