Kyiara

Stable Update 1.12

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:

This answer given by ImpulZ still remains valid:
"Trust me, it's something that everybody in the DayZ Team wants to see, but it's insanely complicated. There's loads of scenarios when server synchronization can go wrong, and it's additional load on the server performance, so I don't think we will be able to introduce proper ragdoll physics for player death animations in the near future."

@Kyiara Thanks for your reply! Although that statement by ImpulZ gives a vague estimation as when not to expect it ("the near future"), it doesn't answer the question I have posed here, which is whether it is currently being worked on. Would be glad if you could answer it. Thanks and best regards!

5 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Hi guys, we are currently looking into some issues with mods. Can´t really tell you more now but only so you know we are aware and on it. Thank you

To iterate on this one, modded servers currently may require mods to have mod.cpp file implemented (learn more about it at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Modding_Structure). If the file is missing, folder names of mods need to be the same on both client and server side.

This is not intentional, and we are working to fix this as soon as possible in the upcoming days.

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

So can this issue be confirmed? It doesn't happen to everyone but A LOT of community servers are down because of it. Seems there was an undocumented change on how mods are loaded on servers, and it has caused a lot of problems. Nothing helps, no matter what I do this is what I get when trying to join my own modded servers:

oO2JSBs.jpg

Versions match, keys are in the right place, but something with mod names just makes this error pop up anyway. It is beyond frustrating...

Was getting that last night on Spaggies servers even though I had been on them perfectly fine a few hours before.

I unloaded the mods and tried log in. It gave me the setup dlcs and mods..." as I expected. Then I resetup the mods and joined without an issue.

The Audible gunshot level in terms of player2player needs to be reverted. Can't hear gunshots very well at all any more, even when they're fired from several hundred metres from you. 👎

4 hours ago, Getsome said:

The Audible gunshot level in terms of player2player needs to be reverted. Can't hear gunshots very well at all any more, even when they're fired from several hundred metres from you. 👎

YES, i'm not alone. I hope this is a bug, because tested on pistols and can't hear anything past 250 meters, if this is intended it's pretty pathetic
Maybe i'm lucky, but playing on full server 80 slots i never heard distant gunshot or very distant like it was in previous patch.
Even shooting near town won't attract zombies

So yeah, bring back old volume settings (3.4km max iirc)

@Kyiara the degradation of melee weapons is way off. Going stealth and after 2 infected my Pristine is near damaged.

That and the fact they can attack through your attacks makes it a chore to constantly look for melee/sharpening Stones and bandages/rags.

Shooting shouldnt be the only viable option. 

Yeah I think the bleeding is a bit much. Usually one hit is enough and it's not weak bleeding either.

What's good food this patch? I take it everything was changed. Eating rice seems to keep me fed for half as long now.

5 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Yeah I think the bleeding is a bit much. Usually one hit is enough and it's not weak bleeding either.

What's good food this patch? I take it everything was changed. Eating rice seems to keep me fed for half as long now.

I haven't tested everything yet, but cooked meat and veggies seems to keep me fed longer than canned food. Fruit and shrooms is mostly hydration, you burn the energy you get from them with one sprint rush... I'm sure Asmondian will have a tip up on it soon, if he hasn't posted one already.

Quoting here from the exp discussion:

I shot someone wearing a press vest tonight, me using a FAL, at about 200 m range, and I must say it looks very weird with the stagger “stun” animation followed by the player dropping uncon. Using a baby AK I later gunned down a guy wearing platecarrier and he was knocked uncon and fell as a sack of potatoes without staggering first, looked much more natural. If the player goes uncon the stagger animation should be skipped.

I like the increased chance of uncon and broken legs when shot in the legs. Overall a good feel to the whole patch.

Another thing - when an uncon player dies (bleeding out or executed) the fall animation will play, the guys flies up from the ground and flops back down. Looks ridiculous. This should be changed so the player doesn’t move or just subtly changes position.

The stagger/uncon comment stands I guess, but I haven't been in a firefight yet on stable.

However, the last paragraph about bleeding out - I managed to capture a good example of that the other day. This small clip illustrates how dumb it looks when a bleeding player flops up when dying. This guy even does a 180 turn... 

(And yeah the clip also shows much ragdoll is really needed - or at the very least proper alignment of bodies to the angle of the floor.)

Edited by Derleth

Strange to include a significant new event and related items, but not to mention it in the release notes. Release notes should be comprehensive.

Let me know when the devs either revert the changes or finally figure out how to make good gameplay, referring to the zombie/melee/pvp changes. I understand devs trying something that isn't easy to know whether it's bad for the game or not until it's implemented, but these changes are obviously bad for the game just on paper. I seriously question what goes threw some people's minds, the fact that they even thought about adding a stun/stagger affect in pvp nevermind actually implementing it is unbelieveable. Just when you think the game is in a good spot and they ruin it. DayZ has so much potential but when it comes to having good balanced gameplay, whether its pve or pvp, the devs just dont seem to have any idea on what they're doing. Not trying to insult or anything im just blunt. I've played this game since release and it's had some serious ups and downs, but recently the game has never been in a better state. So it's frustrating to see changes that are so obiously bad for the game, to anyone who can think logically and without bias.

