Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

Hello Survivors,

We have a new Experimental Update going live with the patch 1.06.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME Update 1.06.152885 (08.01.2020)

FIXED

• Fixed: A client crash
  • Fixed: Character stats would not properly synchronise and update in the main menu

SERVER

• Fixed: Servers could get stuck in a loop trying to disconnect players

GAME Update 1.06.152871 (18.12.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: a potential crash related to object placement

GAME Update 1.06.152858 (10.12.2019)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Swapping within cargo
    • Fixed: The right side far resolution LODs of the Gunter 2 were only changing their color when damaged
    • Fixed: Items would not attach to the correct attachment slot during base building
    • Fixed: Base building/cars dragging attachments
    • Fixed: Movement inputs would be obstructed while using radial menus
    • Fixed: The boletus mushroom would spawn with a wrong rotation
    • Fixed: When the weapon in hand was hidden during certain actions, loaded cartridges would float in the air
    • Fixed: A server error when picking up items
    • Fixed: Two exploits that could break the character animations
    • Fixed: Head of the character was not healing from damage
    • Fixed: Base building items would be assigned to the wrong slot
    • Fixed: Damage to the head was not regenerating

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Fireplace fuel consumption lowered (doubled the burning time)
    • Tweaked: Increased the damage dealt by 9x39 projectile
    • Tweaked: Increased the damage from projectiles to the zombie head (damage zone)

SERVER

• Tweaked: Updated the offline database

GAME Update 1.06.152829 (28.11.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: A server error related to the swapping of items

GAME Update 1.06.152807 (26.11.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: A server error related to the swapping of item attachments
    • Fixed: NBC clothing was not repairable

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: The bleeding tick rate is now applied every three seconds (overall loss is still the same)

GAME Update 1.06.152804 (22.11.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: A server crash connected to flying vehicles
    • Fixed: Players could get launched off buildings just after leaving a ladder
    • Fixed: Animals would slide during certain animations
    • Fixed: An exploit abusing a building occluder
    • Fixed: Mich2001Helmet no longer gets wet
    • Fixed: Clipping camera when using the BK-133 shotgun in iron sights

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Worn clothes should dry up faster near a fireplace
    • Tweaked: Slightly increased the night-time temperature on Chernarus

GAME Update 1.06.152783 (18.11.2019)

ADDED

• Added: Enabled further logging to find the cause of a common server crash

GAME Update 1.06.152767 (13.11.2019)

ADDED

• Added: Vaiga Shotgun with attachments
    • Added: Blaze rifle
    • Added: BK-43 with sawed-off version
    • Added: Kolt 1911 with magazine
    • Added: Magazine variants for existing weapons (drum mags, high capacity mags, etc.)
    • Added: Bear
    • Added: Fishing
    • Added: Item attachments can now be damaged
    • Added: Ability to harvest sticks from bushes with bare hands
    • Added: Ability to break long-sticks into small sticks with bare hands
    • Added: Cars have now a chance to spawn with a certain amount of fuel
    • Added: Distinguished colour when swapping in the inventory where the target item will have a different location than the source item
    • Added: Throwing in crouched and prone stance
    • Added: Items are spawning in greenhouses
    • Added: Ejecting rounds from firearms
    • Added: GUI visualization of reserved attachments

MODDING

• Added: isDigable and isFertile parameters for config class CfgSurfaces (See the documentation for more information)
    • Added: ScriptAPI: array.resize, array.sort
    • Added: Ability to control the base height for the height-based fog using volFogOffset parameter into CfgWorlds (value is in meters)
    • Added: Ability to utilize the OnBeforeChange functionality for the weather events, on custom terrains (see the constructor of the MissionBase class for more info)
    • Added: swayModifier to weapon
    • Added: Support for cURL headers
    • Added: Sending ChatMessageEvent when a chat message is received on server - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143957
    • Fixed: Round models linked in config for weapons (spawn rounds when ejected from weapon, used for proxy bullets)
    • Fixed: Default buttons looked incorrect in specific resolutions - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T144856
    • Changed: Refactoring of unused singleton
    • Changed: m_WeaponSwayModifier in DayZPlayerCameraIronsights.c to make sway difference between cameras less significant (easier to fine-tune)
    • Changed: The environment temperature definition has been moved from configs (cfgworlds weather class) into the appropriate script worlddata classes (see 4_World\Classes\Worlds)

KNOWN ISSUES

• The Sarka 120, Gunther 2, and Bear are currently not spawning.

This is only a provisional changelog. The full patchnotes will be released with the 1.06 Stable Update.

• Like 7
    • Beans 5

@Greensek

Thanks for the update!

One question though: you say you've added the bear, but it's not spawning.  Can you elaborate on that for us please?  Is the bear broken in this patch?  Can Community Server owners turn it on if they want or will we have to wait for a subsequent update to spawn the bear?

It seemed to work fine in Livonia, so I'm just surprised that it's not spawning in Chernarus is all.

