jakub_bohemia

Console Update 1.08

Advanced issues found

👔
26 minutes ago, The Road Warrior (DayZ) said:

So by running the numbers and some tests I've concluded the following:

A Single unarmed man can Punch through a Metal Wall/Gate in approximately; 1hr 20mins.
3 Unarmed Men can Punch through a Metal Wall/Gate in; 27mins.

Whilst this seems rather improbable at first thought, this will quickly become the new meta rather than finding tools or explosives effectively making base building rather unrewarding.
It can take hours to build just a single wall depending on finding the right tools and supplies to have it destroyed by someone that is literally unarmed in only an hour is rather upsetting.
Alternatively three unarmed guys steam roll your gate in only half hour like termites as you were away from base or logged out for that mere half hour.
EDIT: Worst case scenario; a simple AFK Macro or Auto-Clicker to take away your hard work effortlessly.

Two ideas to balance:
1: Punching has a small chance to cause bleed, so consistent punching like this is difficult
2: Remove punching as a means of damaging bases.

Thanks for the suggestion. Forwarded it to the devs 🙂

• Thanks 4
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Boroda Thug said:

On PS4 FPS drops worse than ever 

the only place I've had serious frame drops is cherno, other than that I'm sprinting all over fine. I found and fixed up a sarka as well last night and I drove it all the way to vyshnoye, only experienced 2 minor freezes but nothing as bad as 1.07, the server population was high too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

the only place I've had serious frame drops is cherno, other than that I'm sprinting all over fine. I found and fixed up a sarka as well last night and I drove it all the way to vyshnoye, only experienced 2 minor freezes but nothing as bad as 1.07, the server population was high too. 

It seems like that you never got into serious gunfights with full auto AR's. The general fps is still freaking bad if not even worse with 1.08 and cars are also as buggy as with 1.07... #facts

30 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I was not interested in the opinion of a noob who was nowhere but on the coast . Fps drawdowns are much worse than in 1.07 and this is a fact

Yes I'm on an OG xbox one and framerates are very choppy. Okay alone in very rural areas but even rural towns get choppy, went through vybor, pustoshka etc. Vybor in particular was bad walking down the main road. Was fine before. Tbh if its lighting changes then forget them till we're on next gen consoles/

Edited by JoeyB123

Hi guys, we have the first hotfix for the 1.08 update going live. We are aware of the current performance issues and crashes, and the team is looking into them as we speak. As soon as we can verify a fix for them, it will be deployed to you as a separate hotfix.

Version: 1.08.153251

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Tents could be placed from large height differences
  • Fixed: Loading a bullet could cause the weapon to break
  • Fixed: Holding an item on quickbar while opening the inventory would end up with the widget getting stuck
  • Fixed: It was not possible to stack bark in the fireplace
  • Fixed: Items did not have a proper weight when split in the inventory
  • Fixed: It was possible to refill a ruined radiator in a car
  • Fixed: Dismantling the first floor of the watchtower would set the watchtower to a ruined state
  • Fixed: It was possible to attach 4 pieces of cooking equipment to the fireplace

CHANGED

• Changed: The sceneComplexity value in the profile files is now clamped, preventing users from setting custom values
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its great that barrel lids are persistent in whatever state they've been left before sever resets (thank you) but now there's currently a sound glitch that persists after server resets on public servers.  

I have 2 barrels in a stash located way off any common travel path and while running up to said stash I could hear my barrels being opened and closed (both very distinct sounds). I was convinced someone had found it and was looting away but as I snuck up to them expecting to find a survivor I found nobody in the area and as I stood confused at my barrels (one open, one closed) the sound of them being open and closed kept repeating until I interacted with each of them. 

Its looking like it will be a great way to find peoples hidden camps and stashes but over all it will put a serious hurt on players ability to actually hide things until the issue is addressed as the sound can be heard from quite a distance out. 

Could you please please please fix the controller map... why can I zoom with a hunting scope on my gun but when I try and zoom with a hunting scope in my hands it open my hot bar?.... it’s dumb. Like you rushed the mapping. I should also be able to zoom (double tap L1) while in free look? Why can I not do this? Like you have the seething with “with hands raised” why can’t you put in “while in free look toggle R2 for zoom” or R3 as I do not need to heavy attack while I’m am running and looking behind me! (R3 has no single use in free look only double tap for 1pp or 3pp. This could easily be addressed. This is a huge problem for console! I can’t be the only one. Thank you for your time.... please someone send to devs!!!!!!

5 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

It seems like that you never got into serious gunfights with full auto AR's. The general fps is still freaking bad if not even worse with 1.08 and cars are also as buggy as with 1.07... #facts

hahaha thats laughable mate, I have a ka 101 and ka 74 bro so don't come with that noob rubbish 😆  I transferred from livonia to check out the new locations. so yea I've had plenty of full auto fights, dont make assumptions man they just make you look silly.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

I was not interested in the opinion of a noob who was nowhere but on the coast . Fps drawdowns are much worse than in 1.07 and this is a fact

I'm not experiencing this FACT of yours, I transferred from livonia fully geared (ka 101 ka 74, full military gear including nvgs) man it might be your Internet connection, ever thought of that before making silly assumptions? I'm playing on a ps4 slim with super fast fibre optic Broadband. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Please fix the locks u can not type the codes in from of the doors we had to fuck all of our base 2 get in becauae you have change the distance to type in the code we had to get throw 6 walls all with locks and the barewire will cut u ever when its not been put on just it attached to the fence without puttting it on with pliers still cuts u load why first ot was on the gates in 1.07 when out will cut u now it only has to be attached and it will cut u please fix

1 hour ago, 999white999 said:

Please fix the locks u can not type the codes in from of the doors we had to fuck all of our base 2 get in becauae you have change the distance to type in the code we had to get throw 6 walls all with locks and the barewire will cut u ever when its not been put on just it attached to the fence without puttting it on with pliers still cuts u load why first ot was on the gates in 1.07 when out will cut u now it only has to be attached and it will cut u please fix

Yea. Forget having barb wire on your gate. Oof

1 hour ago, rackinglad27 said:

I'm not experiencing this FACT of yours, I transferred from livonia fully geared (ka 101 ka 74, full military gear including nvgs) man it might be your Internet connection, ever thought of that before making silly assumptions? I'm playing on a ps4 slim with super fast fibre optic Broadband. 

