Kyiara

Stable Update 1.15

1 hour ago, Fing said:

What the fuck, went into a gas area fully kitted and two canisters with a half bar on each.  I only looted half of pavlova and both canisters had run out that is fucking poor what is the point if you cant loot pavlova which is a small place on at least half a canister.  Poor design deves.  

Replacable canisters lasts for 8 minutes, and Combat gas masks last for ~15 minutes.
Looting it fully on half a canister would be OP, there would be no point to have more than 1 canister.

• Confused 1

On 11/23/2021 at 5:22 PM, Derleth said:

I dislike the hit direction indicators not because of realism or whatever, but because they are, plain and simple, ugly and intrusive. To much happening on the screen already, I really don't want red splotches flying around when I'm being smacked about by zombies. So I have them disabled on my servers - and I thank the devs for that option - but that won't help people playing on official servers.

So here's an idea to make this less of a shit sandwhich: Add a client-side toggle too, so players on servers with them enabled can still opt to disable them for themselves. With or without the previous red vignette flash on hit.

And make them default OFF on "hardcore" servers.

POW!

That's about it. (Probably beyond the teams' technical abilities, without breaking the game, though...unfortunately)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fing said:

What the fuck, went into a gas area fully kitted and two canisters with a half bar on each.  I only looted half of pavlova and both canisters had run out that is fucking poor what is the point if you cant loot pavlova which is a small place on at least half a canister.  Poor design deves.  

Kill the hazmat zombies they often have canisters on them

On 11/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Replacable canisters lasts for 8 minutes, and Combat gas masks last for ~15 minutes.
Looting it fully on half a canister would be OP, there would be no point to have more than 1 canister.

Would it be OP! as you are likely to be looting those types of areas multiple times so you would be going through canisters on a regular basis?  With all the hazmat stuff on it's not like you have a lot of storage for the canisters and other items.  I'm certainly not going to be rushing into those areas as it's not like the loot is worth it either.  As I said in an earlier post the game needs balancing and has for a long time, yet the devs seem to think new stuff is more important or so it seems.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Fing said:

With all the hazmat stuff on it's not like you have a lot of storage for the canisters and other items.

That's the point, no a lot of storage so you have to pick and choose. Or bring the biggest backpack you can find along with Assault vest with buttpack and you can easily carry a LOT of stuff.

I honestly think the gas canisters are fine, but I worry that the NBC/gas gameplay loop will get stale...

On 11/29/2021 at 6:36 PM, DefectiveWater said:

I honestly think the gas canisters are fine, but I worry that the NBC/gas gameplay loop will get stale...

agreed. its a known quantity and around a dozen "special" items that spawn there. once you get an NBC suit and done it once, there's no mystery.

UPDATE 1.15 - Hotfix 1 - Version 1.15.154355 (Released on 06.12.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a game crash cause by bad memory handling of particles
  • Fire barrels could despawn when all attachments were removed
  • Inventory attachment slots were not visible on some items while in hands
  • AUR rifles played the reload sound twice when reloading

SERVER

• Fixed: Gameplay settings modifiers for stamina (sprintStaminaModifierErc and sprintStaminaModifierCro) were not working correctly
  • Fixed: Incorrect message handling on loot from the dynamic events (causing excessive flooding of logs)

MODDING

• Fixed: Crash when calling GetGame().ObjectDelete() on a ParticleSource managed by a ParticleManager, it will now ignore the request and output an error
  • Beans 1

On 11/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, ImpulZ said:

Good spot. No, Linux is not on stable yet. Adjusted the changelog. 

Hello, as far as I understand, there is not even an approximate date when the server for the stable version of the game for Linux will appear?
And will it be possible to transfer all players data from the experimental server to the stable server after release?

6 minutes ago, Infernales said:

Hello, as far as I understand, there is not even an approximate date when the server for the stable version of the game for Linux will appear?

There is not.

