oDesigns

1.05 NO SERVER WIPE

So I heard they might have a server wipe again because some of you idiotic f**ks think people are “duping” it’s called fucken grinding hard and harder than most you cry baby’s I know that because my entire clan has been grinding hard on getting guns,materials, & base building. y’all should be blaming Bohemian for only putting in a limited of guns to spawn in the servers. @ImpulZ it ain’t fair to us players who actually grind on this game. Then we also had to deal with the server shut down and having to move and rebuild our base on a different server was a challenge and a pain in the ass! Y’all need to get your shit together

They better not server wipe again. The amount of time my friend and I spent moving our base to the new server... and the amount of guns/tents/building supplies we have had to accumulate all over again takes alot of time. Talk about grinding. I will honestly stop playing this game if they AGAIN do a server wipe due to people assuming the people working hard are just cheating.

Each new update will certainly require a server side wipe.

It helps keep the game fresh and with the added new features/bug fixes etc. Also gives players a new/fresh challenge.

If its a private server, there may be an option not to update, therefore no wipe. However, playing on that server means no updates to the game.

I don't run a private so cant confirm on that, just presuming...

Games like RUST have regular server wipes. Some servers wipe on a weekly basis!

On 8/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, thepodge said:

Each new update will certainly require a server side wipe.

It helps keep the game fresh and with the added new features/bug fixes etc. Also gives players a new/fresh challenge.

If its a private server, there may be an option not to update, therefore no wipe. However, playing on that server means no updates to the game.

I don't run a private so cant confirm on that, just presuming...

Games like RUST have regular server wipes. Some servers wipe on a weekly basis!

Unacceptable.

I know of no other game on PS4 (Which I have played) that wipes the players progress on a regular basis.

If this is going to be the case then I want my £40 back and I will uninstall the game. I knew what I was getting into when I bought DayZ, I knew about the bugs, glitches, that it was not a "complete" game, and all the other stuff and I am fine with that. 

Regular server wipes however, I am not fine with. How are the player base supposed to get any kind of "community" going when everything starts from scratch again every couple of months? (not to mention the "accidental" character wipes that happen too).

It is ok to say "just pretend you died, you would have died at some point anyway, and it keeps the game fresh". But that is certainly not the case for the guys who like to build bases, bases which take a lot of time to finish, bases for which the materials alone are a massive grind. Or the poor guy who just completed a car, only to have it robbed from him a week later by a server wipe.

Edited by Duck Solo

4 hours ago, Cartel1017Mafia2 said:

Well believe it , When there is a new update there is Always a server wipe .Dont cry just build again .

I don't build, but I feel sorry for the guys who do, and sink a hell of a lot of their time into it because they have fun progressing in the game. Only to have their progress removed and it is not even their own fault.

That should not happen. I don't care if they do server resets all the time on PC. PC is rampant with hackers and cheats, it probably needs it anyway.

I started playing on PS4 because of the hackers and cheats on PC. Server wipes will not be popular here on PS4, console gamers expect more, because a decent standard is what they usually get when they pay full price for a game..

If this carries on then DayZ will bleed players until the servers are pretty much empty. I can guarantee that the amount of players who don't want server wipes all the time will far outweigh the ones who do (or don't mind).

I know PC players don't care that much (I never did when I was a PC gamer) but console players want reasonable quality for their money, and if they don't get it, they go play something else...

Edited by Duck Solo

30 minutes ago, Duck Solo said:

I don't build, but I feel sorry for the guys who do, and sink a hell of a lot of their time into it because they have fun progressing in the game. Only to have their progress removed and it is not even their own fault.

That should not happen. I don't care if they do server resets all the time on PC. PC is rampant with hackers and cheats, it probably needs it anyway.

I started playing on PS4 because of the hackers and cheats on PC. Server wipes will not be popular here on PS4, console gamers expect more, because a decent standard is what they usually get when they pay full price for a game..

