lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.13 (Changelog)

There is no need to disinfect anything other then dirty rags, sewing kits when Stitching and grown food. 

3 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

Water containers can be contagious, which is why it was possible to disinfect them, if you do not do this, you will get sick sooner or later. It's immediately obvious that you're a noob if you don't know this

Oh.  I see.  Water containers can not be contagious. 

Like what DefectiveWater alluded to.  You don't actually disinfect the container.  You disinfect the liquid.  Which is why I always dump out new containers. When they are empty, they become clean.  Additionally, you can fill up containers with gasoline, empty them, then fill again with water.  All without getting sick.  

• Thanks 1

https://dayz.fandom.com/wiki/Cholera

"(...)Drinking from contaminated Plastic Bottles and Canteens used by players already infected with Cholera.(...)" - it's about that possibility, which is real. Was in that situation way too many times myself. From plastic bottles (vanilla) to plastic barrels (modded).

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Oh.  I see.  Water containers can not be contagious. 

Like what DefectiveWater alluded to.  You don't actually disinfect the container.  You disinfect the liquid.  Which is why I always dump out new containers. When they are empty, they become clean.  Additionally, you can fill up containers with gasoline, empty them, then fill again with water.  All without getting sick.  

Previously, empty bottles and flasks were always disenfected, now this is not possible. I'm not just saying , we specifically tested, you can get sick if you drink from a dirty flask and bottle. It's just obvious that the inability to disinfect is a bug

15 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

Previously, empty bottles and flasks were always disenfected, now this is not possible. I'm not just saying , we specifically tested, you can get sick if you drink from a dirty flask and bottle. It's just obvious that the inability to disinfect is a bug

Currently there is no such mechanic than "dirty flasks/bottles/containers" in the vanilla game.

Only the liquid inside can be dirty, or unhealthy, not the container itself.

As long as you empty the container that you pick up and fill it with clean water from the well, you won't get sick. No need to disinfect or clean anything in that regard.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

Please buff shotguns

shotguns need buff

in 1.12 they became useless against vests

make it 1 tap to every vest die/uncoun

Buckshot ammo must be best

I shooted someone 2-3 times but he did not died,,

10 hours ago, Metin2001 said:

Please buff shotguns

shotguns need buff

in 1.12 they became useless against vests

make it 1 tap to every vest die/uncoun

Buckshot ammo must be best

I shooted someone 2-3 times but he did not died,,

They dont need a "buff" maybe their range damage needs to be adjusted.

They work really well in close range as they should do. 

One tap with a shotgun? Do you even know what buckshot is? Offcourse a vest can take pellets. Even without a vest you can survive a shotgun shot if not all pellets hit and the distance is too big. 

In fairness, my experience with shotguns has always been pretty wild and uncertain. One moment they'll take down someone/something. The next, it seemingly does no damage at all, irrespective of range. The pump action being the worst offender of them. I just won't touch it nowadays. In fact, if I run with any shotgun, it'll be the double barrel and that's only until I can ditch it at the first opportunity. There's a pretty good chance that two barrels close range will bring down the target. Although I blasted some guy (unarmoured) on the stairs of a piano house at point blank and he was still alive.  🤨

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

In fairness, my experience with shotguns has always been pretty wild and uncertain. One moment they'll take down someone/something. The next, it seemingly does no damage at all, irrespective of range. The pump action being the worst offender of them. I just won't touch it nowadays. In fact, if I run with any shotgun, it'll be the double barrel and that's only until I can ditch it at the first opportunity. There's a pretty good chance that two barrels close range will bring down the target. Although I blasted some guy (unarmoured) on the stairs of a piano house at point blank and he was still alive.  🤨

You Just need to use the rifle slugs. Rest dont bother with rubber or buckshot. 😉

Rifle slugs??? With my aim????

I might as well just run around in me underwear and freeze to death.

• Haha 1

PC Experimental 1.13 Update 5: Version1.13.154080 (Released on 30.07.2021)

CHANGED

• It is no longer possible to query for the player list through Steam
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lynn.zaw said:

PC Experimental 1.13 Update 5: Version1.13.154080 (Released on 30.07.2021)

CHANGED

• It is no longer possible to query for the player list through Steam

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159885

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/251151-your-latency-is-too-high/

will be fixed? When?