Sign in to follow this  
Nolhek

"Your latency is too high"

I am having the problem that from the three servers I play I am being kicked off each 5 to 30 minutes with the message, "Warning (0x00040008). You were kicked off the game. Your latency is too high". I join again and get kicked again. It's been happening for 10 days.

I am in Western Europe and two of those servers are hosted in England and one in the Czech Republic. I have been playing DayZ since 2018 when I bought it and more specifically I have played in those servers since more than two years ago, and I have never had any problem. Those are community servers. I have not changed my computer, nor reinstalled Windows or DayZ, nor changed ISP... all is the same. I have heard that there has been a BattleEye update along the 1.13 patch, but I am not sure about it. Likewise, I have tried in a different computer with my brother's account and happens the same.

It's been happening since July 14th, one day after the 1.13 update. The 13th I played three or four hours with a friend and everything was as before, but on the 14th I verified files in Steam and then started happening, although it could be a coincidence. I have tested it every day with the same results, being kicked off each 5 to 30 minutes of playing.

I have made three calls to my ISP, each one longer than the previous, and they check everything, download speed, latency... and say everything is right. I live in a city, not in a rural area... I don't know what else to do to be able to play in those servers. It happens the same to a friend that lives far away from me, in other country. I have seen in those servers' communities that other people are having the same problem and never had it before, also from all of Europe. While playing, I did a WinMTR and ping with CMD to the server I was playing and to google.com, the latency showed correct, no lag spikes, but I was kicked anyway with sometimes the message of BattleEye showing huge latency like 400 or 500 something. DayZ is the only game I play, if this keeps happening probably I will stop playing since I cannot play like this as you would understand. Getting kicked each 5 to 10, or to 30 minutes is no way to play, even more if I have to make a queue... By the way, if I make a latency test to any of those servers, I have about 50 ms at most.

Here is the link to the ticked in the Feedback Tracker: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159885

• The servers administrators haven't changed anything;
  • but I see that other people are having this same problem as never before they had.
  • My ISP says everything is correct.
  • I have check that my computer or house is not using Internet for any other thing.
  • Started happening since 1.13 update, 10 days already.
  • BattleEye updated too?

I have been "investigating" and trying different things all these 10 days without any luck. Please, @ImpulZ could you tell me if there could be anything related to the new update or BattleEye or the Steam player track system that might affect to connection?

Apologies for the long post; I tried to tell everything. Also, since it has been 10 days and I have tried many things, I don't know what else to do than to write here and make a ticket.

In summary:

• I am being kicked each 5 to 30 minutes of playing.
  • I am playing from Western Europe, and the community servers that kick me are two located in England and one in the Czech Republic.
  • These servers are two vanilla in Chernarus, and one modded Namalsk.
  • I have been playing those servers since more than two years ago without any problem.
  • I have been playing DayZ since 2018 without any problem.
  • I have not changed my computer, nor reinstalled Windows or DayZ, nor changed ISP.
  • I have tried in a different computer with a different account, yielding the same results.
  • I have this issue since July 14th, one day after the 1.13 update. The 14th morning, I verified files.
  • I have always been using the official launcher.
  • I have seen in those servers' communities that other people are having the same problem and never had it before.
  • I have called my ISP three times, and they have checked that everything is correct, including latency.
  • I live in a city, not in a rural area. I have fiber internet with 300 MB upload/download. About 50 ms at most to said servers.
  • I did a WinMTR and a continuous ping with CMD to the server and to google.com, while playing and the latency showed correct. No lag spikes. But got kicked.
  • I have had the BattleEye kick message showing more than 400 or 500 ms.
Edited by Nolhek

I have found a workaround that has worked for me. For anyone interested, check the link to the ticket in the previous message where I posted what I did.

Edited by Nolhek