49 minutes ago, BJayLee said:

the fact that they even thought about adding a stun/stagger affect in pvp

Meh, if you get staggered you go uncon anway from .308 and x54r. In no situation you will get staggered but won't go uncon, kinda pointless.

referring to the zombie/melee/pvp changes.

I like the direction, I disagree with the destination. Needs tweaks.

DayZ has so much potential

It always had potential, Bohemia never realized it (or they weren't ready/capable for it, engine limitations and what not). Could have been top 10 game on steam (look at Battle Royale games, they all took the spot that DayZ didn't, it wouldn't be hard to implement a BR mode as a once in a while thing/BR servers).

the devs just dont seem to have any idea on what they're doing.

I get how you feel, but I feel like they will listen to us.
I feel like these current devs are passionate, and they love the game, but they lack the proper tools to do it justice (engine, servers...).

I hope there's a hotfix/smaller update that addresses some issues, melee damage, shock values, some gun damage values and opening doors silently and slowly.

Edited by DefectiveWater

On 4/21/2021 at 3:35 PM, ImpulZ said:

To iterate on this one, modded servers currently may require mods to have mod.cpp file implemented (learn more about it at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Modding_Structure). If the file is missing, folder names of mods need to be the same on both client and server side.

This is not intentional, and we are working to fix this as soon as possible in the upcoming days.

Hello, any news or progress? I followed workaround to match folder names and as it works for me when I tested it it fails for some reason for other players and are unable to connect our server. For now only solution is verifySignatures = 0 what is not ideal. Thanks.

Whats up with the 9mm being more powerful than an 45 acp? It takes 2 shots from 9mm to KO unarmored player while the 45acp takes 3 shots. It makes absolutely no sense to me. The damage/shock values for 9mm and 45acp should be swapped and it would be better. The way it is now makes no sense to pickup UMP/1911/FNX over any 9mm gun.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

@J.A.T- that is a confirmed issue, a typo in the config and will be fixed in upcoming hotfix.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

So are gunshot sounds messed up right now?

edit: I've died more often to door glitches this patch than anything else -- getting stuck on one side of a set of closed doors while the server thinks you're on the other side.

Edited by _lemon_beans

On 4/21/2021 at 5:36 PM, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Car`s still broken?

what problem with car?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It would be cool if you close a door when being chased by a hoard of infected, and you feel safe for a moment. You go to bandage your 3 cuts and then you hear an infected banging on the door. A few moments later and it opens the door, infected flood into the house and kill you.

So next time, you make sure to bring a lockpick and when you run inside you close the door and immediately lock it. They bang on the door but you feel secure because you know its locked and can't be opened. But a minute later, just as you finish bandaging and begin repairing your clothes, an infected breaks the lock and kicks the door open. They flood in and kill you.

Third time round, you run inside and close the door, securing with lockpick. Prepared, you take the plank of wood from your backpack and use nails and a hammer to barricade. The infected bang on the door but you bandage, repair items, and cook food knowing you're safe. Finally, they lose interest and disperse, allowing you to leave safely by dismantling.

This kind of gameplay would offer an alternative method of escaping infected, but its disadvantage would be having to be prepared with lockpicks, ,nails, a hammer and wood planks. The more prepared you are the more secure your barricade can be. If you're unprepared then closing doors is only a slight delay to gain distance from and lose the infected, or separate them for easier combat. But no longer do you have a permanent safe zone in every house.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000

8 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

you make sure to bring a lockpick

okay... let me just get my lockpick.

>searching for it
>still searching for it
>where was it?
>oh right, CLE didn't spawn any lockpicks in my area.

I like the idea of it, but it won't work with the current zombie AI. I wouldn't mind if zombies could take down doors, but then zombies shouldn't magically know that I'm going to the backdoor to escape. They should gather around the last area they saw me.
What happens now is that you get inside a building, you go to the backdoor, and they start gathering around the backdoor.

Zeds need balancing, zed combat needs balancing.

Blocks should be effective (no more power attacks from zeds going through blocks) and give you time to strike a hit after a successful block (rewards some skill, instead of mashing M1)
Remove bleeding from zeds (if a player fist can't make players bleed, then neither should zeds. Also, it's annoying).
Change aggro during night time.
Make zed attacks do more damage (it will force players to learn to block, and make them an actual danger if you aren't playing properly).
Normal attacks from anything shouldn't cancel zed attacks (you either attack or block, not both).
And melee weapon damage balance was too extreme, axes going from 1 hits to 4 was too much of a jump (killing a single zed takes way too long now).

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

It would be cool if you close a door when being chased by a hoard of infected, and you feel safe for a moment. You go to bandage your 3 cuts and then you hear an infected banging on the door. A few moments later and it opens the door, infected flood into the house and kill you.

So next time, you make sure to bring a lockpick and when you run inside you close the door and immediately lock it. They bang on the door but you feel secure because you know its locked and can't be opened. But a minute later, just as you finish bandaging and begin repairing your clothes, an infected breaks the lock and kicks the door open. They flood in and kill you.

