lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.13 (Changelog)

1 hour ago, cookoff013 said:

Anyone noticed a change in guns / accueacy ?

I didn't notice anything, but I didn't have ANY PVP encounters and I've been playing 1.13 for quite a bit (although 1pp hardcore servers, which are sadly low pop)

As 1.13 is still experimental, many things might change, or it might stay the way it is... but, I guess I like it that attachments now do something, now can M4 without sights get massive nerf pls?

But Wobo made a video about the new attachment buffs, and apparently they are huge.
All credits to Wobo, the man, the myth, the legend.

Edited by DefectiveWater

are you guys having trouble with the character after they pickup a sarka wheel and look at the wheel hub and left-click to attach? the trouble my guy has is after she attaches the wheel they are stuck walking around like they are still burdened with the wheel and can't pick anything up. I am stupid and don't know how to clear the state without relogging maybe if someone beats the shit out of me and I get knocked out the I'm-carrying-something-heavy state would be cleared. if i attach the wheel using the inventory it works ok and my character returns to normal.

dave- put in a ticket.

defective accuracy.- yeah wobo is a great source of info. it was that youtube clip i watched. i still think they should have guns go inaccurate when they get damaged and ammo too, but thats just nit picking. 

^

I think they do lose accuracy when damaged? At least that was my impression. They jam more that's for sure.

Dayz is the worst and best game ever. 

Cant say in real life i am ever happy about finding cat food.

I still think the guns should be phenominal lethal. I mean a .223 should uin anyones afternoon. As well as those cr app y .380acp. Good conceal and carry.

bears and wolfs can attack you even when you are inside a car and doors are closed

• Sad 1

i wish there was some kind of feature that when u get Disconnected from the server by any reason. then u have some kind of count down time lets say for like 30 sec. if it passes 30 sec then the server put u on queue

otherwise u get reconnected to the server without waiting in the queue

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, Mosi2142 said:

i wish there was some kind of feature that when u get Disconnected from the server by any reason. then u have some kind of count down time lets say for like 30 sec. if it passes 30 sec then the server put u on queue

otherwise u get reconnected to the server without waiting in the queue

Not a bad suggestion at all. It will definately be a QoL improvement for some, but I doubt this would be a priority.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 2:16 AM, ImpulZ said:

Can you give us more information on this please, when is it happening (e.g. after falling uncon or so)?

I get a bugged where if I run for a bit and try to quick raise my weapon I get dysynced and have to reraise my weapon. I noticed if you just keep running, in say a official server, and try to raise it every now and then you get semi stuck in place.

On 19/06/2021 at 00:24, mobbie said:

Fps é bom por agora, mas até chegar mais perto da cidade você pode ver enormes quedas de fps ficam piores na cidade antes deste eu tenho 16 gb de vram e 32 gb de ddr4 a 3600 mhz este pc não é de todo baixo

ryzen 5600x
asus rog crosshair viii hero (wi-fi) amd x570
rx 6800 xt aorus master
32gb Gskill rgb CL16 3600mhz
1TB P1 nvme 1x 2TB MX500s

Teve melhor fps executando um 2080ti nas mesmas configurações máximas em 1440. lembre-se de que o 2080ti é% 48 mais lento do que um rx 6800xt

I set up my new pc with 16 ram and an m.2 and I'm playing with the integrated video card.. my fps is still 23 around, exactly identical to my old video card, the only difference is that it doesn't crash or lag anymore not once when i'm in town, or random crashes. I needed to go up to the next generation level (apart from the graphics card) to be able to play a 2013 game :l

PC Experimental 1.13 Update 4: Version1.13.154075 (Released on 26.07.2021)

CHANGED

• Reduced maximum attack range of infected by 20%
  • Adjusted attack ranges for various infected attacks
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

CHANGED

Dont think 20% Will be enough, but a step in the good direction.

Better make it 50%

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

CHANGED

How about bringing back the ability to disinfect water containers?

True - we don't know anything about water containers. We just pick them up from the ground. These things need to be cleansed first. And just as McWendy suggests, we need this range right on a mark. Infected attack with their arms, so range should be as long.

