Kyiara

Console Update 1.13

Hey B !

Thanks for this update !

but I play on Dayz role-playing servers too, the role-playing communities would like to have new clothes, new gestures, more craft... etc..

well, new things in accordance with the role-playing on Dayz 🙏

Thanks

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Thanks for letting us know. It seems like that these sound issues (e.g. gunshots) are only related to Xbox One or maybe even only to Series X/S...

Btw, is the performance on PS4 any better than before? I can remember that DayZ ran pretty bad most of the time on my PS4-Pro and even on my PS5 I still encountered those annoying freeze lags while driving cars + some render issues. On my Series X its a night and day experience compared to PS4-Pro and even PS5, even if DayZ it still runs far from being perfect. I think a proper next-gen version of DayZ is needed for optimal performance on current gen consoles (PS5, Series X/S).

the game seems to be running way better now on my ps4 🤷‍♂️ no idea how.

4 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

the game seems to be running way better now on my ps4 🤷‍♂️ no idea how.

Well it could be related to the wipe (no huge bases/stashes atm) or maybe they actually optimized the render/streaming system for consoles. As nothing is mentioned in the patch notes I guess the current performance is mostly related to the wipe(s).

What about server performance? I've only played official so far but it seems to run pretty good right now (no stuck AI, laggy players, delayed interactions). I hope that the performance stays like this...

• Like 1

The zombies are fucking aids. Every swing you get hit. Thanks for adding a hit box to the arms and not testing it with your new screaming military officer. 

I love day z but damn it's almost been 10 years since the game has been out and it still feels like a Day 1 release. 

I do wonder if the Day Z team tests their patches before public release.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, SillyJoe said:

Thanks for letting us know. It seems like that these sound issues (e.g. gunshots) are only related to Xbox One or maybe even only to Series X/S...

Btw, is the performance on PS4 any better than before? I can remember that DayZ ran pretty bad most of the time on my PS4-Pro and even on my PS5 I still encountered those annoying freeze lags while driving cars + some render issues. On my Series X its a night and day experience compared to PS4-Pro and even PS5, even if DayZ it still runs far from being perfect. I think a proper next-gen version of DayZ is needed for optimal performance on current gen consoles (PS5, Series X/S).

I have noticed marked improvement playing dayz on my ps4 slim, I've ran around topolin and yes I've experienced sound popping and lag here and there also a few rendering issues but it's nowhere near as bad as before 1.13, could this be a result of duping being fixed? meaning no massive silly bases dotted around with 50 LARS and VSDS stashed inside with duped tents and such. I even drove a gunter from zalesie last night, around the edge of topolin and didn't get a single game freeze and that was on a medium pop server. definitely plays better for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

I have noticed marked improvement playing dayz on my ps4 slim, I've ran around topolin and yes I've experienced sound popping and lag here and there also a few rendering issues but it's nowhere near as bad as before 1.13, could this be a result of duping being fixed? meaning no massive silly bases dotted around with 50 LARS and VSDS stashed inside with duped tents and such. I even drove a gunter from zalesie last night, around the edge of topolin and didn't get a single game freeze and that was on a medium pop server. definitely plays better for me.

Yeah, I've just spent four hours on livonia with no issues. Got into a clumsy firefight and no issues with frame rate. Really enjoying this update

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, I've just spent four hours on livonia with no issues. Got into a clumsy firefight and no issues with frame rate. Really enjoying this update

what platform are you playing on? 

5 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

Xbox one. An old one! With an external hard drive. 

16 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

The frame is more bad on dis update then the last for us on Series X. When you go in the woods, close to green mountain and more the frame drops. Still frame drop in scopes. And no fix on the inventory that you have to log to fix it, ads and not able to shot. Still waiting for the 1000 log in and out achievement. Player get claimed for combatlog when you have to log out to be able to shoot and use rags. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 3:13 AM, SillyJoe said:

There seems to be serious sound issues on Xbox (e.g. Gunshots are super weird). I wonder if its only happening on Series X...? I'm playing on Series X with the new Microsoft Wireless Headset and I have a lot of trouble locating gunshots since 1.13. Sometimes a gunshot which is 10-15m away from me sounds like if it's 1km away. This stuff def needs to be addressed.