If this carries on then DayZ will bleed players until the servers are pretty much empty. I can guarantee that the amount of players who don't want server wipes all the time will far outweigh the ones who do (or don't mind).

I know PC players don't care that much (I never did when I was a PC gamer) but console players want reasonable quality for their money, and if they don't get it, they go play something else...

I agree with your post. 

I just started to build a base and the worst thing about a reset would be the fact that certain items are actually hard to come by. I don't know how private servers do a wipe when they have 2 options, restart and shutdown, I can imagine the latter would server wipe, but if that's the case, no wonder so many servers are password protected.  

The servers should have a loot reset, rather than a server wipe, bases, barrels, tents, vehicles and chests (all kinds), should remain untouched... Everything else should get wiped, guns and ammo are easy to find, bases and vehicles (parts) are not... Bohemian need to find a better solution than clearing the map every update... You can't progress within a game when you go back to square one every few months, what's the point in playing (long term players) if you can't play... Makes you wonder why players have started to duplicate load outs and go hunting for players in packs, doesn't it, what's the point in playing to survive when you can play to shoot people for no reason knowing you'll get reset anyway. 

GTA doesn't do it, COD doesn't do it, Fifa doesn't do it, among others, DayZ should be no different. 

If it happens every update, I'll be moving to a private server or a new game myself, I'm just a fish in this water, but if I plan to do it, I'm sure there are others who think alike. 

This is partly why I've moved from public servers to a private server.   I don't see the point of public servers anymore - they are unfun.   If you guys wanna eat that crap sandwich, go for it.  I'm done with them.   The only other reason I'll be joining a public server is if I wanna PVP and just kill everyone I come across for no reason, I mean, why the fuck not?   The servers will be wiped anyway, any loss that is going to happen, is going to happen anyway.   

9 hours ago, PooPooBumBum said:

GTA doesn't do it, COD doesn't do it, Fifa doesn't do it, among others, DayZ should be no different

Did you just compare cod, Fifa and gta to dayz? All 4 games have 0 in common, you can't dupe in the other 3, you can in dayz, once duping is fixed, server wipes may not be needed. 

11 hours ago, BodycountAU said:

Did you just compare cod, Fifa and gta to dayz? All 4 games have 0 in common, you can't dupe in the other 3, you can in dayz, once duping is fixed, server wipes may not be needed. 

The point he was making is that COD, FIFA and GTA do have something in common...They don't wipe the player's progress.

Duping should be fixed already in DayZ. It should have been a priority since launch. They should have sorted it by now. With the huge influx of money they got from PS4 sales, they could have dedicated a person or two just to solving the duping issue. Surely it can't be THAT hard.

They are literally wrecking their own game by not fixing it and constantly wiping player progress.

People will still play it (I will still play it) but it will become harder and harder to find a populated server (it is already becoming difficult to find one). When I first started playing I saw other players quite regularly. The last bunch of times I have logged on I have seen no-one, probably about 15 to 20 hours in total and never saw another player.

Edited by Duck Solo

12 hours ago, Duck Solo said:

The point he was making is that COD, FIFA and GTA do have something in common...They don't wipe the player's progress.

Duping should be fixed already in DayZ. It should have been a priority since launch. They should have sorted it by now. With the huge influx of money they got from PS4 sales, they could have dedicated a person or two just to solving the duping issue. Surely it can't be THAT hard.

They are literally wrecking their own game by not fixing it and constantly wiping player progress.

People will still play it (I will still play it) but it will become harder and harder to find a populated server (it is already becoming difficult to find one). When I first started playing I saw other players quite regularly. The last bunch of times I have logged on I have seen no-one, probably about 15 to 20 hours in total and never saw another player.

That's exactly my point, thank you. 

You know what's funny, I'm the other way round, when I first started, I barely saw anyone, after the update, I'd have been lucky to been able to stand still without seeing someone... Strange how things work 

On 9/14/2019 at 12:28 AM, BodycountAU said:

My progress has been wiped in cod before 😂

How many times and how often though?