• Like 2

I'm genuinely sorry for asking here for a feature request but could we combine sewing/leather kits? It's so frustrating to have 3 stacks of 25% sewing kits

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

the reduction is not close to being enough, the zombies hit you from 1.5m away, please reduce it.

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, Kyiara said:

I think that 20% is about right.  That said, I believe that there are better options to adjust melee combat.  

So if the backstab isn't an option because you've aggroed your target, then your best option is to block in a 1v1 situation with a zed.  All attacks can be blocked now.  This is critical.  If you're blocking then the attack range of infected isn't nearly as important.  I'd suggest to change what's going on with the player controller, instead of the AI.  Perhaps the balancing lies in the stamina resource of the player.  Blocking should not use up stamina, rather, it should cost nothing, maybe even generate stamina!  

I've always felt that a survivor would experience adrenaline.  It didn't seem like something that should be its own mechanic, but should be considered.  In a life or death situation a person is going to experience adrenaline.  The player character isn't authentically going to expend the same amount of stamina running as they would in a fight, because of adrenaline.  I'd balance infected by adjusting stamina while blocking.  Heck, have blocking generate stamina. 

Melee combat before the change wasn't that bad, honestly.  You could block the first two attacks from any single zombie and then stun-lock/kill them with 2-4 hits with a sledgehammer.

16 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

How about bringing back the ability to disinfect water containers?

You dump them out before you use them.  Or find some chlorine tablets.  You have options.  Is finding clean water difficult?

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

I think that 20% is about right.  That said, I believe that there are better options to adjust melee combat.  

So if the backstab isn't an option because you've aggroed your target, then your best option is to block in a 1v1 situation with a zed.  All attacks can be blocked now.  This is critical.  If you're blocking then the attack range of infected isn't nearly as important.  I'd suggest to change what's going on with the player controller, instead of the AI.  Perhaps the balancing lies in the stamina resource of the player.  Blocking should not use up stamina, rather, it should cost nothing, maybe even generate stamina!  

I've always felt that a survivor would experience adrenaline.  It didn't seem like something that should be its own mechanic, but should be considered.  In a life or death situation a person is going to experience adrenaline.  The player character isn't authentically going to expend the same amount of stamina running as they would in a fight, because of adrenaline.  I'd balance infected by adjusting stamina while blocking.  Heck, have blocking generate stamina. 

Melee combat before the change wasn't that bad, honestly.  You could block the first two attacks from any single zombie and then stun-lock/kill them with 2-4 hits with a sledgehammer.

You dump them out before you use them.  Or find some chlorine tablets.  You have options.  Is finding clean water difficult?

The containers themselves are infected, water purification does not save from infection if the bottle is not disinfected. Only a noob can not know this. I'm talking about what worked fine, but after the last update it stopped, this is clearly a mistake

5 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

The containers themselves are infected, water purification does not save from infection if the bottle is not disinfected. Only a noob can not know this. I'm talking about what worked fine, but after the last update it stopped, this is clearly a mistake

I've seen no such effect.  I stay healthy from day zero.  I dump out all of my containers when I find them and refill at the well.  Never gotten sick.  Only noobs get sick.

Yeah, this is not a difficult mechanic. Never drink the water you find in a bottle and get to a well and fill her up as soon as you can.

The only way you can get cholera in the game is if your are truly desperate and have to risk the disease or die of thirst instead, which has happened to me once in about a year.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

I've seen no such effect.  I stay healthy from day zero.  I dump out all of my containers when I find them and refill at the well.  Never gotten sick.  Only noobs get sick.

Water containers can be contagious, which is why it was possible to disinfect them, if you do not do this, you will get sick sooner or later. It's immediately obvious that you're a noob if you don't know this

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

Water containers can be contagious, which is why it was possible to disinfect them, if you do not do this, you will get sick sooner or later. It's immediately obvious that you're a noob if you don't know this

Chill there buddy...

I've got also some experience with the game and I've never gotten sick by a "dirty bottle" only by dirty water.

• Like 1