Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

15 hours ago, Joe Scrub said:

They fix some of the stuff on there, worth ticketing in case it's one of those.

I did open a ticket - and they responded there was no feature for charging while driving existing or planned, but that it had been noted as "a suggestion".

In general the feedback tracker works well, but in all honesty a great many tickets are pretty much useless to the devs since they do not contain enough information to track down or even understand the issue, while others are just ranting whine posts that would fit better on this forum... Then there's the stupendous amount of duplicate tickets created since many users can't be arsed using the search function, and/or using a description of the issue that can indeed be found by a normal search.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

This car batery thing is just in line with all the other changes they made lately. They are pushing for short lifespan of items, making DayZ a loot hunting game instead of survival. I think that is a terrible course for the game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

This car batery thing is just in line with all the other changes they made lately. They are pushing for short lifespan of items, making DayZ a loot hunting game instead of survival. I think that is a terrible course for the game.

which other changes?

I said it before, only masochists still play Vanilla.

• Beans 1

I feel like the focus is way off in this update, there's not one fix for a bug that ive personally experienced as a 40+ hours a week player, and teh changes seem minor and unimportant - small corrections which ultimately dont change gameplay and add nothing. Cmon where's the content BI, feels like busy work when you want your boss to think your doing something, we want AI, helis, new guns, in-game events, new zombies, ragdoll, bikes, teammate system, character creation (like scum) etc. This really is it for Dayz, its time to make this game what everyone knows it has the potential to be. Pull people off Arma 3 idc just get it done, dayz is the best game your company will ever make, at least max out its potential.

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Apocalex said:

I Cmon where's the content BI, feels like busy work when you want your boss to think your doing something

That is exactly what they want us to think. It looks like progress but its not its just constantly tweaking.... And not even stuff that needs tweaking. 

Piss of the pve crowd help the PVP crowd. Piss of the PVP crowd help the pve crowd. They are lost, they are not searching.

The gameplan is there is no plan. They are Just swinging the bat in mid air. Not hitting the ball at all. They dont even see the ball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, McWendy said:

That is exactly what they want us to think. It looks like progress but its not its just constantly tweaking.... And not even stuff that needs tweaking. 

Piss of the pve crowd help the PVP crowd. Piss of the PVP crowd help the pve crowd. They are lost, they are not searching.

The gameplan is there is no plan. They are Just swinging the bat in mid air. Not hitting the ball at all. They dont even see the ball. 

In all fairness, 1.10 added a ton of great stuff, but at 4 updates a year that amount of content should be standard not out of the ordinary, there is too little with too far inbetween, if we were to get a 1.06 or 1.10 sized update every time, this game would be fully fleshed out in a year, maybe two 

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Apocalex said:

In all fairness, 1.10 added a ton of great stuff, but at 4 updates a year that amount of content should be standard not out of the ordinary, there is too little with too far inbetween, if we were to get a 1.06 or 1.10 sized update every time, this game would be fully fleshed out in a year, maybe two 

Lets hope so. Been riding the: Waiting for it to be decent train, for quite some time now. 

I was a pretty happy bunny around 0.62. loved And played a lot of this game.All i need is the bow and the rest of the survival aspects back we had and I would be content. 

Now i Just rarely log in to Just "walk around' clear my head and enjoy the scenery. Still one of the best games out there for Just that.

Maybe i should try scum again, supposedly it has a SP mode now, but i Will miss the odd player interaction. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Lets hope so. Been riding the: Waiting for it to be decent train, for quite some time now. 

I was a pretty happy bunny around 0.62. loved And played a lot of this game.All i need is the bow and the rest of the survival aspects back we had and I would be content. 

Now i Just rarely log in to Just "walk around' clear my head and enjoy the scenery. Still one of the best games out there for Just that.

Maybe i should try scum again, supposedly it has a SP mode now, but i Will miss the odd player interaction. 

Its one of them mate, not much we can do really.. when it comes to scum, there is a plethora of features i believe dayz NEEDS, but at its core it does not have the same feel/vibe of Dayz - no game comes close actually (for me anyway). Not a fan of rust either or ARK, tbh all these survival games are just a meme at this point, dayz is like DOOM, its the grandfather of a genre. I also am desperate for the bow and more survival features as it fits my playstyle better, im not one of these OG-squadwip-420-quickscope type dudes, i like roleplaying and becoming immersed in the world

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Hardcore servers be like ... "are we a joke to you?"