I don't care where you transfered from but your laughable with your slim and your super fast fibre optic connection. Do you realize than you could play "any modern" game with dedicated servers even with a slow ass 2000/448kbits ADSL connection if your line isn't satuarated while playing or you do have a decent QoS setup in play, you freaking tech noob. And do you realize that FPS aren't related to the connection at all? I guess you have no Idea at all so your the silly one here.

Btw, I do own a PS4-Pro + SSD and 500/100mbps FTTH connection and I've talked to many friends and players since 1.08 and "ALL" of them experience serious fps drops in gunfights and bad performance in general + crashes. #facts

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

22 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

I don't care where you transfered from but your laughable with your slim and your super fast fibre optic connection. Do you realize than you could play "any modern" game with dedicated servers even with a slow ass 2000/448kbits ADSL connection if your line isn't satuarated while playing or you do have a decent QoS setup in play, you freaking tech noob. And do you realize that FPS aren't related to the connection at all? I guess you have no Idea at all so your the silly one here.

Btw, I do own a PS4-Pro + SSD and 500/100mbps FTTH connection and I've talked to many friends and players since 1.08 and "ALL" of them experience serious fps drops in gunfights and bad performance in general + crashes. #facts

its not facts at all for me, im not going to agree with what your saying when I'm not experiencing issues like you with day z. haha your trying to force me to agree with you? sorry man but that's you and "your friends" experience 😄 and I think you will find that Internet connection does play into it, it happens on other games if your Internet connection is poor like battlefield for example, it makes you glitch all over and freeze. I'm not saying day z doesn't have its problems but the ones you have stated are not "factual" for me. what country are you from by the way?

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

When you press choose placement on a shovel then go to dig something up IT GLITCHES OUT YOUR CRATE. I CANT PICK IT UP OR BURY IT! Please fix

Please allow us to move while using rags or bandage complete sitting duck.

Also can you please look at zombie AI if some one shoots at you the zombies chase you not the guy shooting his gun at you doesn't matter about distance they still chase the person being shot not the shooter. This one is old.

13 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

Я не испытываю этот ваш ФАКТ, я перевел из Ливонии полностью подготовленного (101 ка 74, полный военный инвентарь, включая nvgs) человек, это может быть ваше интернет-соединение, вы когда-нибудь думали об этом, прежде чем делать глупые предположения? Я играю на PS4 Slim с супер быстрым оптоволоконным широкополосным. 

The developers themselves recognize these problems and you try to tell me about my Internet connection)))) you look like a fool.

This may be a Nitrado problem; but what happened to damage logs? Destroying logs helped Role-Play servers control offline raiding. We want bases to be destroyed but we also want to be able to track it. Having indestructible bases is not realistic in any way. Is there anything that will change to give us back those desperately needs logs? 

02.07.2020 в 16:00 ImpulZ сказал:

Привет, ребята, у нас появилось первое исправление для обновлений 1.08. Мы знаем о текущих проблемах производительности, и команда изучает их, пока мы говорим. Мы сможем проверить исправление для них.

Версия: 1.08.153251

ИГРА

ФИКСИРОВАННЫЙ

• Исправлено: палатки могут быть размещены
  • Исправлено: загрузка пули может привести к поломке оружия
  • Исправлено: удержание элемента на быстрой панели при открытии инвентаря
  • Исправлено: не было возможности складывать кору в камин
  • Исправлено: Предметы не имеют достаточного веса при разделении в инвентаре
  • Исправлено: можно было заправить разрушенный радиатор в машине
  • Исправлено: демонтаж первого этажа сторожевой башни
  • Исправлено: было возможно прикрепить 4 части кухонного оборудования к камину

ИЗМЕНИТЬ

• Изменено: значение sceneСложность в файле профиля теперь заблокирована, что не позволяет пользователям использовать пользовательские 
Edited by Boroda Thug

Zdravím Bohemia Interactive. Mal by som na tvorcou DayZ malý dotaz. Prečo hráči konzol sú ochudobeny o obsah ako na PC? Ako je napríklad vozidlo V3s atď.

Za skorú odpoveď ďakujem. Hráč DayZ. 

My friend just told me that there is community server with 150 slots and another one with 120 slots. I thought that he was joking since everything above 60 slots is basically unplayable when full pop but I just checked the community server list and he wasn't joking... 😮

Cmon there is no f**** way that Nitrado does offer servers with that many slots, the 100 slot servers are already pure scam, because the performance is so damn bad above 60 slots but 120 or 150 slots I mean WTF @DayZ and @Nitrado!

Edited by SillyJoe
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, matty_21ps said:

Please allow us to move while using rags or bandage complete sitting duck.

Also can you please look at zombie AI if some one shoots at you the zombies chase you not the guy shooting his gun at you doesn't matter about distance they still chase the person being shot not the shooter. This one is old.

Bandages I think are fine how they are. Maybe they could add a tourniquet to be a little quicker but you would still have to stop to apply to legs and it wouldn't work on your body or head obviously.

I think the problem with zombies is they hear the bullet crack before the rifle itself or the bullet hits close to them so they follow it and in some cases the crack is just louder than the muzzle report as well especially with suppressors.