Tom_48_97

On the Road to Livonia!

header-on the road to livonia.jpg

The DayZ Livonia PC Open Beta concluded last week, thank you so much for jumping in. It was a pleasure playing with you and seeing how you survived this new, harsh, and challenging piece of land. We have collected a lot of feedback and data – we are grateful for your help.

LivoniaOpenBetaDeathHeatmap.jpg

More than 80,000 survivors died during the Open Beta

New Terrain, New Challenges!

Livonia brings back the feeling of being lost, even the most experienced survivors may need to innovate in order to remain alive. To survive this new unfamiliar environment populated by infected, and animals – including bears, kings of the vast southern forest – players will quickly have to learn how to forage, fish, and hunt in this new wilderness to keep themselves from starving.

Behind its idyllic landscape, Livonia's late-summer climate can become hostile with heavy rainfalls, thunderstorms, and low temperatures, forcing players to take shelter with enough supplies to wait it out.

LivoniaStoreGhostVillage.jpg

A ghost village during a storm

This Eastern European terrain covers the southern Topolin-Nadbór region of the larger Polish-speaking country of Livonia. The new topography brings lush green landscapes, dense forests, overgrown fields, winding rivers, serene lakes, murky swamps, an array of dilapidated structures, and various remnants of an abandoned society.

Update 1.06

Livonia will be released alongside the Update 1.06 featuring new weapons and magazines (e.g., drum & high capacity), fishing, a bear(*), changes, tweaks, fixes, and even possibly the arrival of the server browser in the launcher.

The update is fully available on DayZ Experimental, and a handful of official servers are available – we invite you to hop in to try it out.

LivoniaStoreFishing.jpg

Fishing is a great way to relax, catch junk, and occasionally some fish

Livonia Release

First of all, due to the nature of the additions to the game, we aren't ready to announce a final release date for DayZ Livonia and the Update 1.06, although it's scheduled for the upcoming weeks, simultaneously on all three platforms(**).

All we can tell at the moment is that the price will be under €15. The final prices will be announced later.

PS: Some of you may have seen November 13 as the release date but as mentioned on Twittersomeone got a bit too excited. We will keep the date a secret until the very last minute.

On behalf of the DayZ team,

Julien V.

Project Lead.

(*) The bear will be available to all DayZ owners on the release of the DLC
(**) Depending on the constraints and specifics of each platform

• Like 6
  • Beans 4

Can you tell us what week will the release be? next week? or the week after that? 🙂 hopefully that is... nothing confirmed... solid... just estimates and hope

27 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Can you tell us what week will the release be? next week? or the week after that? 🙂 hopefully that is... nothing confirmed... solid... just estimates and hope

Did you even read? It clearly states "We will keep the date a secret until the very last minute.".

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

Did you even read? It clearly states "We will keep the date a secret until the very last minute.".

that's for DLC... i said about the update xD

be smart guys, learn to read post as i do 🗣️

1) it's scheduled for the upcoming weeks = it means NO in the next two weeks 

2) under € 15 = it means over € 10

Nick, master poker game 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

that's for DLC... i said about the update xD

Well, there are 2 releases, 1.06 (which is already released on Experimental) and Livonia. If you've mentioned 1.06 or better yet, 1.06 on Stable, there wouldn't be any miscommunication.

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

Well, there are 2 releases, 1.06 (which is already released on Experimental) and Livonia. If you've mentioned 1.06 or better yet, 1.06 on Stable, there wouldn't be any miscommunication.

obviously i meant Stable...

3 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

obviously i meant Stable...

I don't think you did but because I called you out on not reading the post, you quickly made up this excuse. 😉

But let's not derail this topic.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

I don't think you did but because I called you out on not reading the post, you quickly made up this excuse. 😉

But let's not derail this topic.

bruh... i literally played 1.06 experimental like 2 days ago... wdym

i read the post and i read about the release date but my brain doesn't have enough memory to keep that shit in there...so i forgot about it

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

bruh... i literally played 1.06 experimental like 2 days ago... wdym

i read the post and i read about the release date but my brain doesn't have enough memory to keep that shit in there...so i forgot about it

Well you do end up in a lot of post battles with multiple people here on this forum,.