Honestly tho, vanilla servers are easy AF.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Gun fights in tier 1-2 absolutely suck because of the available weapons... i remember in the mod you could get an AK from a firestation (as unrealistic as that is) 

Edited by The Apocalex

E a respeito das árvores que estão segurando a maior parte dos tiros que são feitos contra um player atrás delas está deixando a desejar, pois quem está atrás de uma árvore é muito protegido pela árvore segurar a maioria dos tiros e danos da arma.

6 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

Gun fights in tier 1-2 absolutely suck because of the available weapons... i remember in the mod you could get an AK from a firestation (as unrealistic as that is) 

I wish they would tone down the coastal weapon spawns, it gives more variety in gun fights and loot progression. Feel like i always find a shotgun and a mosin everytime, no variety = no fun for me.

3 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I wish they would tone down the coastal weapon spawns, it gives more variety in gun fights and loot progression. Feel like i always find a shotgun and a mosin everytime, no variety = no fun for me.

How hard would it be for them to add a vanilla air drop, alongside traders it was one of the first mods to come out, just because the modders have made it so, doesnt mean you shouldnt BI

Edited by The Apocalex

15 hours ago, Buakaw said:

which other changes?

As I wrote, life time of items. I'm certainly a masochist in this regard, but I just don't care about more guns, edgy camo reskins of everything and building fortresses. I need the survival fixed and enhanced.

4 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I don't know if mods help here, from what I have seen in videos it's just endless reskins and variations of the same. It's just cosmetic fix but variety is exactly the same. 

It would be nice to see, in my opinion, some more zombie variants, because the zombies in this game are good, but if there was like a tank or a stronger zombie, then they would be a bigger problem then they are now. Because right now, all they are is like a pest. Games such as left 4 dead have a very good zombie variety, maybe spawning stronger zombies the farther inland you get would be a good idea?

Edited by Wexican20

18 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

As I wrote, life time of items. I'm certainly a masochist in this regard, but I just don't care about more guns, edgy camo reskins of everything and building fortresses. I need the survival fixed and enhanced.

Just now, Wexican20 said:

Honestly same here, I enjoy the vanilla experience way more 

1 hour ago, Wexican20 said:

It would be nice to see, in my opinion, some more zombie variants, because the zombies in this game are good, but if there was like a tank or a stronger zombie, then they would be a bigger problem then they are now. Because right now, all they are is like a pest. Games such as left 4 dead have a very good zombie variety, maybe spawning stronger zombies the farther inland you get would be a good idea?

"Zombies in the game are good".

Oh god, please stop! Half of the zombies are either stuck on the fance or on the roof. But other than that, I agree with you.

Edited by kevo1414
  • Like 1

Yes Lets introduce spitters, chargers, boomers and jumpers.....really? Wtf guys, you really need to go play L4D or Dying Light or something.

We dont have zombies, we have infected humans. This game has some Lore to it, also the aim is some realism. Hence the military infected, farmer bob, Karen the housewife etc. 

The infected Just need to be bigger in numbers, deadlier with their hits, chance of infection, better and more aggro stances. Tweak what we have not add more things they'll probably wont get working correctly anyway. 

What we need is what we had/have, but working. This goes for all mechanics, infected, basebuilding, vehicles, weapons, survival and medical. 

Stop trying to make this a different and unrealistic clone of a couple games. 

DayZ is unique dont make it generic....

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Version 1.11.153718 (Released on 04.02.2021)

ADDED

• Added the SVAL rifle
  • Added the 20 round magazine for SVAL and VSS

FIXED

• The revolver was not dealing consistent damage
  • It was problematic to place a Medium / Party Tents too close to the player
  • Issues with fertilizing garden plot slots (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156389)
  • The magazine of a weapon on the players back was detached after relog
  • The immunity system was not updated on the player (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156489)
  • The spotlight could be plugged into a battery that was inside of a vehicle
  • It was possible to place two tents inside each other
  • It was possible to stack up stone ovens
  • It was possible to sometime place objects inside furniture of buildings
  • Epinephrine was not working correctly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156359)

SERVER

• Added: timeStampFormat now supports two additional options "ShortTZ" and "FullTZ" which will append the time zone in UTC (RPT log only)

Known Issues

• The new 20 round magazine can currently not be used with the VSS - a fix for this will be deployed shortly
  • Like 5
  • Beans 2

15 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

I just don't find them fun anymore

Keep up the good work, lads.
To be frank, I feel like the release date for stable should be pushed a week or two further, just to make the most of the point of this update. Maximum effect, y'know?