Kyiara

Update 1.15 Xbox Experimental (Change Log)

I'll mirror what I've heard many people say about the directional hits. I think it would be better if the directional markers were more generalized, like the shock or damage vignette favoring the side of the screen you got hit from. I used to think this was an arcade-y update, but I'm pretty sure you would be able to tell which side you got hit from IRL too so it works. I just think (and have heard many say) the blood splat image looks a bit cartoony.

I've been playing a lot on experimental xbox one x and the game is running beautifully. I somehow managed to step over an unnoticed grenade tripwire and not set it off going into the house. When I was walking out, I stumbled and sprinted to safety before it blew up. Later on, I was helicopter hunting way out west and it was beautiful. Deep in the crevices and peaks of the hills northwest of Myshkino, then down around Zeleno and saw a crash way out in a field. It was about 400m out and I noticed one of the zombies aggro, and sure enough there was a survivor looking to loot. I took a few pot shots from 400m out with my suppressed pioneer, but never managed to hit him. He actually pulled a pretty decent flank and ended up behind me in the woods, but as I was running back I happened to see him waiting in a tree before he saw me and I got the kill. He had some raw chicken in his inventory so I cooked it in his honor over a campfire overlooking Bor while the rain came down. It was a very atmospheric, low key and quiet play session. This game has come a long way and I'm still enjoying it.

1hbnrjM.png9vICG7Y.png

• Sad 1

On 11/4/2021 at 10:06 AM, Andrewz Darling said:

Instead of AR why don't you create more weather elements like snow.?!

Love the game.

Maybe since they added this new feature we will get the snow in the future. Im really looking to see snow chernarus too.

12 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I'll mirror what I've heard many people say about the directional hits. I think it would be better if the directional markers were more generalized, like the shock or damage vignette favoring the side of the screen you got hit from. I used to think this was an arcade-y update, but I'm pretty sure you would be able to tell which side you got hit from IRL too so it works. I just think (and have heard many say) the blood splat image looks a bit cartoony.

I've been playing a lot on experimental xbox one x and the game is running beautifully. I somehow managed to step over an unnoticed grenade tripwire and not set it off going into the house. When I was walking out, I stumbled and sprinted to safety before it blew up. Later on, I was helicopter hunting way out west and it was beautiful. Deep in the crevices and peaks of the hills northwest of Myshkino, then down around Zeleno and saw a crash way out in a field. It was about 400m out and I noticed one of the zombies aggro, and sure enough there was a survivor looking to loot. I took a few pot shots from 400m out with my suppressed pioneer, but never managed to hit him. He actually pulled a pretty decent flank and ended up behind me in the woods, but as I was running back I happened to see him waiting in a tree before he saw me and I got the kill. He had some raw chicken in his inventory so I cooked it in his honor over a campfire overlooking Bor while the rain came down. It was a very atmospheric, low key and quiet play session. This game has come a long way and I'm still enjoying it.

1hbnrjM.png9vICG7Y.png

There are certain situations where you wont be able to tell where a shot came from. I feel the directional marker should only show upon receiving melee and explosive damage. Since as you said you would know anyhow just use the red vignette affect you were saying and drop the accurate blood splat.

Edited by BushWookie_244
Mispelling +sentence

2 hours ago, BushWookie_244 said:

There are certain situations where you wont be able to tell where a shot came from. I feel the directional marker should only show upon receiving melee and explosive damage. Since as you said you would know anyhow just use the red vignette affect you were saying and drop the accurate blood splat.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm lucky enough to have never been shot so I don't know if you can tell where you get shot from IRL, it's purely a guess on my part. Directional markers for melee would make sense, though unfortunately I feel that's the situation where it matters the least. It's not usual that you get hit by melee attack and think "where did that come from?" lol.

Dear survivors, community managers and devs,

As we all know "DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic...." and that is why we chose and love it.

Introducing ANY directional hit markers / indicators when being hit will change our experience and gameplay for all of us (even if players could disabled it in menu) as indicators will give immediate hint from what direction shot came (no matter of on screen size and time).

Attacked player will cover / hide immediately against shot direction which will result in a long and short distance ambushes / encounters being less effective for ambushing side as survivors will not look around or use weapon sounds (core game mechanic) to pin shot direction. Using gun sound to pin shot direction takes little time and introduces mistake factor (seen it and did it) which gives advantage for shooter. With directional hit markers that factor will not be an advantage anymore. 