So bruh.... Selfreflect some more. Your age is obviously showing.

• Thanks 1

When I first heard about a paid map, I thought 'like hell you're gonna get my money'. But now I'm a buyer. I like the new content and I'm defo interested in the new map.

Lots of us are curious if this will come with a server wipe, as we don’t want to devote a bunch of time in to persistence based game play if it will be wiped before Dec 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Well you do end up in a lot of post battles with multiple people here on this forum,.

So bruh.... Selfreflect some more. Your age is obviously showing.

you want a video chat on discord so i can show you my ID so you can finally shut yo toxic ass up because you're seriously going on my fcking nerves with that im a kid bullshit... seriously... who even says that? only kids say that to act mature... get off my back

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Good information @Devteam, thanks.

43 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

y who even says that? only kids say that to act mature... get off my backi 

Well im An old idiot so appearently old idiots say those things. 🙂

but i Will get off your back. 👍

• Thanks 1

Any advice how server owners are going to be able to have Livonia for their users? Any ins & outs would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, Tom_48_97 said:

All we can tell at the moment is that the price will be under €15. The final prices will be announced later.

Seems like a fair price.

• Beans 1

48 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Seems like a fair price.

Agreed, not the 0 I hoped as promised but understandable. Its a fun map

I personally can't wait, take my money already!  hope it comes with full public server wipe for xbox also. Servers are getting incredible desyncy & I'm sure new players would love the chance to see an assault rifle before there all stashed away and cap out the max spawn limit again. Good work by the team though

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bongsmen089765 said:

Are you guys going to fix the cars everyone is looking for an update on this or storage getting glitched and ghost bullets???? @Tom_48_97

Cars are not bugged.. It just isn't a bug... You people need to realise that car physics are processed on the server... Not on your PC/console... It's server side not client side.. Therefore... If server gets a lag spike or internet becomes poop the car will lag out... It is literally not a bug it's just lag from the server... Only thing devs can do is optimize the game server side... Optimize the code and all that... But even if they do.. And they keep it server side... Stuff like that will still happen because of the server being hosted on hot potato... 

About ghost bullets.. That also happens when server is poo poo... But is a bug it happens with server to client desynchronization... Which they probably can fix... But cars... Yea that's just server lag... Nothing they can do except optimize... 

Do yourself a favour and find a good quality server with low ping... That's how my cars on PC always run good.. And only tend to fly on official servers... 

nice you spit in oure face we payd a lot of money 

got screwd from day one for years

now we have to pay again for things that this game already got new old guns

you try to screw us  again

Edited by bernhard nitzer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bernhard nitzer said:

nice you spit in oure face we payd a lot of money 

got screwd from day one for years

now we have to pay again for things that this game already got new old guns

you try to screw us  again

You didn't "payd" a lot of money, if you are playing on PC....

And when times get tough and you feel like venting here...just think about all those folks who blindly dropped 60 bucks on games like No Mans Sky, Fallout 76, and Red Dead Redemption 2.

If you don't want to get screwed....then don't pull your pants down and beg for it.

Sorry to be a bit abrasive, my man...but things are slowly starting to get sorted out (compared to the shit show of 1.0) and while there are still MANY issues to resolve, it really comes down to whether you are willing to let go of the pain from the previous disasters and just be a littler more patient and understanding. Trust me, as I have over 2000 hours in the SA and I have had my fair share of rants and rages at the devs and their decisions...but the fact is...the DLC is optional, and the core gameplay is indeed improving and being expanded upon...Stability is a concern, yes….but I think it boils down to the fact that BI just don't have the right formula in terms of staff expertise, management, and they also are still trying to come to grips with the game engine overall. Add to these challenges the fact that they chose to release on consoles DURING development and you honestly have to respect that this is going to be a mess for a while longer.

Patience, and Peace, my fellow survivor...

• Like 1
  • Beans 2