ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

5 hours ago, discipled said:

Yes. This is intentional...

I didn't see where they mentioned that this was intentional.  Can you provide a link, please?

CHANGED

Placement of base building objects was made less restrictive (reducing gaps in between)

To me, this makes it seems like they are trying to make it less restrictive, not more restrictive.  Overall.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parazight said:

I didn't see where they mentioned that this was intentional.  Can you provide a link, please?

To me, this makes it seems like they are trying to make it less restrictive, not more restrictive.  Overall.

It apprently is awknowledged in the feedback page as a bug and they are currently testing an internal fix. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153914

LMAO to the people who defended this as intentional.

• Like 1

Another bayonet, handguard or field transciever -> rage quit.

Only loot no-one wants is left! Thanks, greatly extended lifetimes.

Want a damaged tactical shirt? You're in luck!

Anything else? Nope!

4 hours ago, MosinFTW said:

Thanks, greatly extended lifetimes.

I agree, it IS great.

Nowadays, when you kill a geared player, you know that they've spent loads of valuable time acquiring that gear.  Like before there was persistent storage.  It's like a wet dream for sadists.  Like it was back in .3x.   Oh it's good to be back!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

I agree, it IS great.

Nowadays, when you kill a geared player, you know that they've spent loads of valuable time acquiring that gear.  Like before there was persistent storage.  It's like a wet dream for sadists.  Like it was back in .3x.   Oh it's good to be back!

I agree mate its so satisfying now killing a moderate to highly geared player because you are guaranteed decent gear. also if people are complaining of no loot spawning on the coast of chernarus or the North of lukow then they need to venture far south or midway on the map, i searched out gieraltow on livonia last night and found 2 mosins, a cr527 and a Deagle plus a heli crash. I love the new loot economy setup because it makes you have to venture out a bit more and not just stick to the spawn areas which in my opinion makes the gameplay quite stagnant.

Update 1.09.153419 - Release on 18.09.2020

FIXED

• Fixed an issue preventing players from contructing base building objects in or on buildings
  • Like 2

You can shoot through walls if you press L2 + R1 with A knife to the right in to a wall you will get glitcjed then you can also go threw walls got on video people attacking my base and doing it and killing us through walls (PS4) 

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

FIXED

• Fixed an issue preventing players from contructing base building objects in or on buildings

Nice..now stamina bug next please 🙂

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

FIXED

Cool... guess I was wrong. Oh well.

6 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

I agree mate its so satisfying now killing a moderate to highly geared player because you are guaranteed decent gear. also if people are complaining of no loot spawning on the coast of chernarus or the North of lukow then they need to venture far south or midway on the map, i searched out gieraltow on livonia last night and found 2 mosins, a cr527 and a Deagle plus a heli crash. I love the new loot economy setup because it makes you have to venture out a bit more and not just stick to the spawn areas which in my opinion makes the gameplay quite stagnant.

Who said anything about the coast?

If you want 1000 road flares, they're waiting for you at the NWAF

2 hours ago, Franciscoloco said:

You can shoot through walls if you press L2 + R1 with A knife to the right in to a wall you will get glitched then you can also go threw walls got on video people attacking my base and doing it and killing us through walls (PS4) 

Maybe because all the walls in buildings, and the ground are paper thin in this game... Why you think there are so many head glitches, storing loot un buildings, and players hiding in walls. LMAO

Edited by Gaymer210

10 minutes ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Ahhh damit. Hackers are back on official. Single shot through the wall killed two of us. No windows, doors closed... 😞 Gutted hoped

That's not a hack. That's, at best, a glitch. They mention that in the DayZ twitch stream that players can shoot through walls... If it's a high powered gun like a Mosin or Slug, those will 1 shot you close up.

In real life though, especially high powered ammunition, can and will shoot through walls. Good or not in a game, It is what it is. It happens. Dying in DayZ is part of the game.

Edited by discipled

37 minutes ago, discipled said:

That's not a hack. That's, at best, a glitch. They mention that in the DayZ twitch stream that players can shoot through walls... If it's a high powered gun like a Mosin or Slug, those will 1 shot you close up.

In real life though, especially high powered ammunition, can and will shoot through walls. Good or not in a game, It is what it is. It happens. Dying in DayZ is part of the game.

I have watched several youtube vids on Dayz Ballistics. This was piano house. One player laydown in the middle of the upstairs room, door closed. The other player me, lay down at the top of the stairs in the middle of the room. Bang, guy in locked room lay down dead, second bang I am dead. Both had plate carriers and ballistic helmets. Shooting through walls aside which isnt a glitch its the physics there is no way those shots could have been made without a hack. Same old same old.....

PS logged through the usual channel, although will likely be ignored like the last ones i logged.

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez
addition

18 minutes ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

J'ai regardé plusieurs vidéos YouTube sur Dayz Ballistics. C'était un piano house. Un joueur se couche au milieu de la pièce à l'étage, porte fermée. L'autre joueur moi, s'est allongé en haut des escaliers au milieu de la pièce. Bang, mec dans une pièce fermée à clé est couché mort, deuxième bang je suis mort. Les deux avaient des porte-plaques et des casques balistiques. Tirer à travers les murs de côté, ce qui n'est pas un problème, c'est la physique, il n'y a aucun moyen que ces coups aient pu être faits sans un hack. Même vieux.....

