Richard Ashley

A pve mode but with purpose on official.

So after playing this game for a few months now on ps4 me and my friends have all came up with the same idea. A pve mode should be added where zombies spawn alot more and everywhere not just towns. Along with this you obviosuly wont be able to damage other players or there builds as well as zombies not being able to walk through them either. You could make esential things like food and water more rare and other things like ammo and maybe guns. i feel like this would help grow the community out because i for one hate being killed on sight but love the game, it could inspire things like trading and comunities it would put a whole new aspect on the game and i know that me and many other people would be alot more invested in the game if it were to get something like this. it would be hard to pull off but it would be amazing maybe no building in military zones and other restrictions. if you think this a god idea like or do whatever you can to get this message to someone who can help make it real.

l

Your cartoon world where people magically cannot be harmed is NOT synonymous with the apocalypse, and the only time my adrenaline starts pumping, is when I see another survivor. And when wolves howl. That threat of death makes this game what it is: gritty, cunning, strategic, brutal, and a mostly merciless environment. You ever been out in the woods for a few days? Shit is real when you are not at the top of the food chain. And please, no infected in the woods, though, I must admit, a roaming pack would be cool now and then.

There are decent private servers doing some of the things you are asking.

Nonetheless... I agree that food could be quite a bit more scarce. Maybe a tweak for slower death from starvation to accompany this change?

Trading and friendly encounters are happening in my home server, I play hardcore official. Guns, NVG, and batteries are common currency. Most other items are too plentiful, which is problematic, and what you describe. This could be as a result of the server population being lower than half, but it seemed the same even when there were high numbers.

I tracked a player down yesterday, he was a n00b, quite friendly, and probably a little startled to turn around and see me standing there. I told him to play smarter, that most folks would kill him (to get him thinking less casually), gave him a quick primer on the terrain ahead, then I bestowed to he the M70 off my back and a stack of rounds.

I've been much happier playing on first person only servers. The demographic seems more mature.

KoS players are either jaded and/or scared of you killing them first, or worse, are just trigger happy to rummage through your gear for a spare battery or a can of bacon, all the while understanding the kind of pain you go through because of perma death.

Stay sharp and keep your head on a swivel!

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

With 1.06 comes, among other things, a balance pass of the survival aspects of the game, there will be more infected, less food, more rain, more predators. This moves the game closer towards its original concept which wasn't so much run and gun as hardcore survival. Not everyone will like it, but it is as it should be. As for players not being able to hurt each other, that will never happen in the vanilla game, but there are already "PvE"-servers with strict no-KOS rules enforced by the owners.

Hopefully server owners on console will be able to configure their servers a bit more in the future, while you'll never get modding as it works on PC I don't understand why server hosts cannot work with the server side configuration files. These are simple .xml-files, even I who don't know anything about coding have managed to tweak loot tables and flood my server with hordes of infected. This should be accessible to community servers on console too.

• Thanks 1

Hey @Derleth, do you think we will see bears in 1.06 around S. Zagoria?  I heard that the features and updates of Livonia would all be implemented into the current map.

20 minutes ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Hey @Derleth, do you think we will see bears in 1.06 around S. Zagoria?  I heard that the features and updates of Livonia would all be implemented into the current map.

Yes, the only thing locked to the DLC is the map Livonia iself, bears will wander into Chernarus. Hopefully they will also use some of the new assets from Livonia to give parts of old Chernarus a facelift...

• Thanks 1