Kyiara

1.15 Experimental Release

Please explain further on the directional hit. I m pretty worried about that. 

When you get shot you should only know where to get hit by the noise and maybe your blood.

That's my opinion

Don’t agree with the directional hit markers, you have enough feedback through sound. It’s simply not the game for that to be added. 

• Thanks 1

If you are skeptical about directional hit indicators, I highly recommend to download the Experimental branch, try it out, and then give us feedback. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Thoroughly looking forward to the options given to community server owners, great changes especially for console. 

After playing experimental, I'm not a fan of the hit marker. Seems a bit arcady to me, I'll echo what was mentioned above that DayZ is not the game for that. Other than that, looks like it will be the best update of 2021.

We are looking forward to the update on shared regular servers.

UI indicator when being hit

This looks and feels ugly, cheap and comic-like. Fits Fortnite than hardcore survival game. And many others also do not like at all (see reddit comments) If you want to insert this against the will of the regular players. then make it at least deactivatable for 1PP server

• Like 3

"It takes longer for water and energy to be processed from stomach contents."
It's great, I've dreamed about it for a long time! But is it possible to configure these parameters by yourself? I just can`t find it.

Well first thing that I noticed on the server side was that my FPS went from about 150 to just about 1500 on my Debian VM.  I logged in and FPS went up and not down.  I am soooo excited about this.   Please keep the Linux development up, that was a huge jump and I look forward to running the server on a Linux Distro instead of Windows!!!

I had 3 of us play on a Debian 11 box with the 1.14 build and didn't have any issues, we will get ready to run on 1.15 next and see how things are coming along.  Is there a Linux thread that we can report anything we find or just submit a bug report directly?  Does any of the Linux people want to start a Linux Server thread?

Edited by dogdays
  • Like 2

Very strongly disagree with the directional hit indicator. We have our eyes and ears for that. Even if it doesn't work perfectly, it's still more skill based as well as weighs heavily on each players situational awareness. You guys don't hold players hands, why start doing that now? This is a step in the wrong direction. EVERYTHING else in this patch is awesome and great job, but this particular thing isn't the way to go about this topic, it's too much like an arcade game. Adding an onscreen bleed effect around the perimeter of the screen is a good idea, I play without HUD and would love this.

• Like 3
  • Beans 2

We shouldnt get more guns (definitely no sawed off Famas, what nonsense is that) or hit indicators. 

We should get; 

The bow obviously 🙂

Better AI pathing, better character controller, better collision, better cars, less clipping of items, better light sourcing etc. 

stop adding more pew pew and focus on improving whats allready there. 

• Beans 1

Very strongly disagree with the directional hit indicator. We have our eyes and ears for that. Even if it doesn't work perfectly, it's still more skill based as well as weighs heavily on each players situational awareness. You guys don't hold players hands, why start doing that now? This is a step in the wrong direction. EVERYTHING else in this patch is awesome and great job, but this particular thing isn't the way to go about this topic, it's too much like an arcade game. Adding an onscreen bleed effect around the perimeter of the screen is a good idea, I play without HUD and would love this.

Please join the effort to provide feedback on twitter and the feedback page 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161755

8 hours ago, McWendy said:

We shouldnt get more guns (definitely no sawed off Famas, what nonsense is that) or hit indicators. 

We should get; 

The bow obviously 🙂

Better AI pathing, better character controller, better collision, better cars, less clipping of items, better light sourcing etc. 

stop adding more pew pew and focus on improving whats allready there. 

You should go look at what's in the actual patch before you criticise it. The sawed off famas has part of the carry handle chopped off to make a better sight picture.

• Beans 1

Will there be a wipe with this update moving to stable?

The hit indicator feels so out of place and just doesn't fit DayZ. It really feels like this is just catering to more casual players. I know myself and many other players find enjoyment figuring out and pin pointing where we are getting shot from. If you give me a hit indicator then that takes away that aspect of the game. Big step in the wrong direction if you ask me. There’s no point in setting up a ambush now because literally the person will just know the direction you shot from and more than likely will just kill you because of that. Please don't implement this to the game. Sadly if it does get implemented I can see a bunch of people stop playing the game all together or just finding a server that doesn't use it. which I imagine all of them will. I never leave feedback for any games but I went out of my way to leave one for this patch. DayZ is a phenomenal game please don't ruin it with this feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AnInnocentChimp said:

You should go look at what's in the actual patch before you criticise it. The sawed off famas has part of the carry handle chopped off to make a better sight picture.

ADDED

AUR A1 assault rifle

AUR AX assault rifle

30rd AUR magazine

Hunter vest

Craftable barbed wire baseball bat

::: Craftable Sawed-off LE-MAS ::: 

doesn't say that does it? Dont be snarky

Really liking all the additions in this patch, save for the hit indicators.

I do like the idea of having a directional hit indicator that lets you know exactly where the hit came from, but the way they've been implemented is way too cartoonish and "game-y", totally dissonant with the tone of the game. Im sure there are better ways to implement this concept. 

• Beans 1

Very nice update, and so quick! Nice!

Hit indicator: In 9 years of playing DayZ i never thought hmmm if only i had a hit indicator. You either see or hear the attacker or he is silenced so that you shouldnt have much of an indication where he is at. I don't think i would instantly know irl where i got shot from within one second. Also it is immersion ruining cartoon blood in your eyes. That's not how blood squirting into your eyes would look like, so it cannot be explained by realism. If i made some cool DayZ video the last thing I would want is some unnecessary blood effect in the camera distracting from cool shots. It completely takes me out of the immersion of the game, a HUD element that is unneeded, unrealistic, doesnt fit a hardcore authentic anti-arcade baby handholding DayZ and literally thrown in your face.

If the devs decide to go with the indicator to simulate feeling where you get hit from they should definetly have the current vignette shock effect altered a bit, make the vignette deformed into the direction the damage came from. But don't do it I dont want hit indicators.

Other than that: Very good job! I love the sawed off LEMAS.

TLDR: REEEEEEEEE!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

ADDED

AUR A1 assault rifle

AUR AX assault rifle

30rd AUR magazine

Hunter vest

Craftable barbed wire baseball bat

::: Craftable Sawed-off LE-MAS ::: 

doesn't say that does it? Dont be snarky

Yes, it does say that, but you clearly haven't played the experimental patch or seen any videos/posts documenting detailed changes.

Criticism is only helpful if it's informed.

• Beans 1

28 minutes ago, AnInnocentChimp said:

Yes, it does say that, but you clearly haven't played the experimental patch or seen any videos/posts documenting detailed changes.

Criticism is only helpful if it's informed.

So it doesn't say that but can only be seen ingame?. 

And no I Just base my information on what I Read on this forum. The official forum. 

Criticism is justified from experiences. Especially when its communicated poorly. 

Looks like "house of the dead" from 1996, you just need to add the red teeth marks in the middle of the screen. Well done , you managed to go backwards 25 years. Please ,please don't add this! It is absolutely terrible. 

• Like 1

What light users need is a tutorial. not a hit indicators. also, more language support

On 11/5/2021 at 3:44 AM, wildzero said:

This looks and feels ugly, cheap and comic-like. Fits Fortnite than hardcore survival game. And many others also do not like at all (see reddit comments) If you want to insert this against the will of the regular players. then make it at least deactivatable for 1PP server

I support. Stupidity in the form of an indicator is needed by children and schoolchildren, but adults who do not need it at all play this game.