ImpulZ

Console Update 1.09

1.09 Hotfix 1 - 1.09.153419

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash
  • Fixed a crash while loading into the main menu/server (caused by corrupted local cached character data)
  • Fixed a bug, allowing the player to drag full stacks of stones by using the combine area in the inventory
  • Fixed an issue resulting in unmounted but attached barbed wire giving a damage
  • Fixed an issue causing weapons to become stuck when dropped from an unconscious player during reload
  • Fixed a bug preventing pulling dead players from the Olga in certain cases
  • Fixed an issue causing items sometimes to get stuck after swapping with a dead player's inventory
  • Fixed an issue blocking base building close to other base building objects
  • Fixed an issue preventing the collision of tent doors/walls from updating until the next server restart

CHANGED

• Placement of base building objects was made less restrictive (reducing gaps in between)
  • The Revolver reload should be more responsive now
  • Increased the durability of the IJ-70 pistol
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

1.09 Hotfix 1 - 1.09.153419

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash
  • Fixed a crash while loading into the main menu/server (caused by corrupted local cached character data)
  • Fixed a bug, allowing the player to drag full stacks of stones by using the combine area in the inventory
  • Fixed an issue resulting in unmounted but attached barbed wire giving a damage
  • Fixed an issue causing weapons to become stuck when dropped from an unconscious player during reload
  • Fixed a bug preventing pulling dead players from the Olga in certain cases
  • Fixed an issue causing items sometimes to get stuck after swapping with a dead player's inventory
  • Fixed an issue blocking base building close to other base building objects
  • Fixed an issue preventing the collision of tent doors/walls from updating until the next server restart

CHANGED

• Placement of base building objects was made less restrictive (reducing gaps in between)
  • The Revolver reload should be more responsive now
  • Increased the durability of the IJ-70 pistol

Again no performance fixing WTF, when u all starts do something for consoles? Lagging is terrible but you don’t give a fuck

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boroda Thug said:

Again no performance fixing WTF, when u all starts do something for consoles? Lagging is terrible but you don’t give a fuck

This is a hotfix for the previous update regarding certain issues, optimisation doesn’t really happen in hotfixs than I’m aware of.

Fixing the issues brought up from the last update is more important than “lag” imo.

Lag can be fixed in the future by either the Devs or just going next gen if they go that route so I’m not too worried.

(@ImpulZ, if you happen to go “next gen” please do what FIFA has done and don’t make us pay again(I can do and probably will do) but bringing the player base with will help greatly instead of pushing them out by another pay wall that they’ve paid for several times already lost likely)

Edited by lJamesHalel1
I’m a greedy mf

39 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

This is a hotfix for the previous update regarding certain issues, optimisation doesn’t really happen in hotfixs than I’m aware of.

Fixing the issues brought up from the last update is more important than “lag” imo.

Lag can be fixed in the future by either the Devs or just going next gen if they go that route so I’m not too worried.

(@ImpulZ, if you happen to go “next gen” please do what FIFA has done and don’t make us pay again(I can do and probably will do) but bringing the player base with will help greatly instead of pushing them out by another pay wall that they’ve paid for several times already lost likely)

@Boroda Thug is right.  

The problem is that the updates we get don't fix the long standing, fundamental problems with the game (e.g. glitching vehicles, reloads, inventory management issues, etc.).  Instead we get new problems introduced by the new updates that then have to be resolved with hotfixes. 

To make matters worse, the new issues introduced by the updates aren't always resolved so we are then stuck with new problems that persist like the stuttering caused about 3 updates ago.  .....the one where you need to quickly open your inventory wheel every 30 seconds or so to make it stop.   .....or some of the inventory scrolling issues, items still getting stuck in containers, cars and so on.

The team had said that this was the time they were essentially done with add ons and would be concentrating more on performance / QA.  The thing is, the way they roll these updates out and hotfixes, it seems they ignore the bigger issues more directly related to console.

I used to rent a server which I finally gave up until about an update or two ago but then figured I would rent for a month and see if things had changed.  ......they didn't so I let it lapse one more time and now I'm just waiting to see if the PS5 will somehow help with some of these lagging issues at the very least which (hopefully) will make cars more driveable in towns and movement stop stuttering.  The problem is, BI doesn't really communicate like they did when they first introduced DayZ to console with their livestream, Q&A, etc.  They had a renewed commitment back then but that quickly faded away as they concentrated on new DLC and a physical release when things were still not fixed. 

Personally, I'd like to see what their plans are for the future regarding these long standing issues that can greatly affect the quality of the gameplay.  .....and on the eve of the PS5 release, I'd like to see what the future holds for DayZ going forward (e.g. PS5 enhancements, performance testing and so on).  Lots of folks have talked about the struggles of a game like DayZ due to power limitation with consoles so I wonder if they are already looking to optimize for the new generation.  It seems to me that this would be a golden opportunity for DayZ to finally get to a much more stable state and become the game that a lot of us know it can.