I wonder if re downloading the whole game + deleting save file (local + cloud) could fix some of the audio issues and I also wonder if people on PS4/5 don't have audio issues with 1.13? I've sold my PS5 a while ago so I cannot test if the audio issues aren't present on Playstation.

Oh and it would be nice if a couple of Xbox players could let them know via twitter that we need a toggle VOIP ON/OFF feature on Xbox like on the Playstation... It should be a simple thing for the devs to implement.

Btw, It would be also nice if we get some feedback/acknowledgment from BI in the console section. It seems like that no one cares about us console players in this forum 😞

That would be some good news!!! I never duped or wanted to dupe anything so I can't not verify is they fixed this game breaking exploit but kudos to them if the actually did this time!

Yeah something is not right with the sound maybe just on the X. And the wolf thing. I wonder if it’s a bug when you give yourself blood that you get knocked out or something but the circle was not fully finished. Like the glitch when you use the Defibrillation you was knocked out for life 🤣🤦🏼‍♂️
I knocked that I have a chances to survive if I stop the bleeding and get the medicine because you get sick after four minutes from a cut and you use dirty racks. But instead I got DayZ fucked.

And yes we need more feedback from the devs. 

Edited by Snake14180

1 minute ago, Snake14180 said:

Yeah something is not right with the sound maybe just on the X.

There is going to be a Hotfix today for the sound issues. Other than that there is literally no feedback or acknowledgement regarding any other console related issues. E.g. no word about the "ADS sensitivity issue" and nothing about "VOIP toggle ON/OFF on Xbox". The missing toggle VOIP ON/OFF option on Xbox makes absolutely no sense as it's already implemented in the PlayStation build.

• Like 1

Xbox Update 1.13 Hotfix 1 Version 1.13.154066

FIXED

• Directional audio was not functional on Xbox consoles
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Xbox Update 1.13 Hotfix 1 Version 1.13.154066

FIXED

• Directional audio was not functional on Xbox consoles

Great, now please fix the ADS sensitivity bug/glitch and finally add the VOIP ON/OFF option to Xbox. Thanks...

On 7/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It was pretty well publicised on here and twitter

I don't use twitter. I'm here today to check on the new small update, so, I only come here when there's an update. I saw in one update they did an in game message? I know they can message in the modded/private lobbies. It could be immersion breaking for some players, but perhaps for big updates they could put out a message of wipes. No big deal. I didn't lost a base or anything that time intensive. Someone who had a base and was fully set up would be a little more annoyed at no warning. They just fresh spawn in, they'd be livid. Anyways, Ill go see if there's anything posted about this current patch.

13 minutes ago, Crankgorilla said:

I don't use twitter. I'm here today to check on the new small update, so, I only come here when there's an update. I saw in one update they did an in game message? I know they can message in the modded/private lobbies. It could be immersion breaking for some players, but perhaps for big updates they could put out a message of wipes. No big deal. I didn't lost a base or anything that time intensive. Someone who had a base and was fully set up would be a little more annoyed at no warning. They just fresh spawn in, they'd be livid. Anyways, Ill go see if there's anything posted about this current patch.

I gather it was also mentioned in in-game messages but I can't confirm this as I have messages turned off. 

I suppose one way to look at it is that warning makes little difference. You still lose everything right? 

Is it just me or has the hot fix broken the suppressors not alerting zombies? Anytime I use my suppressed pistol around zombies now they all alert. Used to take three shots. Is this deliberate? Or is it just me with this issue?

On 7/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, Snake14180 said:

The frame is more bad on dis update then the last for us on Series X. When you go in the woods, close to green mountain and more the frame drops. Still frame drop in scopes. And no fix on the inventory that you have to log to fix it, ads and not able to shot. Still waiting for the 1000 log in and out achievement. Player get claimed for combatlog when you have to log out to be able to shoot and use rags. 