• Like 1

Just now, drgullen said:

@Greensek

Thanks for the update!

One question though: you say you've added the bear, but it's not spawning.  Can you elaborate on that for us please?  Is the bear broken in this patch?  Can Community Server owners turn it on if they want or will we have to wait for a subsequent update to spawn the bear?

It seemed to work fine in Livonia, so I'm just surprised that it's not spawning in Chernarus is all.

It's either a bug or they haven't set the spawn points for the Bear... But cars not spawning is definitely a bug... Might have something to do with V3S imo

3 minutes ago, drgullen said:

@Greensek

Thanks for the update!

It should get fixed soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ted-7bab7e1a6d25e5aa said:

Sorry, I really don't want to troll but I really expected more after the long wait. I really hope the above changelog isn't everything.

"This is only a provisional changelog. The full patchnotes will be released with the 1.06 Stable Update."

Reading is hard, dude, I know. 

• Like 1
    • Haha 5
    • Beans 1

This is only a provisional changelog

Besides that, there will be any mention about public servers (bad) performance? Improvements? Changes? Anything? Thanks

• Like 4

Let's do this baby! Thank you for all your hard and amazing work. We absolutely love y'all!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ted-7bab7e1a6d25e5aa said:

Sorry, I really don't want to troll but I really expected more after the long wait. I really hope the above changelog isn't everything.

This is not all and it does state at the bottom of the changelog "This is only a provisional changelog. The full patchnotes will be released with the 1.06 Stable Update." Even if this was everything, I would still be grateful that we have new content.

1 minute ago, Topherjack said:

This is not all and it does state at the bottom of the changelog "This is only a provisional changelog. The full patchnotes will be released with the 1.06 Stable Update." Even if this was everything, I would still be grateful that we have new content.

Aye. The whole list of tweaks and bugfixes is missing for example, this post only talks about added features and modding. In itself a pretty impressive list, but @Ted-7bab7e1a6d25e5aa you can rest assured that there is plenty more to this patch than what you can read above.

@Greensek, can I please, please please ask that types.xml and event.xml be ordered alphabetically as in previous releases. It was very useful to be able to go in and diff them to figure out changes.

• Beans 2

It would have been so nice if you guys had made a clear statement here on the forum about the date this would drop.

Most of the Xbox-community was expecting both this and Livonia to drop today as Xbox Insider had claimed it would a month ago and there have been utter confusion about what is happening ever since.

Bah.

Does anyone know when the 1.06 update are coming out?

53 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

It would have been so nice if you guys had made a clear statement here on the forum about the date this would drop.

Most of the Xbox-community was expecting both this and Livonia to drop today as Xbox Insider had claimed it would a month ago and there have been utter confusion about what is happening ever since.

Bah.

Xbox Insider is not Bohemia, and Bohemia has said repeatedly, "we don't have a date yet"

Don't understand why this is so hard for people. And really, what is the "utter confusion"...? The DLC is either out, or it isn't. Are you fumbling around in the dark unable to dress and feed yourself because the DLC isn't out on the date you thought it was? Are you going to die from a heart attack?  You just have to...wait longer than you thought. That's it. Wow. I think we will be fine. 

• Like 1
    • Beans 2

55 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Bah.

Then I guess you should not believe what you read there .. only what dayz says in tweets or dev announcements

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

Then I guess you should not believe what you read there .. only what dayz says in tweets or dev announcements

We did get 1.06 today 13th November so it wasn't a lie after all xD

How about we fix the gun-in-hand on death bug though? Possibly rag-doll to help with the constant body-in-wall issue as well

1 hour ago, DafixCz said:

@Greensek Hi, is this problem fixed in 1.06?  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141495

Inventory in buildings like the closets is in experimental for testing it's a dev thing that will not be in the final stable build of the update... It's just something... Nobody really knows what it is why is it here except the devs and it's some top secret shit... So it's not really a bug xd

Just now, TheSherms12 said:

How about we fix the gun-in-hand on death bug though? Possibly rag-doll to help with the constant body-in-wall issue as well

They are probably aware of the issue and fix will come when it's done

3 hours ago, Ted-7bab7e1a6d25e5aa said:

Im with you on this one. I too hope there is more to come. Bit disappointing really.

3 hours ago, thepoey said:

"This is only a provisional changelog. The full patchnotes will be released with the 1.06 Stable Update."

Reading is hard, dude, I know. 

In his defense tho a provisional changelog? Really? 

Whatever happend to the "testing" of experimental before the push to stable?And for that we need most if not all update info. 

They should go back to the reall difference between stable And exp. Make sure stable runs solid. And then use the exp branch to try out (new) items, animations, mechanics etc.

Edited by McWendy
    Typo

Hello, with the IZH Shotgun, when we are down and we advance we hear a sound of blow ax or knife, it's very annoying to be discreet it's not great, plz fix that

PS: remove the stamina ... :(