I just hope PS5 doesn't become just another money grab opportunity for a "remaster" like the physical copies and DLC. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kean__1 said:

@Boroda Thug is right.  

The problem is that the updates we get don't fix the long standing, fundamental problems with the game (e.g. glitching vehicles, reloads, inventory management issues, etc.).  Instead we get new problems introduced by the new updates that then have to be resolved with hotfixes. 

To make matters worse, the new issues introduced by the updates aren't always resolved so we are then stuck with new problems that persist like the stuttering caused about 3 updates ago.  .....the one where you need to quickly open your inventory wheel every 30 seconds or so to make it stop.   .....or some of the inventory scrolling issues, items still getting stuck in containers, cars and so on.

The team had said that this was the time they were essentially done with add ons and would be concentrating more on performance / QA.  The thing is, the way they roll these updates out and hotfixes, it seems they ignore the bigger issues more directly related to console.

I used to rent a server which I finally gave up until about an update or two ago but then figured I would rent for a month and see if things had changed.  ......they didn't so I let it lapse one more time and now I'm just waiting to see if the PS5 will somehow help with some of these lagging issues at the very least which (hopefully) will make cars more driveable in towns and movement stop stuttering.  The problem is, BI doesn't really communicate like they did when they first introduced DayZ to console with their livestream, Q&A, etc.  They had a renewed commitment back then but that quickly faded away as they concentrated on new DLC and a physical release when things were still not fixed. 

Personally, I'd like to see what their plans are for the future regarding these long standing issues that can greatly affect the quality of the gameplay.  .....and on the eve of the PS5 release, I'd like to see what the future holds for DayZ going forward (e.g. PS5 enhancements, performance testing and so on).  Lots of folks have talked about the struggles of a game like DayZ due to power limitation with consoles so I wonder if they are already looking to optimize for the new generation.  It seems to me that this would be a golden opportunity for DayZ to finally get to a much more stable state and become the game that a lot of us know it can.

I just hope PS5 doesn't become just another money grab opportunity for a "remaster" like the physical copies and DLC. 

Man you ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

3 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

@Boroda Thug is right.  

What console you lot using? I have the PS4 slim and haven’t noticed several of those bugs stated since at least 2 updates ago, still issues of course but no where near as bad as you’re claiming them to be.

This was also a hotfix so expecting actual changes with performance isn’t realistic as that’s not what this hotfix was for anyhow.

I agree about the PS5 and not money grabbing though, reward the community instead of pulling it apart.

I might be the only one not to experience those issues so not saying they don’t happen but I play 10+ hours a day and haven’t come across them, servers with high ping and that also effects gameplay so make sure you’re on a server local for you as it does help with the experience(Still lag and that but what do you expect, was never intended to be on consoles in the first place so it’s an achievement just to have the luxury to play but issues do need resolving in the future)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Josh Ritchie said:

Why can’t I place walls inside an apartment anymore ? I can’t secure a building properly 

I’m sure they stopped it; not sure if that’s a permanent thing though.

And now I can't build where I previously could. Nice hotfix guys!

Stop, just stop already. We are better off without these updates you keep releasing that simply introduce more and more issues that never get fixed. When both of my server times are up I'm done with you bohemia!

Just now, nghtrdr said:

And now I can't build where I previously could. Nice hotfix guys!

Stop, just stop already. We are better off without these updates you keep releasing that simply introduce more and more issues that never get fixed. When both of my server times are up I'm done with you bohemia!

Think that’s the intention more than an issue with the hotfix.

Yeah, they did break the game. It's so laggy, theres no changes on gaps while building, revolver is the same thing, players still loses gravity while jumping into wall or anything. I really enjoy dayz, but I'm giving up, I have no pleasure anymore with all this bugs. Maybe someday they'll sell it for someone that can really take care of, because unfortunately they can't. 

Please in next patch revert the loot cycles to their state prior to 1.09! Its almost impossible to find any good loot on official right now.

31 minutes ago, Raphael Montanari said:

Yeah, they did break the game. It's so laggy, theres no changes on gaps while building, revolver is the same thing, players still loses gravity while jumping into wall or anything. I really enjoy dayz, but I'm giving up, I have no pleasure anymore with all this bugs. Maybe someday they'll sell it for someone that can really take care of, because unfortunately they can't. 

Can someone with post history give an opinion wether it’s “broke” the game? All limited posters so could be 1 time players, could be true but I haven’t noticed it.

The building hasn’t seem to have changed other than within buildings but my location could just be shit tbf.