I understand you completely ... But let, here on this forum they are completely in denial. They do not want to see reality in the face nor admit that this game is full of cheaters and hackers on official servers but also and especially on private servers !! Reminds me of Rainbow Six Siege in its early days where we used to hear people say, "No that's wrong, there are no cheaters and hackers, you are inventing! What balls are falling from the sky? Through a wall? You are inventing ! " Battleye release day: 4000 banns in barely 1 hour ... Seen in part by all players! No hackers, no cheaters you said? It will be the same on DayZ the day they decide to finally activate the anticheat!

16 minutes ago, lvw06 said:

I understand you completely ... But let, here on this forum they are completely in denial. They do not want to see reality in the face nor admit that this game is full of cheaters and hackers on official servers but also and especially on private servers !! Reminds me of Rainbow Six Siege in its early days where we used to hear people say, "No that's wrong, there are no cheaters and hackers, you are inventing! What balls are falling from the sky? Through a wall? You are inventing ! " Battleye release day: 4000 banns in barely 1 hour ... Seen in part by all players! No hackers, no cheaters you said? It will be the same on DayZ the day they decide to finally activate the anticheat!

In a run and gun type game you respawn and crack on. When you have spent days getting a character up to scratch, traveled the map enjoying the stunning game that it is then pop! start all over again. I am happy to be killed legitimately as its what gives you that buzz that no other game does. But just to fall to yet another cheater.... Why do these mugs do it? Cant be much fun sat on a hill with an ESP hack just shooting one after another through walls.. Very sad people indeed.....

2 hours ago, lvw06 said:

I understand you completely ... But let, here on this forum they are completely in denial. They do not want to see reality in the face nor admit that this game is full of cheaters and hackers...

Well... Here's what a developer had to say about hacking:

On 8/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, ImpulZ said:

Hi,

let me say a couple words on the cheater situation. We are very much aware of the state of hackers infiltrating the game, and that situation having escalated since the corona outbreak.

Since then, we've been in closer contact with BattlEye to ensure that measures are taken both by them and within our game. I will not go into details, as this is a security-topic. But to give you a hint regarding numbers, we have banned more accounts in 2020 so far (and I mean way more), than in the past 4 years combined (also, we are talking 5-figure numbers). So rest assured, that action is being taken, and cheaters are paying the price.

Now to the topic of player-reports: With the way we are handling cheat recognition right now, implementing a report system for players would not benefit the situation. In this context you have to consider the time for implementation, the amount of false reports that would come towards us, and the time we would have to spend to run through them. Trust me when I say that we have considered it, and found a better way.

Obviously, there wouldn't be this many topics on the forums, if cheaters weren't still an issue in the game. Fighting cheaters is and will always be a continuous effort, with more cheaters appearing the more popular the game becomes, or if they feel challenged to attack a game for other reasons.

How exactly is that denial?

• Beans 4

5 hours ago, Max Planck said:

September 19, 2020: in practice still nothing concrete. Beautiful words have had their day, now it's time for action!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 1:38 AM, Parazight said:

You've mentioned this a lot.  Let me ask, when you raise a weapon and aim at your target in real life, is it instantaneous?  I bet not.  I bet this topic was covered by the devs long before you started posting here.  And I bet the conclusion was to leave it as-is instead of changing it back to instant aim+focus.

The patch isn't too far off from the expected.  Major physics changes and overhauls are not realistic.  Some fair QoL improvements, for sure.

dude look that Twitter,or  You can find a 300 Ping server and aim a gun, and you'll see that aiming will Lag and you can't shoot right away

For some reason, it seems that the smaller barns (and some residential houses) for example are still not fixed ... cannot build a fence inside nor place any barrels, chests or crates in there.

Can someone also confirm this ?

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

11 hours ago, zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71 said:

dude look that Twitter,or  You can find a 300 Ping server and aim a gun, and you'll see that aiming will Lag and you can't shoot right away

I do not see any aiming lag. He presses and the gun raises.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Max Planck said:

Facts don’t mean anything, basically just lies that are truths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71 said:

So, you want me to choose to play on a 300 ping server in order to observe the effect in your 36-views-twitter-video?  Oh. I see that you're playing on a modded server as well.  Is BI responsible for the lag on modded servers, too?

You can't shoot right away.  The video doesn't look like there is a problem anyway.  So, you can't go from carrying the gun, aiming down sights and focusing on your target in .0627 seconds.  Seems legit to me.  Maybe you haven't actually fired ARs or hunting rifles in real life, but that's not realistic or authentic.  For a military simulator, it doesn't seem bad at all.  IRL, you don't press the right mouse button to operate a weapon.  You can't just spam the left mouse button to fire.

Maybe you're playing the wrong game if you want a twitch shooter game experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Facts don’t mean anything, basically just lies that are truths.

That is some seriously deep, desert-of-the-real, messed-up epiphany-level advice, Morpheus.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1