It can take two shots to know shooter position but with directional hit markers will only take one and it will not matter anymore if suppressed or not weapon has been used. Another core element of the game, use of suppressed weapons and suppressors will be affected.

Casual PS4 survivor @ DE 0849
This is DayZ, this is my story.

Edited by Pew_Pew_Pew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hazrdus said:

Could you guys hot patch on the lighting when zoomed.

People have been asking for it for years, so I would think not.

Out of all of the bugs, I think this should be a priority one if possible. Night time is a big part of DayZ.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 12:05 PM, DefectiveWater said:

People have been asking for it for years, so I would think not.

Out of all of the bugs, I think this should be a priority one if possible. Night time is a big part of DayZ.

Probably not going to happen. From what I understand the new engine is literally unable to render light correctly when zoomed so they would have to change the engine to fix the lighting issue. Same thing for the stunning skies it used to have.  Hell I'd be down for that though. DayZ with hitmarkers and all this stuff to simplify the experience has completely changed the game anyway so why not tear it all back down and start new again? I miss ragdoll physics, beautiful fire lit houses, crazy combat randomness, too much to list honestly. It's all much more structured, easy, and boring now.

There is an issue with certain doors now where they have been locked but infected are walking through the closed door. Will post a video as this happened in Zeleno military when infected started pouring into a shut building.

12 hours ago, Lord Huron Blackheart said:

There is an issue with certain doors now where they have been locked but infected are walking through the closed door. Will post a video as this happened in Zeleno military when infected started pouring into a shut building.

Yeah I've experienced that too in this patch. Anybody having any luck finding Aug mags? I've been to several crashes and found 3 augs no mag yet. All mili bases too. Kinda disappointed it doesn't just share the same mag as the m4 like it used to

Im so hyped for the base building side of things! Can finally secure a building the way you want and not stuggle putting fence kits down what a huge update tysm devss

16 hours ago, Lord Huron Blackheart said:

4 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Yeah I've experienced that too in this patch.

A video would be appreciated indeed. With "locked", do you mean you used a lock pick, or did you just close the door? Do you know if the door was just locked before the infected passed through, or if there might've been a server restart in between?

Xbox Experimental 1.15 Update 3 - Version 1.15.154337 (Released on 19.11.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Focus was lost in the inventory when navigating through the inventory of an infected
  • Charcoal tablets were functioning only for a very short time
  • The fishing rod was not animated properly when deployed
  • AUR variants had the same barrel length
  • CR-61 had missing muzzle flash particles at the start of shooting
  • It was not possible to switch on the flashlight when attached to a helmet
  • There was no sound when unloading a magazine from AUR rifles

CHANGED

• Adjusted attachment conditions for head gear, glasses, head straps and masks to make equipping more consistent
  • Closed containers won't show their cargo space anymore
  • Increased water and energy consumption (still non-linear in nature)
  • Further increased time it takes the stomach to process its contents
  • Adjusted the size of the inner circle of the AUR A1 reticle to match person at 300 meters
  • Splash hit effect iteration (more subtle, slightly bigger, and less accurate)
  • Legacy red overlay hit effect disabled (still possible to enable it through the configuration)
  • Increased volume of reload sounds of AUR rifles
  • An empty fireplace (with no attachments) would not destroy itself if it had cargo (now results in dropping items on the ground)

SERVER

• Added: Configuration for the onscreen directional effects into the server-side gameplay settings
  • Added: More types of onscreen directional indicators (available through the server-side gameplay settings)

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

A video would be appreciated indeed. With "locked", do you mean you used a lock pick, or did you just close the door? Do you know if the door was just locked before the infected passed through, or if there might've been a server restart in between?

Used a lock pick on a closed door and a zombie came through. I wish I got it on video, there was no server restart in between. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Give us a shorter version of the fence/gate. It'd be a lot better to secure houses and sheds.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

16 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Aye, I have a video link:

https://youtu.be/J_aVhSSyOXE

The door would have been locked before I entered the room. I closed the other doors but noticed that one zombie walked through it (just before this video) so I ran to check it was shut. It was and it didn’t even open (shown in video) but infected kept coming through regardless.

Edited by Lord Huron Blackheart
Added additional detail