Lag has improved dramatically since day 1 on console(Progress is better than none, still time to fix everything)

Had no issues regarding the revolver before this hotfix so can’t really say to much about that.

And the gravity issue is minor and doesn’t effect anything, you just fall slowly.

You all don’t half like to moan, hate to see what you’re like on the 7 Days to Die console forums 😂

Personally forget these people, focus on survival so I can play solo on my server and enjoy the game as intended, catering for the moaners just makes it more toxic imo.

Edited by lJamesHalel1
I’m dicklexic.

46 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Can someone with post history give an opinion wether it’s “broke” the game? All limited posters so could be 1 time players, could be true but I haven’t noticed it.

The building hasn’t seem to have changed other than within buildings but my location could just be shit tbf.

Lag has improved dramatically since day 1 on console(Progress is better than none, still time to fix everything)

Had no issues regarding the revolver before this hotfix so can’t really say to much about that.

And the gravity issue is minor and doesn’t effect anything, you just fall slowly.

You all don’t half like to moan, hate to see what you’re like on the 7 Days to Die console forums 😂

Personally forget these people, focus on survival so I can play solo on my server and enjoy the game as intended, catering for the moaners just makes it more toxic imo.

Ive been playing since day 1 its the same issues since then nothing on console has been fixed 

9 minutes ago, Austin.lj14 said:

Ive been playing since day 1 its the same issues since then nothing on console has been fixed 

Well that’s false, I played since day 1 and it’s changed completely.

Also played on Day 1 with Standalone for PC and the Mod(Both were a lot worse just Mod had more content)(personal opinion regarding those of course)

Edited by lJamesHalel1

11 hours ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Well that’s false, I played since day 1 and it’s changed completely.

Also played on Day 1 with Standalone for PC and the Mod(Both were a lot worse just Mod had more content)(personal opinion regarding those of course)

Same here, at least on console. Sure, there are some issues, but 95% of my game play experience is pretty solid. I only play on official now, as most community servers have boosted loot and short nights. 

• Beans 2

10 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Same here, at least on console. Sure, there are some issues, but 95% of my game play experience is pretty solid. I only play on official now, as most community servers have boosted loot and short nights. 

I just think it’s either first timers who just want to complain as that’s the “popular” thing to do or they’re on servers from different continents etc.

I play on community but not really for PvP purposes, haven’t been on official since all those duping was around.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

What console you lot using? I have the PS4 slim and haven’t noticed several of those bugs stated since at least 2 updates ago, still issues of course but no where near as bad as you’re claiming them to be.

This was also a hotfix so expecting actual changes with performance isn’t realistic as that’s not what this hotfix was for anyhow.

I agree about the PS5 and not money grabbing though, reward the community instead of pulling it apart.

I might be the only one not to experience those issues so not saying they don’t happen but I play 10+ hours a day and haven’t come across them, servers with high ping and that also effects gameplay so make sure you’re on a server local for you as it does help with the experience(Still lag and that but what do you expect, was never intended to be on consoles in the first place so it’s an achievement just to have the luxury to play but issues do need resolving in the future)

Hey smartass, just stream the game, let me know about it, and I'll stick your nose in all the problems you don't want to see.

9 minutes ago, Boroda Thug said:

Hey smartass, just stream the game, let me know about it, and I'll stick your nose in all the problems you don't want to see.

That’s fine I have been daily, “Mentally_Defunct” stop by and say hi! Twitch by the way.

Edited by lJamesHalel1
Making it more “user😴” friendly.
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

User name checks out 😏

@ImpulZ

Would it be possible to get an updated Persistant Table posted somehow somewhere?

ive only been playing a couple months and usually do alot of searching and research myself..

It would be good to know since the patch... and how things are affected.. im relatively new and have tried searching and most of what i find is older tables for length of items....would be nice to be able to say ok.. thats gone in 12 hours.. thats gone in 2 days.. ect...   and whether crates and drybags are on the ground vs buried.. does that change their lifespan.. .

any help would be appreciated thank you

On 9/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, lJamesHalel1 said:

PS4 original with the game installed on an external Samsung SSD T5. 

Some of these issues are not as pronounced for some but worse for others.  Servers also seem to be a variable in some cases.  The claims are valid but again, not necessarily experienced by all nor at the  same level of severity.  There's plenty of examples to show that.

btw, sometime after an update and switching to an external SSD I had a notable improvement in the driveability of vehicles in DayZ.  While lagging and glitching are still problems, they weren't near the issue they were for me before.  Previous to that, I often couldn't faster than a running pace without encountering freezes and subsequent wrecks.  Noww, I can regularly travel 50+ KPH with a couple stutters here and there.  My friend playing on the same server can't.  

The issues are real and expressed my many.