Third time round, you run inside and close the door, securing with lockpick. Prepared, you take the plank of wood from your backpack and use nails and a hammer to barricade. The infected bang on the door but you bandage, repair items, and cook food knowing you're safe. Finally, they lose interest and disperse, allowing you to leave safely by dismantling.

This kind of gameplay would offer an alternative method of escaping infected, but its disadvantage would be having to be prepared with lockpicks, ,nails, a hammer and wood planks. The more prepared you are the more secure your barricade can be. If you're unprepared then closing doors is only a slight delay to gain distance from and lose the infected, or separate them for easier combat. But no longer do you have a permanent safe zone in every house.

This is exactly what I'd like to see. Shutting a door slows them down a little, maybe enough to bandage one wound or refill a mag, while locking the door buys you a little more time to prepare for the onslaught, while actually barricading makes that particular door safe.

On Arma3 survival it works a little as in the first paragraph, they will bash the door and after something like half a minute they bust it open and come inside. Hearing them bashing the door gets the heartbeat up, I promise...

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

okay... let me just get my lockpick.

>searching for it
>still searching for it
>where was it?
>oh right, CLE didn't spawn any lockpicks in my area.

So everyone should be on equal ground regardless of how their looting has gone? RNG and shit luck with loot is part of the game and always has been. If you have found a lockpick your chances of surviving a situation like this increases, if you haven't you could be screwed - I see no wrong with that. It's the same mechanic as going up against someone with a double barrel shotty when all you've found yourself is an IJ-70. Bad luck - but with some skill and luck you can still come out on top. If not - better luck next time...

I wouldn't mind if zombies could take down doors, but then zombies shouldn't magically know that I'm going to the backdoor to escape. They should gather around the last area they saw me.

Agreed, or at least that they ran around randomly "searching" for a point of ingress instead of legging it straight for the open door..

Blocks should be effective (no more power attacks from zeds going through blocks) and give you time to strike a hit after a successful block (rewards some skill, instead of mashing M1)

Blocks should at least halve the damage from their heavy attacks, or remove the bleed chance.

Remove bleeding from zeds (if a player fist can't make players bleed, then neither should zeds. Also, it's annoying).

Absolutely not, this would make them utterly harmless all over again. Besides they have long, dirty, hardened fingernails. What we need is the wound infection to come back...

Change aggro during night time.

Agreed! Their night vision should be no better than ours - but then they should react to light sources...

Make zed attacks do more damage (it will force players to learn to block, and make them an actual danger).
Normal attacks from anything shouldn't cancel zed attacks (you either attack or block, not both).
And melee weapon damage balance was too extreme, axes going from 1 hits to 4 was too much of a jump (killing a single zed takes way too long now).

Regarding this all that is really needed is for the new damage reduction modifier to their head hitbox to be reduced. Currently melee damage to their heads is halved, making aiming for the head basically pointless. If that modifier is changed to 25% reduction you can still oneshot them with a clean heavy hit with the heaviest melee weapons.

Right now im back to Just luring infected into houses and leave them there.

You cant take Them on decently without a gun because they Will Just Windmill attack your ass and give you 2/3 bleeds in no time. Which then leads to a boring hunt for sewing kits/new clothes. 

The pathing aggro is also atrocious. 2 people crouched, 50 mtrs apart. First Guy triggers an infected. Which person did the infected go to?? Right the one who was most far away..... Its makes no sense. 

They really missed the plank with these tweaks.... 

@Kyiara you really need to convert or tweak again because i see servers that are normally full and with queus to get in now barely scratching medium.... Its driving players away. ( I play on hardcore servers, so its not the easy player crowd that cant cope its the die hards that cant stand it) 

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derleth said:

So everyone should be on equal ground regardless of how their looting has gone? RNG and shit luck with loot is part of the game and always has been. If you have found a lockpick your chances of surviving a situation like this increases, if you haven't you could be screwed - I see no wrong with that. It's the same mechanic as going up against someone with a double barrel shotty when all you've found yourself is an IJ-70. Bad luck - but with some skill and luck you can still come out on top. If not - better luck next time...

That was mostly a jab at his statement "you make sure to bring a lockpick" because you can't be sure, I'm not complaining about CLE (only thing that I hate is the in_hoarder and in_cargo, limits the game too much).

I would only add zeds breaking down doors if this: "but then zombies shouldn't magically know that I'm going to the backdoor to escape. They should gather around the last area they saw me." got implemented.

11 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Blocks should at least halve the damage from their heavy attacks, or remove the bleed chance.

I guess I could live with this, no bleed chance if you block.

7 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Right now im back to Just luring infected into houses and leave them there.

Same here. Zed aggro, pathing and "knowing where the player went even if they didn't see me" part need to be addressed.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 6:07 AM, Nicolas Vaquier said:

whe find the reason of the error 0x00040073. In your script of use mod u must have exactly the same name with the mod name in steam. It's a question of syntax and character case.

Do not resolve the problem ... The solution remove @CF and all dependency of @CF.