I can confirm that we still have serious fps issues on Series X (some areas are even worse since 1.13!), which (in my opinion) speaks for the low/bad optimization status of DayZ on consoles. Sure we do run the One X Version of DayZ on our Series X consoles but we shouldn't suffer from these kind of frame drops on a powerful and capable console like the Series X. VRR or Freesync can help a little bit but you need a HDMI2.1 or Freesync capable TV/Monitor to use these options. I do play in 1440p@120Hz@Freesync and I still notice serious fps drops in many areas + hunting scope...

We do need a proper next-gen version of DayZ for Series S/X and PS5 I'm sure if the devs are capable to release such a version. I can only speak for myself but I would be more than willing to beta/insider test such a version on my Series X and report Daily and/or Weekly to the devs about any issues. I would be also willing to sign an NDA and I'm pretty sure that Microsoft would be more than happy to support BI in terms of a next-gen version of DayZ. Xbox Insider would be the perfect way to widely test such a version!

BI/The devs should have the tools to optimize DayZ for Xbox Series S/X as Microsoft made it kinda easy for devs to optimize games for the Series consoles! A next-gen Xbox Series S/X version of DayZ would be a good start for BI and I'm sure that PS5 players would also benefit from it in the long-run!

• Thanks 1

Console Update 1.13 Hotfix 2 Version1.13.154075 

CHANGED

• Reduced maximum attack range of infected by 20%
  • Adjusted attack ranges for various infected attacks
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

pls FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE INGAME VOICE RANGE !!!!!!!!!!!! its not possible to change the range with the controller. i run next week a new server with only ingame voice and that a is a big issue if  u cant switch the voice range !

• Beans 1

Solid update!

+Infected changes, +Plate carrier choice, +Attachment differentiation.

Can plate carrier be repaired to pristine condition?

One negative: Consistently massive lag when driving in Krasnostav square, Novodmitrovsk near small bridge over canal on West side of industrial area, Zelenogorsk near military on main road. (I’m on PS4, 1pp server) Magnified by gun shots by factor of 2 or 3. Not salty, but I know I could have escaped a death or two if the game were not one frame every 3-7 seconds. 

On the same topic, I was driving and getting shot at earlier this year and saw a bullet make a mark on the pavement in front of me after it cracked past my head as I was doing my best to make evasive maneuvers. It was an awesome experience in DayZ!

Please change zoom button to R3 / RS click. @Kyiara

On 7/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, ShallowTech said:

I heard some guys in a party yesterday complaining that duping was fixed 😉 So hopefully that is the case, it will really balance out the game for those that play fair and with out cheating!

I can confirm this. My one homie crosses over to 1pp to run with me, otherwise he is with a group on a 3pp server. He was telling me that group used to dupe, but they were now saying their methods no longer work.

Thank you B.I.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, laas unltd said:

pls FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE INGAME VOICE RANGE !!!!!!!!!!!! its not possible to change the range with the controller. i run next week a new server with only ingame voice and that a is a big issue if  u cant switch the voice range !

Imagine being an Xbox player that can't even Toggle Voip ON by double clicking dpad down twice: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159930

Anyway I think this limitation is related to the controller layout and the devs didn't know where to place this function. If you attach Mouse and Keyboard on console you can change the voip range afaik (it obv. only works on MnK servers)...

On 7/30/2021 at 1:08 PM, SillyJoe said:

Imagine being an Xbox player that can't even Toggle Voip ON by double clicking dpad down twice: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159930

Anyway I think this limitation is related to the controller layout and the devs didn't know where to place this function. If you attach Mouse and Keyboard on console you can change the voip range afaik (it obv. only works on MnK servers)...

hold d-pad down And press A is in my opinion a good choice to change the voicerange . But thanks i tried that with the keyboard and its working  , that helps a little bit .thx.

BTW in the dark, there are often fps drops on the series X with active light. I wonder if this is a problem on the hardware side or , the dayz engine pulls down the fps? its weird sometimes i run with a lot of light through towns and forrests with no fps drops but then i enter a area and  fps goes down, and there is no base or similar in the vicinity.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 11:18 PM, laas unltd said:

BTW in the dark, there are often fps drops on the series X with active light. I wonder if this is a problem on the hardware side or , the dayz engine pulls down the fps?

I guess it's somewhat related to poor optimization... That's why we need a proper next-gen version for Series X/PS5!