6 minutes ago, Infernales said:

And will it be possible to transfer all players data from the experimental server to the stable server after release?

In general, transfer of storages and other files between private servers is possible (assuming similar configuration, Experimental/Stable does not make a real difference here).

8 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

In general, transfer of storages and other files between private servers is possible (assuming similar configuration, Experimental/Stable does not make a real difference here).

This is great news. As I understand it, player data is stored in the profile folder?
And the question is: why not create a "linux-beta" branch in Steamworks for the server for the stable version of the game and upload the compiled server for Linux there?
Well, at least this would help in testing, because I know at least 10 people who do not want to play with an experimental client because there is the word "experimental" in the name. And no, I was not kidding.

@ImpulZ @Kyiara   About inertia and physics system, both for players and weapons, I think stamina system it's a good idea but my concern it's about lack of inertia in player movement regarding strafing left/right for me not realistic, sprinting from walking/jogging to running at max speed immediately (without an initial acceleration). And also about guns, I never played 0.62 (I bought Dayz after 0.63)but I'm seeing the diversity for weapon sway between the two versions and I don't know what it's better. What are the plans of dev team for the 2022 about engine and physics? Thanks

• Thanks 1

just want to ask, when the Christmas event will be enabled in 1.15 ?

1 hour ago, endreu said:

just want to ask, when the Christmas event will be enabled in 1.15 ?

It should already be enabled, no? At least on official it should be.

Community servers will need to do it by themselves.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Can you guys make an option to carry Campfire Tripod on your shoulders or as an attachment to backpack? Otherwise this item is kind of useless because of it size. Also can you make an option to stack certain items such as improvised hooks, notes etc... (small items).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Some suggestions from a player who has come back to play from 2 weeks after 1 year of absence:
1) make inventory more optimized and fruitable to interact with all items (dress and backpack)without scrolling down and up;
2) in the inventory after you log in or after server restart, the order of the displayed items on the right doesn't remain the same you put (for example I move rifles on the bottom and after restart are putted again in top of inventory);
3) when you take bullets pressing F, they don't accumulate with other bullets of same caliber already in inventory (but they occupy another slot).

Thanks, hoping for a strong start of 2022 for new updates

I want to make a copy of the "DayZ EU - DE 1297 (1st Person Only)" server, who can tell the configuration config of this server, and I wonder if anyone saw a bear? I haven't heard his roar for a long time!

Other feedback I'm noticing: grass at distance it's not render, so if you look with a scope you can see flat ground, then prone position it's useless.

1.15 is mostly a console patch what should never hit the pc version.

hit indicators ?
random rpm changes ?
random recoil changes ?

The pvp meta is already pretty unhealthy.
Keep the rookie devs with less then 5k hours in this game out of configs...

Don't like FAMAS damage buff. It is not realistic and not needed. Very cool update though. But why did the famas get buffed? Because its rare it should be strong? It doesnt feel right that the little short FAMAS is as strong as a huge M16. I think guns should just have authentic stats not videogamebalanced. I dont like balancing when it comes to DayZ, I want authenticity.

Was there major food changes done in this patch? I know the indicator was fiddled with but it seems that the apple and bottle drain much quicker than before. I've eaten until stuffed and ran around for a bit (half an hour maybe) and there's a gap at the top of my apple already.

That can't be right surely?

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

Was there major food changes done in this patch? I know the indicator was fiddled with but it seems that the apple and bottle drain much quicker than before. I've eaten until stuffed and ran around for a bit (half an hour maybe) and there's a gap at the top of my apple already.

That can't be right surely?

There's this:
"Changed: FoodDecay parameter is now multiplier (instead of 0 - 1 toggle), meaning decay can be made faster or slower, 0 still switches it off"

but besides that nothing in the patch notes (apart from the change to the icon), I'm sure that there was a patch that lowered the max food/energy value tho. So that might have to do with it. It used to be 20k? now it's 7.5k?