ZinMas 101

Why Valorant has better security

Simple: it bans the cheaters hardware ID's. So, if they want to play or cheat again, they basically have to buy a new computer, not VPN, not new account, or that kind of stuff.

Just ban the hardware cheaters ID's.

According to People on the internet, BattlEye for DayZ does identify repeat-offenders based on some hardware ID's. I'm not going to disclose which ones or how

4 hours ago, RRoses said:

According to People on the internet, BattlEye for DayZ does identify repeat-offenders based on some hardware ID's. I'm not going to disclose which ones or how

You're wrong; if you get banned, its enough just to get a new Steam account (buy dayz again) and thats its. Greetings.

Edited by ZinMas 101
Text edit

Actually, at this point, it makes me think the Dayz Team is doing business with this. They know there are plenty of cheaters in the game (everyday more and more), and they have to re-buy the game everytime they got catched.

I already have known more than one player who was banned and they are playing again just because a new Steam account and rebuying the game.

So... is just business?

Edited by ZinMas 101
Text edit

54 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

So... is just business?

That's a bold statement. I would guess not, even with good anti-cheat players would still get banned and would still HAVE to buy the game again if they want to play (be that legit or not).

If you have suggestions for Battleye I think your best bet is to contact them directly. BI has said several times that they aren't responsible for Battleye.

EDIT: Also, the issue with DayZ is that even if Battleye bans 99% of the cheaters, and let's say theres 200 of them. That means there's 2 of them going ham on the server.
Considering DayZ has like 30-40k players, It's safe to assume that that number of 200 might be even higher, or the detection % could be lower.

1 Cheater is enough to cause issues on the server (speed hacks, ESP, aimbots...).
2 won't even give you a chance to get inland.

EDIT2: But I do agree with you, hwID should be the way to go, provided that there aren't false positives.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

On 12/6/2021 at 6:06 PM, ZinMas 101 said:

Actually, at this point, it makes me think the Dayz Team is doing business with this. They know there are plenty of cheaters in the game (everyday more and more), and they have to re-buy the game everytime they got catched. 

Let me just give a quick warning here that spreading uninformed claims and misinformation is against our guidelines for behavior on these forums. As BattlEye is a 3rd party provider, and security in general is a sensitive topic, we are not discussing ban methods publicly.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:55 PM, ZinMas 101 said:

You're wrong; if you get banned, its enough just to get a new Steam account (buy dayz again) and thats its. Greetings.

youre starting to glow. Stop it

On 12/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, ZinMas 101 said:

So, if they want to play or cheat again, they basically have to buy a new computer

Not true. HW-ID spoofers have been around since early 2000's. 

17 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Not true. HW-ID spoofers have been around since early 2000's. 

Ok, then ask somebody who was banned in dayz, all you have to do is get a new Steam account and buy the game again. Im sorry if you guys preffer to keep being ignorants.

Edited by ZinMas 101
Text edit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Ok, then ask somebody who was banned in dayz, all you have to do is get a new Steam account and buy the game again. Im sorry if you guys preffer to keep being ignorants.

I have. It depends. In some cases people have been banned outright when they just get a new account, sometimes nothing happens. It seems BE is selective as to when they lay out HWID-bans.

If you want to realize the massive cheat problem on this game, head over to the Spaggies Vanilla chernarus Blue server now, there are some wonderful specimens of cheaters with Speedhack. Berezino sector! Stop telling us that cheaters only exist on official servers. You only have to play on the DayOne and Spaggies servers to understand that this cheating problem is not mastered and above all, I repeat, in large numbers.

1 hour ago, lvw06 said:

Stop telling us that cheaters only exist on official servers.

Nobody said that tho, people don't say cheaters don't exist on community servers.
It's just that there's generally less of them OR they are being actively moderated by admins (when they can and when they detect them).

I would dare to say that "I repeat, in large numbers." is a false statement. All you need is a few with undetected cheats, not "large numbers".

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

Nobody should be banning hardware ids... hardware will just be sold on and innocent people who buy it hit by someone else's ban

18 minutes ago, lemmac said:

Nobody should be banning hardware ids... hardware will just be sold on and innocent people who buy it hit by someone else's ban

When you are buying second-hand stuff, you're accepting possible consequences (like those hardware could be almost burned by overclocking, or those hardware could be under a police investigation... who knows) . Thats a hardcore point of view btw.

Edited by ZinMas 101

On 12/14/2021 at 2:11 PM, ZinMas 101 said:

Youre the one being ignorant here, suggesting a mechanic that is easily, for free passed. You clearly dont understand even the most basic things about AC's! Valorant has Kernel level anticheat, which means that its more capable at spotting cheat programs than what DayZ has. Thats where its strength comes from!

Ironic for you to call others ignorant and not knowing what a HWID spoofer is.. youre a joke!

1 hour ago, p4nnus said:

Youre the one being ignorant here, suggesting a mechanic that is easily, for free passed. You clearly dont understand even the most basic things about AC's! Valorant has Kernel level anticheat, which means that its more capable at spotting cheat programs than what DayZ has. Thats where its strength comes from!

Ironic for you to call others ignorant and not knowing what a HWID spoofer is.. youre a joke!