It will also have been accidental most likely, not just to try and fix a broken game.

a server wipe is needed every so often, I mean they do it on pc for each big update. So why not dayz? It would only make sense 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, oDesigns said:

So I heard they might have a server wipe again because some of you idiotic f**ks think people are “duping” it’s called fucken grinding hard and harder than most you cry baby’s I know that because my entire clan has been grinding hard on getting guns,materials, & base building. y’all should be blaming Bohemian for only putting in a limited of guns to spawn in the servers. @ImpulZ it ain’t fair to us players who actually grind on this game. Then we also had to deal with the server shut down and having to move and rebuild our base on a different server was a challenge and a pain in the ass! Y’all need to get your shit together

Me and my buddies have been "grinding" for two weeks straight. Hitting every single military base multiple times and after multiple server resets. Havent found a single m4 or ak. Has nothing to do with being a "cry baby". It has everything to do with the unreasonable loot economy because some players that have no life outside of dayz can spend all night and day after a fresh update to find and stash all the guns. Dupers arent the only issue. Plenty of players find and stash enough guns and that screws up the economy too. 

If they cant figure out how to fix duping and players like yourself want to stash a ton of guns, then maybe they should find a happy medium and just wipe all underground stashes. Tents can be more fair to find and raid but this abundance of underground stash sites with a ton of duped and saved guns is dumb. 

Just a note, some of use have busy lives outside of dayz and still want to be able to enjoy every aspect of this game just like everyone else when we sit down and play for a bit to have fun. Kinda BS when after weeks of playing and searching and I only have a SKS. 

I'm more then happy with my tundra haha, maybe they should make some kind of metal detector, that beeps or something if you're in the vicinity of a stash, I'm talking a few meters away. 

On 9/18/2019 at 1:34 AM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Me and my buddies have been "grinding" for two weeks straight. Hitting every single military base multiple times and after multiple server resets. Havent found a single m4 or ak. Has nothing to do with being a "cry baby". It has everything to do with the unreasonable loot economy because some players that have no life outside of dayz can spend all night and day after a fresh update to find and stash all the guns. Dupers arent the only issue. Plenty of players find and stash enough guns and that screws up the economy too. 

If they cant figure out how to fix duping and players like yourself want to stash a ton of guns, then maybe they should find a happy medium and just wipe all underground stashes. Tents can be more fair to find and raid but this abundance of underground stash sites with a ton of duped and saved guns is dumb. 

Just a note, some of use have busy lives outside of dayz and still want to be able to enjoy every aspect of this game just like everyone else when we sit down and play for a bit to have fun. Kinda BS when after weeks of playing and searching and I only have a SKS. 

While you have a point, Imagine the people who get the gun m4 off the raid or killing the guy,  Most people's mind set on console is this I've found out " Find a AR, Hide that Shiz immediately" 
And it would just be tucked away again, First day I found a m4 and ak74s all over and 2 days later nothing, 2 weeks later nothing , a month later nothing, on a low pop, And Stupid me I didnt take all the guns I found at the time because I figured the loot was always going to be like that but Ive gotten use to the basic weapons you find, mp5, skorpion,shotgun, Sk, cr, mosin, Those high tier military rifles, you find a idiot running around at night with a flare, And he has a ka-m checking road signs using the Isurvive map and you body him and wonder how the frick he found a Ka-m. 

On one of my home servers Frequently checking the list and I would see Generic user name during the day on the server, Then at night Generic user name 2, Then Generic user name 3, So imagine, people have gear stashed on actual characters in the same locations , hiding weapons like that and  removing or deleting underground stashes wouldn't do much either because there are places as a player, you would never go or find, with stuff in plain sight. 

long story short : Until console players get over gear fear, And multi-accounting , Nothing can be done, Thats another thing as well, also the devs would have to get a better grip on the things we are at odds with, Long with major gamebreaking bugs. 

Edited by Anwah