So what if it uses Kernel or what, Im just saying is too easy to avoid the security on this game. Thats its, u mad bro? If Kernel is better or not, we are not talking about that. We talking about this game needs better security against cheaters. Thats its.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

So what if it uses Kernel or what, Im just saying is too easy to avoid the security on this game.

And he's saying it's also easy to avoid HWID bans, so what you suggested is not a solution.

Kernel anti-cheats run on the lowest level, thus they can see almost everything. So that might be the solution. I'm really confused by your last statement.

If Kernel is better or not, we are not talking about that. 

What...? This is supposed to be anti-cheat discussion, right? How are we not talking about kernel? You mentioned Valorant. Valorant has kernel level anti-cheat...

Edited by DefectiveWater

2 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

And he's saying it's also easy to avoid HWID bans, so what you suggested is not a solution.

Kernel anti-cheats run on the lowest level, thus they can see almost everything. So that might be the solution. I'm really confused by your last statement.

The thing is I dont have to know which anti-cheat is better, cause im not developer or even owner of a server. Im try to say that you dont almost see cheaters in other games. They are banned in seconds.

So yea, im ignorant in that way. But I know people who got ban, they just needed a new Steam account and rebuying the game. Thats it. My English skills are not that good btw to have propper debates.

Greetings

3 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

The thing is I dont have to know which anti-cheat is better, cause im not developer or even owner of a server. Im try to say that you dont almost see cheaters in other games. They are banned in seconds.

So yea, im ignorant in that way. But I know people who got ban, they just needed a new Steam account and rebuying the game. Thats it. My English skills are not that good btw to have propper debates.

Greetings

Then don’t post if you’re not going to engage.  Stop being ignorant. 

You DO see cheaters in other games!  They’re all over.  Open a news feed once a week.  Then realize that this is a global problem. Cyber criminals have infected way more than just the video game you play. Anyone who demands action against cheaters MUST be clueless as to the state of the world right now.  The technology doesn’t exist to stop cyber cheaters. Get learnd

• Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Then don’t post if you’re not going to engage.  Stop being ignorant. 

You DO see cheaters in other games!  They’re all over.  Open a news feed once a week.  Then realize that this is a global problem. Cyber criminals have infected way more than just the video game you play. Anyone who demands action against cheaters MUST be clueless as to the state of the world right now.  The technology doesn’t exist to stop cyber cheaters. Get learnd

Then, I shouldnt even talk about this or what. Is that your point or...? Because you didnt suggest anything either.  There are games and games, with more or less security. DayZ is one of those easy to be not detected, and if you are detected and catched, you can just do it again rebuying the game, which is unfair. Thats my point. I dont see cheaters in other games (of course every game has cheaters, but its about the quantity and how easy is to avoid the security)

Cheaters are catched and banned in seconds in other games. But in Dayz we see people cheating everyday, each day more and more. 

Im talking about this, because is a real problem DayZ has right now, is INFECTED. 👍 So its a problem.

Greetings

Edited by ZinMas 101

14 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

. I dont see cheaters in other games

CoD is rife with cheating and that's a major AAA title. All online games have cheaters. As others have said, cheating needs to be addressed but the horse has already bolted unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

At this point, if your game is going to rely on client-based anything, why WOULDN'T you use a Kernal based anti-cheat?  They seem much better at stopping many cheats.  But for DayZ, you have to stop ESP.  ESP running outside of the game itself is HUGELY problematic, I cannot stress that enough.

3 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

CoD is rife with cheating and that's a major AAA title. All online games have cheaters. As others have said, cheating needs to be addressed but the horse has already bolted unfortunately. 

Do you mean Warzone? Yea that game is infected too but I could say you almost dont see cheaters on Valorant, or Battlefield, for example. 

1 hour ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Im try to say that you dont almost see cheaters in other games.

False. Cheaters in games have existed since games existed.
From GTA to Forza to CSGO to World of Tanks to League Of Legends to Battlefield to COD games.

DayZ doesn't have a lot of cheaters, DayZ has an issue where a single cheater can ruin several hours of your gameplay.

• Like 1

Honestly, security isn't even an issue.  All problems are solved with private servers.   The real problem is building code around fighting cheaters instead of straight optimization.  

4 hours ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Then, I shouldnt even talk about this or what. Is that your point or...?

No, it's fine by me if you want to talk about this.  Maybe you don't have to start a new thread every time tho?  

Hardware ID bans is a one shot tactic in the ongoing war on cheaters, which are always 2 steps ahead of the people trying to stop them.  Bad people innovate ways to ruin other people and it always takes time to find a solution and repair the damage.  This has been happening since people have been walking upright.  Companies are being held for ransom for hundreds of millions of dollars.  The U.S. government is also upping their game because cybercriminals are such an issue.  This is way, way beyond the scope of BattleEye, DayZ, and video games.  https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/battle-us-ransomware-hackers-escalating-rcna2129

Basically, if you're complaining about cheaters in video games then you're completely unaware of the world outside of your own xbox.

Please write a nice letter to Putin and Xi Jinping.  Tell them to knock it off.

Edited by Parazight